Iglesias to be great as in Aparicio

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Iglesias to be great as in Aparicio

The Sox have had some very good SS but none have measured up to little Louie when he was here toward the end of his career. I think we have something special in this young guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Iglesias to be great as in Aparicio

Listen, I'm rooting as hard as anyone for the kid but until he can hit a little and doesn't swing at every pitch he's a very flawed player.  The game has changed.  Who is the last "great" SS that couldn't hit??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Could we wait until Iglesias gets a hit before comparing him to a Hall of Famer?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

thats funny tart. I agree he has a ways to go. Little Louie is why I am a sox fan

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Great. Ellsbury was the next Ted Williams. That hasn't gone well. Iggy is going to be a true solid defensive SS, but Appy is a little lofty on the comparison.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Iglesias to be great as in Aparicio:
    Could we wait until Iglesias gets a hit before comparing him to a Hall of Famer?
    Posted by tartarus12

Or at least an extra base hit in AAA. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The fans and the media build the hype so much that sometimes its impossible to live up to it..if the kid hits 250-60 with an OBP over 320 and collect 10GG, Ill be satisfied and I believe he can do that ..I agree that he needs more seasoning in AAA. he was hitting about 300 last year before he hurt himself so I think with some more work, Iggy can have at least a serviceable bat...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Immortal9. Show Immortal9's posts

Iglesias is very talented but I think it is apparent to everyone that he is not ready to be in "The Show" just yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

It's Luis but why can't we dream? //edit: huh, I just checked his b-r page and sho nuff it says "Little Louie."  Who knew?  (I guess everyone but me.)

But, on a serious note, wasn't Burleson or Orlando Cabrera or Nomar better than Aparicio at 37-39?

I haven't seen Iggy hit yet -- my only exposure to him is watching him live while he was dashing home on Crawford's wallball.  But I like to think that he can figure out the hitting part even if it's in The Show.  Aggressive is not bad.

I also liked an idea floated on The Sweet Spot yesterday -- Youk continuing to follow Edgar's career path exactly and going to fulltime DH next year allowing Jed Williams to slide over to 3B and have Iggy play SS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

We are all rooting for him. But the past 2 years, albeit dealing with injury, have produced the followinfg slash lines:
    AA Portland- avg-285/obp-315/ops-672
    Ariz Fall-avg-269/obp-292/ops-575
    AAA Pawt-avg-253/obp-278/ops-531
    Granted, small sample size, injuries etc. Iglesias clearly needs more AA or even AA PA's to get a legitimate sniff at playing in the major leagues.
    Sox/Theo do not highly value plus defensive/no offense from the SS position. It w/b interesting to see what RS nation tolerance is with Iggy if he is the every day SS next year putting up similiar slash lines listed.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronho. Show ronho's posts

Anyone remember the story about Yaz cutting Aparicio's pants legs off at the knees the last game of the season? Seems Aparacio was packed and had a plane to catch immediately after the game and he wore the cut off pants to the airport!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFutureNow. Show TheFutureNow's posts

Trade him for a catcher .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Trade Jed "I'm tired" Lowrie for a good catcher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think Iggy can turn into a seviceable hitter...His glove was the reason for his signing with the hope of the bat being "good enough"...Hes young, but talented. I believe he will do it...Who would you get for Lowrie majorleague? I mean if hes as bas as you say he is...I cant wait for your answer..Give us a trade scinario...

Sections
Shortcuts