I'm done with Ortiz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: I'm done with Ortiz

In Response to Re: I'm done with Ortiz:
    Papi has meant so much to this team since he got here. That said, he's become a HUGE prima donna. He thinks no pitch should ever be called a strike, and pisses and moans at every at bat. He doesn't hustle to first on groundballs or popups. It seems that since Manny left, he's gotten to this point. He's still the best DH in the game, though. He's just not the climax hitter he was in the clutch. It will be interesting to see if he walks or stays.
    Posted by tbrod

He does however know of a great Italian restaurant in Cranston, Rhode Island.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

All I can say when I read a post like this one is that somewhere in Red Sox Nation a village is missing it's idiot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Ortiz has 29 HRs.   I guess we don't really need him.   We can get a guy like that to DH just about anywhere.   Undecided

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxWacko. Show RedSoxWacko's posts

I'll take his production on this team for another year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

Last year the so called "fans" wanted jake gone, and now papi?

where would this team be without their bats in the lineup?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Maybe Ortiz is done with you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Youk can DH in 2012, and this opens up 3B to ad a bat.
    Posted by BurritoT
    And your third baseman is? And please don't say Pujolis. From this list you can tell it isn't going to be through FA:

Third Basemen
    Wilson Betemit KC
    Casey Blake LAD *
    Eric Chavez NYY
    Mark DeRosa SF
    Greg Dobbs PHI
    Edwin Encarnacion TOR *
    Wes Helms FLA
    Melvin Mora ARI
    Aramis Ramirez CHC
    Miguel Tejada SF
    Omar Vizquel CWS

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

"Breaks in on a Francona interview to whine about an RBI!" If you read the papers in the days after this you would have learned this the entire event was staged by Dustin Pedroia and ended up being a joke on Francona.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

pike, you are just pulling stuff out of your culo...that was no skit/joke and you know it....why would you lie to cover up for anyone, let alone a ballplayer you dont know and who could care less about you?  Strange-

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

for me it will ALWAYS be about the team first Then you will applaud when Ellsbury leaves via trade or FA.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul

Yeah, can't have too many MVPs on your team.

BTW, Ellsbury officially owns you.  Your entire life now revolves around Ellsbury, and how his MVP season hass embarrassed you.

If it was me, I'd say 'wow, I was wrong, great', but Ellsbury has reduced you to babble.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

man, the OP and geo need to take a deep breath and crack open a cold one. sheesh guys, relax will ya?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Crawford officially owns you, Joe. And Crawford was signed because 2010 decision was not to pay Ellsbury FA years. And Ellsbury will soon be owned by another team. I didn't know Ellsbury was the MVP. Crawford finished 7th in MVP in 2010. He stinks and is overrated and I said not to sign him. 

Agon is MVP, and has the coattails to prove it.

Ellsbury steals are near 50 this year, as he closes in on 40/40.

Ortiz is more important to the team than Ellsbury. But, most Red Sox fans will claim otherwise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: I'm done with Ortiz : pike, you are just pulling stuff out of your culo...that was no skit/joke and you know it....why would you lie to cover up for anyone, let alone a ballplayer you dont know and who could care less about you?  Strange-
    Posted by georom4

http://joyofsox.blogspot.com/2011/08/haggerty-rbi-flap-was-pedroia-prank.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to I'm done with Ortiz:
    I've grown very tired of his act. Francona supported Ortiz when he showed up on "the list". Francona supported him when he stunk for the first 2 months for TWO consecutive seasons, not only keeping him in the lineup, but refusing to move him down far longer than many of us would have been willing to wait. So, as a thanks for all that support, Ortiz: -Breaks in on a Francona interview to whine about an RBI! -Decides hes a pitching expert, and throws Francona under the bus saying that Aceves should have been in there 10 days ago. -Whined multiple times about wanting a long term deal I don't know why Ortiz feels the need to open his mouth. He's a DH. He doesn't field. He doesn't pitch. He doesn't pinch run. He hits. He should only be talking about, if ANYTHING, hitting. Ortiz is consnumed with Ortiz and I'm done with him. He can take his tired act to another city, Boston BETTER NOT offer more than a single season, I'm not sure he's even worth that. Once upon a time I thought Ortiz really was all about the Sox, now it seems he's clearly all about himself. I'm sure many of you will make excuses for him, but for me it will ALWAYS be about the team first, and Ortiz has not been about the Sox first this season. He's been worried about RBI, contracts and rotation concerns. I wish he would've been more concerned about HIS OWN fielding, maybe they would've produced better during interleague play.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

If you don't like Ortiz, fine. Much of your post is opinion and even though you're out to lunch on most of it, again, fine -- an opinion is an opinion. 

