I'll admit it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I'll admit it

I will admit that Jerry Remy has been good this past week.  I like how last night after Middy's game winning RBI, Jerry said Middy was the biggest fan in the park.  I also liked how the game before when showing Fisk's epic homer, Jerry said he would be upset if a Red fan.  That there was a game seven and the reds won but all anyone talks about is game six.

He has been fluid and on the money. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: I'll admit it

In response to steven11's comment:

I will admit that Jerry Remy has been good this past week.  I like how last night after Middy's game winning RBI, Jerry said Middy was the biggest fan in the park.  I also liked how the game before when showing Fisk's epic homer, Jerry said he would be upset if a Red fan.  That there was a game seven and the reds won but all anyone talks about is game six.

and last night, analyzing Napoli's at bat, replaying and explaining in detail, why it was such a great at bat. Swung at the first curve ball, then adjusted, hit the same pitch, resulting in a double to right

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:

and last night, analyzing Napoli's at bat, replaying and explaining in detail, why it was such a great at bat. Swung at the first curve ball, then adjusted, hit the same pitch, resulting in a double to right

[/QUOTE]
    How he  Napoli held his hands in and waited , i thought that  was good to bring up. I have no problem when he is in the booth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think doing the games is Jerry's therapy.  It's probably the only time when he doesn't think about his son.  And I believe he realizes that at some point he can't protect his son anymore and that he is lucky to have led the life he has lived.  And that comes through in a positive way during the broadcasts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I also think Steve Lyons is grateful for the 2nd chance although I just get the sense he's going to blow it again.  I hope he doesn't though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I also think Steve Lyons is grateful for the 2nd chance although I just get the sense he's going to blow it again.  I hope he doesn't though.

[/QUOTE]

Steve is hanging with all the pretty people at Strega on the Waterfront.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I think jerry did a good also.  Baseball is a very important part of his life so I'm glad he is able to do what he does.

I think the wally wave is stupid but I'm sure jerry didn't have anything to do with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

I think doing the games is Jerry's therapy.  It's probably the only time when he doesn't think about his son.  And I believe he realizes that at some point he can't protect his son anymore and that he is lucky to have led the life he has lived.  And that comes through in a positive way during the broadcasts.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Andrew.  "Therapy"?  I don't see it that way...but I 100% agree with "the only time when he doesn't think about his son".  I'm a firm believer in trying to keep your life as normal as possible when disaster strikes.

Your other point is more subtle and interesting.  Some people have heavily criticised Remy and his wife for supporting their son.  What sort of parent wouldn't?  Did they make mistakes?  Looks like it.  Many people have suffered terribly from their son actions and, it could be argued, their ongoing support.  But they have suffered too, I'm sure, knowing that by keeping him out of serious trouble he was able to cause pain again and again. Maybe to some degree a burden has been lifted because he knows he did his best and while it's not and never will be completely over, a long, painful, traumatic era has ended.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

the problem is...the rumor that the Remy's prevented/coerced/pleaded with the dead girl from going to the police about their son the day before she was killed. 

if that is true, he should not be on tv. 

does anyone know if that part of the story is true or false?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the problem is...the rumor that the Remy's prevented/coerced/pleaded with the dead girl from going to the police about their son the day before she was killed. 

[/QUOTE]

well, I believe Phobee begged with the girl not to issue an restraining order

(restraining orders are just as bad as having a criminal conviction on your record)

the real credit goes to Don for not letting it bother him NOR bring it up by accident on the air

Remy is lucky to have a friend like Don

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

There is an old joke that a woman gets a call from the police that her husband is in jail and to come get him.  She replies to keep him, at least I know where he is tonight.  Jerry finally knows where his kid is at all times and he won't be hurting anyone any longer.  Maybe this brings peace and he can concentrate on his job.  He has been better than the last several years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If you are Jerry's son you pretty much have your ticket stamped

He's got money

Your name alone will get you good treatment service most places

And he could help you find work in sports

The kid just fell too far from the tree

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hi Slash.  Without doubt no one here knows that, and you well know they could not, in all probability.  But is that question, as written, entirely fair or relevant?  

Assuming the son will be convicted of that terrible crime, I still can't blame his parents for "defending/supporting" him over the years despite the obvious terrible outcome and violent history.  In retrospect, he (may have) become a monster...but that monster was once a lovely little boy and his parents should have and did try to help/protect him even if it all went wrong and out of control.

Coercion (or bribery, or conspiracy, etc.) is an entirely different issue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i always liked jerry even when he's doing the huckster thing..and for the last time - no man should have to pay for the sins of their adult child

As always - 100% correct!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well, I believe Phobee begged with the girl not to issue an restraining order

(restraining orders are just as bad as having a criminal conviction on your record)

the real credit goes to Don for not letting it bother him NOR bring it up by accident on the air

Remy is lucky to have a friend like Don

[/QUOTE]

Rumors, anyone have facts?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Depends on your threshold for evidence.  I'd need to hear it from Mrs Remey.

I read this in the newspaper and from my experience, newspapers are anything but accurate; they lie and get stories wrong and twist things all the time.  So who knows for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Meanwhile....Jared Remy is back in the news this morning for another assault in prison.

Added to that...Phoebe Remy did talk the victim out of a restraining order...promising her that the family would protect her. That is not rumor and speculation..that is straight out of Remy's mouth in the interview he did.

I could care less about whether Remy's skills in the booth have taken a sudden turn for the better. I think he should not be there. That is my opinion..and one that I know a lot of people don't share. If people like him and want to protect him and his rights..that's their choice. I will save my sympathies and support for the victim in all of this...and that victim is certainly not Jerry Remy.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Why not say what the so called "assault" was?

"BOSTON —Jared Remy is accused of throwing a milk carton at a correction officer who was watching him in solitary confinement last month.

The Boston Herald said a report on the jailhouse outburst was included in a letter Remy sent the newspaper.

The officer said Remy struck the officer with the milk carton on April 25, hitting him on the collarbone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Meanwhile....Jared Remy is back in the news this morning for another assault in prison.

Added to that...Phoebe Remy did talk the victim out of a restraining order...promising her that the family would protect her. That is not rumor and speculation..that is straight out of Remy's mouth in the interview he did.

I could care less about whether Remy's skills in the booth have taken a sudden turn for the better. I think he should not be there. That is my opinion..and one that I know a lot of people don't share. If people like him and want to protect him and his rights..that's their choice. I will save my sympathies and support for the victim in all of this...and that victim is certainly not Jerry Remy.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Which interview would that be?

I listened to them and I don't recall that being said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/03/jerry_remy_speaks_out_on_accused_murderer_son" rel="nofollow">http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/03/jerry_remy_speaks_out_on_accused_murderer_son

A friend of Jennifer Martel’s has said she believed Remy’s mother pressured Jennifer to drop a restraining order against Jared the day before she died.

“Nonsense,” Jerry Remy said. “She can call up a station and talk for 45 minutes if she wants but it’s nonsense. We did everything in our power to try and help Jennifer be safe we encouraged her to leave, we offered her safe haven”

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/03/jerry_remy_speaks_out_on_accused_murderer_son" rel="nofollow">http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/03/jerry_remy_speaks_out_on_accused_murderer_son" rel="nofollow">http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/03/jerry_remy_speaks_out_on_accused_murderer_son

A friend of Jennifer Martel’s has said she believed Remy’s mother pressured Jennifer to drop a restraining order against Jared the day before she died.

“Nonsense,” Jerry Remy said. “She can call up a station and talk for 45 minutes if she wants but it’s nonsense. We did everything in our power to try and help Jennifer be safe we encouraged her to leave, we offered her safe haven”

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Like a restraining order would have made a difference anyway...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

COGGLINS LAW.....  EVERYTHING COMES TO AN END, AND THIS IS NOT GOING TO END WELL, FOR ANYBODY"  !!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

COGGLINS LAW.....  EVERYTHING COMES TO AN END, AND THIS IS NOT GOING TO END WELL, FOR ANYBODY"  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Run along and let the adults talk.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Run along and let the adults talk.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]That was a gooood one !!!   YUK<YUK< YUK  !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Actually T-Bag... he was serious... so "yuk" all u want. U have zero respect here.... Daddy would NOT be proud