Iglesias? Who needs him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Iglesias? Who needs him?

Move that ball girl out to shortstop!  Can Iggy play that carom?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Iglesias? Who needs him?

Hey notin, was Liriano one of those "flyers" you were talking about last winter?

The guy is 15-6 with the Pirates this season.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

He was.  Liriano was my top recommendation over Dempster.  It was more based on some projections or whatever you want to call them than on simply being a flier...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to notin's comment:

He was.  Liriano was my top recommendation over Dempster.  It was more based on some projections or whatever you want to call them than on simply being a flier...

yes i remember that...good call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I still think it was a good trade, but it would have been fun watching this stuff.  Iglesias vs Iglesias for reigning web gem.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9618457&categoryid=2378529

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The Tigers do. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

The thing about Drew is, he is a very good Clutch hitter. I'll take the 1-4 if it knocks in 2 runs anytime over a 2-4 hitter that does nothing.

.313 AVG, with 2 Outs RISP.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

It does not make sense to compare Iglesias with Drew at this time because Iglesias was traded for a very good starting pitcher that the Sox needed this year (NOW).

You have to give up something to get something in most trades and Peavy is/has been more valuable to this year's team than Iglesias was or would have been.

The jury is still out on Iglesias and his offense, but also think that he will continue to make improvements

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Why do all pro-Iglesias arguments seem to hinge on him being the shortstop for the next 10 to 15 years?  How many players spend 10 to 15 years with the same team?

Regardless of whatever defensive metric you choose, the best defensive SS of the past 10 years was Adam Everett.  Why has there NEVER been any outcry over his trade?  Is it all the Carl Everett love?  Did the Sox survivethe deal?  Did Adam continue to develop as a hitter and spend 10 to 15 years anchoring the Houston infield?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

iggy was and still is a joy to watch play SS. But, at this point in time with the sox in a race to the finsih we needed Pevvy 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In 1998 when my friend was driving Adam Everett around Lowell in his car the song "If I had a million dollars" (Barenaked) came on the radio and Adam sang en-sync with the song.... he already had a million dollars, more actually.

Muy bueno.  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

iggy was and still is a joy to watch play SS. But, at this point in time with the sox in a race to the finsih we needed Pevvy 

Exactly.

Iglesias was fun to watch, but so are post-season games...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

And for the record, this thread was about a really nice play made by the ball gitl...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

And for the record, this thread was about a really nice play made by the ball gitl...

lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Exactly.

playoff race or not..you put iggy and peavy side by side and say pick one...i pick peavy over and over...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

Exactly.

playoff race or not..you put iggy and peavy side by side and say pick one...i pick peavy over and over...

No playoff race and I would consider 5+ years or Iglesias at low and arbitration wages over 2 years of Peavy at $28mill.

But the pennant race was a BIG part of why I liked this deal...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

The thing about Drew is, he is a very good Clutch hitter. I'll take the 1-4 if it knocks in 2 runs anytime over a 2-4 hitter that does nothing.

.313 AVG, with 2 Outs RISP.

yep and Drew will be gone in 2 years and Iggy will improve on his offense and play another 15 years. Meanwhile Bogey will eventually end up at 3B, LF, RF, or 1B... but hey that Drew really is special.

Iggy isn't that big of a deal.

At all. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

Exactly.

No playoff race and I would consider 5+ years or Iglesias at low and arbitration wages over 2 years of Peavy at $28mill.

But the pennant race was a BIG part of why I liked this deal...

yeah i understand...that is so true..but as for me it's not about money...i was a big peavy fan for years...i was stoked when we got peavy and the playoff race made it better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

The tigers had him batting second today.  Went 2/3 with a sac bunt.  If Myers slump continues Iglesias has a chance to be the first rookie of the year traded mid-season even if they don't consider his defense.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

José Iglesias  batted 2nd tonight for the Tigers and went 2 for 3.

Just to be repetitive  Laughing

Iglesias missed the previous two starts with a sore elbow after being hit by a pitch last Friday. He's batting .286/.333/.357 over 21 games since arriving in Detroit.

And how about Peavy?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts