Iglesias or Peralta at SS? Drew or Bogaerts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Iglesias or Peralta at SS? Drew or Bogaerts?

Peralta got 2 hits last night, but Iglesias prevents runs with his glove.  Drew is steady but 10 years older than Bogaerts and therefore decrepit.  In the playoffs you gotta go with the rookies.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Iglesias or Peralta at SS? Drew or Bogaerts?

The softy fireman keeps insisting chieaper and younger must be better, perhaps because of the book/movie moneyball or his general antipathy toward the profit motive of the big market clubs and preference for skill of some, not all, small market teams like Oakland and Tampa.

But right now all the players are paid for.  Moreover, none of the final four teams can be considered penny pinchers although the Cardinals are probably the most "efficient" if that is the right word. 

My prediction is Leyland will stay with Peralta at SS and Kelly in LF, not because he doesn't appreciate the fielding genius, but because so far the Tigers haven't been hitting all that well.  Verlander and Scherzer are probably better than the Sox two best, but the Sox have the best hitting in MLB and in the playoffs and four starters who are pretty good.  The Tigers hitting, meanwhile, is looking anemic despite a terrific ALDS by Vic Martinez.  Peralta is a decent SS and a much better bat than Iglesias.  Kelly also has a better bat. 

Right now it is obvious the veterans are the best bet for both teams.  Both are more likely to hit well, and Drew is also more likely than Bogaerts to field well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bogaerts drew a walk, so Drew should never play in a Red Sox uniform again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I forgot that.  Thanks.  Drew is out. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I forgot that.  Thanks.  Drew is out. 

[/QUOTE]

that is because he was hitting against lefty!!!  

Drew have hit the ball harder than half of the guys in the line up for the whole series.  Loony robbed his possible three runs triple hit on the other nite.  

Bogaerts can wait until next year, and try to prove the team that he is really the future SS of the team!!  

Everyone here got to quit acting like they think these rookies will out perform the vets in every playoff series!!

Dream on!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew's a platoon UIF'er, who was allowed to many PA v. LP. And that LP of the Rays was quite bad, just ask Ortiz and Nava, et al.  

[/QUOTE]

Correct.  Matt Moore and David Price are bums.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Moore and Price pitched like bums in the ALDS. That's a fact.

[/QUOTE]

A Little League team would have lit them up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

Moore and Price pitched like bums in the ALDS. That's a fact.

[/QUOTE]

you re a bum...that's a fact

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Question:  If you had to choose among those 4 to be your 2014 starting shortstop, 1 year only, same health, same salary, no strings attached how would you rate them?  Me?

1) Peralta

2) Drew

3) Iglesias

4) Bogaerts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Question:  If you had to choose among those 4 to be your 2014 starting shortstop, 1 year only, same health, same salary, no strings attached how would you rate them?  Me?

1) Peralta

2) Drew

3) Iglesias

4) Bogaerts

[/QUOTE]

Drew has a higher career OPS than Peralta and plays better D.

I think if bogaerts gets 500 at bats he hits 280 with 20 homers and an 850 ops.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

Right now it is obvious the veterans are the best bet for both teams.  Both are more likely to hit well, and Drew is also more likely than Bogaerts to field well. 

In fact, you spamming the Board with the non seq comparisons doesn't distract from how pitiful Drew's numbers are in the 2012 playoffs and the 2013 ALDS. Bogaerts will hit better, but he won't get that chance becuase of 9.5 million dollars worth of middle management pride. Not hard to field better than "Bobble Hands and clumsy feet" Drew. I like how Farrell showed zero confidence in the 9.5M S. Drew vs. Lefties, and put "the rookie" in to get on base in the tipping moment of the game. VMart has 1 more year on his contract, at which time Miggy will leave 3rd and move to DH. Peralta's gone for 2014 and the Tigers will be starting Iglesias for many years after Jake Peavy is kicked out of baseball because his pride is lower than Wakefield's.

How about the professional hitting from VMart, after starting the season bad and adjusting to missing the entire prior season with an injury. VMart's last 3 months and playoffs are a clinic on how to approach each plate appearance. Salty might ask for a few tips.     

[/QUOTE]

Any Urban Dictionary references in this post???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) Peralta

2) Drew

3) Iglesias

4) Bogaerts

[/QUOTE]

Drew has a higher career OPS than Peralta and plays better D.

I think if bogaerts gets 500 at bats he hits 280 with 20 homers and an 850 ops.

[/QUOTE]

Drew easily.  Drew ranked #8  for most HR among all SS's, ranked 25th for average, ranked 13th for OBP, ranked 5th for RBI, and 10th for WAR.  That is a heck of a stats.  He just had a great year, and probably one of the better SS that the Red Sox had in past 7 something years!!  Also he batted #7th compare to most SS's who bat higher than him!!

Yes he cant hit against lefties....same goes to a right handed hitter cant hit against righties!!

Quit looking at who is the pitcher on the mound.  Got to look at overall stats!!

If Sox resigns Drew, I would be more happy to see to happen!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

Peralta, easily. Then Iglesias, OPS of 700's not low enough to let the challenged fielder Drew move ahead of him. Then Bogearts, who has poise and a lot of hitting talent that Drew has never had. Drew's the bottom of the rung.

[/QUOTE]

I would never want Peralta on the Red Sox team after he was suspended for using PED!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Drew vs RHP and Bogy vs LHP.....seems simple to me.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

We agree on that, but only because Bogaerts needs more experience against MLB RP. Drew's embarrassing against MLB LP. He's really just a UIF profile.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but Drew had a magnificent .876 OPS against righties.  And most pitchers are righties - especially the Tigers pitchers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Tough decision for Leyland, Fenway Leftfield not as easy as many believe. I think they will go Game 1 and 2 with Iggy at SS. Reason, Lester going 1st game, want as many Righthanded Bats, and Fister going Game 2, he'll want Defense.
    Peralta could be a big handicap in different kind of Leftfield. You can cost your team alot of runs, if your not familiar with the Monster, nevermind not ever playing Leftfield before.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tough decision for Leyland, Fenway Leftfield not as easy as many believe. I think they will go Game 1 and 2 with Iggy at SS. Reason, Lester going 1st game, want as many Righthanded Bats, and Fister going Game 2, he'll want Defense.
    Peralta could be a big handicap in different kind of Leftfield. You can cost your team alot of runs, if your not familiar with the Monster, nevermind not ever playing Leftfield before.

[/QUOTE]

Iggy and Peralta are both righty hitters.  Iggy's bat is ice cold, and Peralta's is hot--he led the Tigers in rbi's and OPS in the ALDS.  In the ALDS the Tigers were 2-2 with Iglesias at SS and not hitting.  They won with Peralta at SS, who fielded flawlessly and had two hits.    He absolutely must be in the lineup, and he has the most experience at SS.  Use Dirks or Kelly in LF. 

25. This post has been removed.