I'll Take Lyons Over Remy Any Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I'll Take Lyons Over Remy Any Day

Nice manner, excellent insight -- definitely a notch above Remy. Plus, Orsillo doesn't get all giggly like he does with Remy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: I'll Take Lyons Over Remy Any Day

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice manner, excellent insight -- definitely a notch above Remy. Plus, Orsillo doesn't get all giggly like he does with Remy.

[/QUOTE]

Good for you. I think 1) he talks too much, and 2) he doesn't always get his facts straight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Not at second base

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]ME TOOOOO.......  This could be rem's last year.......  I see a lot of changes coming at  NESN  !!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Lyons is OK, but nothing really stands out.

Remy actually has been very good this year IMO with more strong analysis and less of the joking around. The joking is still there, which is good because it's a long season and there's nothing wrong with having a good time as long as you do your job.

And like I said, Remy has been very good IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]ME TOOOOO.......  This could be rem's last year.......  I see a lot of changes coming at  NESN  !!

[/QUOTE]

I hope Remy stays and Bill goes.

[/QUOTE]OFF the MEDs for the weekend ???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

me too, but i like the randomness even better. Remy is a good solid reliable option (i thought it was a mistake for him to come back but i was wrong on that. it's barely been a concern at all) and while i'm not a huge fan of the gigglefests for a few different reasons, it's a long season so no big deal. steady and reliable is very baseball.

but both Lyons and Eck are both more interesting and entertaining as replacements. i hear Eck didn't want the job or something? does that mean he didn't want it as a permanent thing or that he didn't want it at all? i hope it's just that he didn't want it permanently and that he'll still fill in occasionally. i don't remember the last time he did though. Lyons is a pretty close second as far as entertainment. he really seems to have put in the work to learn the craft and to still really enjoy the game.

i think we're lucky as fans in that regard. there are a lot of announcers that i simply can't tolerate. anyone who uszhes radio voishe and intentionally overpronounshes the esshes, for example. although the real old-timers get a passh on that.