"I'm a Jon Lester guy!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re:

I don't see much sense in going to either extreme--bashing him or overpraising him.  He has been very good for the Sox but has fallen on hard times despite being healthy.    We spent a longer period (three years?) cursing Lackey, and right now he has the best starter ERA on the team.  Lester can still turn things around, and right now we need him. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Yes. And we do  not need to re-sign him even if he goes 5-0 down the stretch. Overall he is nothing like we needed or hoped for, and he will still want to have the dough.

Re-signing him for 2014 means exercising a $13 million option. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re:

If Pedroia gets a $100 M deal does Lester deserve a contract like that for his 93-54 Won /Loss record?

I'm sure BenC has other ideas.

Talking lefthanders-----do you think the Phils might be inclined to trade Hamels and keep Lee?

Would you take the Hamels contact? Around $120 M left through 2018?

Maybe Lester, Webster, WMB OR some other combo plus we take on Hamel's full contract. He's a few years younger than Lee and Peavey about the same age as Lester?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

If Pedroia gets a $100 M deal does Lester deserve a contract like that for his 93-54 Won /Loss record?

Talking lefthanders-----do you think the Phils might be inclined to trade Hamels and keep Lee?

Maybe Lester, Webster, WMB OR some other combo plus we take on Hamel's full contract. He's a few years younger than Lee and Peavey about the same age as Lester?

Good heavens no. Have you seen his record this year? Hes like 2-11 or something. Id only take him if Philly picked up most of his contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re:

I wish I was as sharp as Burrito T. If only we all had such acumen. Woe is me, I'm just a poor, dumb Jon Lester fan.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re:

For 13 million dollars you aren't going to get a better starter then Lester. I would be shocked if they don't pick it up.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re:

I think Lester's going to step up and look like an ace for us down the stetch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re:

well, he loves his Ford truck

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re:

In response to slasher9's comment:

well, he loves his Ford truck

That's cuz he knows how to "enjoy the ride"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

For 13 million dollars you aren't going to get a better starter then Lester. I would be shocked if they don't pick it up.

I agree, I would be stunned if they didn't pick up his option.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re:

Lester has an ERA+ of 93.  Hamels has an ERA+ of 92.   Exactly what is the upgrade?  Or do people want new names to complain about?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re:

I'm a Jon Lester guy!

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re:

In response to devildavid's comment:

I'm a Jon Lester guy!

- Thomas Jefferson

I 2nd that!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re:

In response to notin's comment:

Lester has an ERA+ of 93.  Hamels has an ERA+ of 92.   Exactly what is the upgrade?  Or do people want new names to complain about?

Both pitchers look like they are starting to figure things out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re:

The thing that people on both side of the Jon-Lester-Awful-to-Ace seesaw don't get is the seesaw.  Even when he has had his best years, he always has prolonged peaks and valleys.  he has never been able to get it done consistently over the course of a season.  His worst seasons just have more prolonged periods of struggle.  His best, shorter periods of struggle. These periods are what separate him from being an ace, which he looks like with his best stuff going and no hiccups in his delivery or understanding of his pitches.  So, even when he looks like Cy Young, you know he is going unravel for a bit.  Conversely, just when you think he is toast, he pulls it back together.  The ebb and flow of Jon Lester.

Oh, by the way, I am a Jon Lester Guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

Re:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Good heavens no. Have you seen his record this year? Hes like 2-11 or something. Id only take him if Philly picked up most of his contract.

looking at record to tell if a pitcher is good is a bit archaic dont you think... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re:

In five July starts, Lester has a 3.13 ERA.  

Sections
Shortcuts