I take someone's opinion in relation to how they use facts. If they use facts correctly and accurately, then I'll give their opinion serious consideration. When they make up facts, then then I'll take their opinion as nothing more than mindless whining.

So let's look at your "facts" you state, which I highlighed in bold.
    In 2009, 0 HR, 12 RBIs, .230 in April and 1 HR, 6 RBI in May.

Good start. Ortiz indeed struggled those two months. Next:
    In 2010, 1 HR, 4 RBI, .143 in April, 10 HR, 27 RBI, .363 BA in May.

Get out the Gong, you lose. You feel the need to exagerate and ignoring that one of the months you classified as struggling was one of his best months ever.

Nice try but chalk up your post to nothing but mindless whining. Thanks for playing. Don't forget your parting gifts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

I am tired of his facial hair and accent. I also wish he did more for his country of DR. It also bother me he doesn't help the kids of Boston enough. It also bothers me he doesn't steal more bases. Don't get me started on the way he claps his hands before he hits.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Many who post here have hidden agendas that just might be racial and others paint themselves into a corner with past rants that were greeted with logic, reason, and corrections. Such posters come to the forum to inflame, annoy, and debate for the joy of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Boston racial agenda is never hidden. Simply read comments on Wakefield and Ortiz.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Or the monthly thread that wonders why we don't have enough African-Americans, Latinos, or Canadians on our roster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: I'm done with Ortiz : http://joyofsox.blogspot.com/2011/08/haggerty-rbi-flap-was-pedroia-prank.html
    Posted by BeaconHill19

what????????? how in earth does this not make Ortiz look like the selfish player he was?????? he thoguht henry/Theo were interfering with the scorer to lower his value? is this guy really that dense?....once again your disingenious info was a flat out lie...you said it was a prank and implied that Ortiz was in on it...he wasnt and he barged in on Ttio during a press conference to moan about an rbi....you should apologize for spreading untruths...its one thing to have an opinion, its another to simply fabricate facts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

Many who post here have hidden agendas that just might be racial and others paint themselves into a corner with past rants that were greeted with logic, reason, and corrections. Such posters come to the forum to inflame, annoy, and debate for the joy of it.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

You have no agenda, you're just happy-go-lucky!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

The facts weren't fabricated. See the link. The response by Ortiz is open to speculation however. Either he over-reacte or was was temorarily out of control. It was indeed a prank by Pedroia. The OP author never read a word about the Pedroia prank so I filled him in. Form your own opinion on Papi based on the above facts in the article and then mix it in your agenda pot and see what you arrive at. Another option is to assume the best about a player until you have the complete story - if it ever comes out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

The facts weren't fabricated. See the link. The response by Ortiz is open to speculation however. Either he over-reacte or was was temorarily out of control. It was indeed a prank by Pedroia. The OP author never read a word about the Pedroia prank so I filled him in. Form your own opinion on Papi based on the above facts in the article and then mix it in your agenda pot and see what you arrive at. Another option is to assume the best about a player until you have the complete story - if it ever comes out.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

You're just happy go lucky guy, a joy and a treasure for the forum.  Everyone likes you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

As opposed to many on this forum I try to respect the players and management as much as possible. I try not to speculate or have opinions that are not backed up by fact. I try to be optimistic and hopeful since that fits in more with the definition of being a fan than chronic pessimism and cynicism does. I am aware that I am in the minority with those traits but I don't care. This is not a popularity contest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

As opposed to many on this forum I try to respect the players and management as much as possible. I try not to speculate or have opinions that are not backed up by fact. I try to be optimistic and hopeful since that fits in more with the definition of being a fan than chronic pessimism and cynicism does. I am aware that I am in the minority with those traits but I don't care. This is not a popularity contest.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Wrong.  Especially for someone who claims he likes facts.  Being a fan varies from person to person.  Again everyone loves you, you're awesome!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

Posted by BeaconHill19

Pike, did you just see The Captain take Lester deep?

Sections
Shortcuts