I'm outta here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: I'm outta here

In response to wonderdrums's comment:

I've been reading this stuff for years and I barely if ever post because Im not trying to argue about and ruin something I love a lot.....Redsox Baseball.  Opinions and feelings from a poster shouldnt be questioned to the extreme that some are. How can you tell someone how they feel about something is wrong? Agree or disagree its still not wrong. There is no right or wrong on this board as far as opinions go. The way posters respond and disrespect each other is an entirely different matter. It goes on way too often and usually ends up derailing and squashing any decent topic. This has gotten progressively worse every year and BDC is to blame.  Its a shame really because some of you guys put a lot of thought and insight into your posts. I enjoy them. 

It is in this light that I wish you well Carnie. I can say from an outside perspective looking in that you have always tried to keep the conversation on the Redsox. It's easy to get sucked into the nonsense when you've been put in a position to have to defend yourself, but you've for the most part seemed to keep a fair perspective on the topic at hand. That's not an easy task here. Good Luck and maybe you'll come back later this year when the Sox are in the post season. Peace. Go Sox!

B I N G O  !!    GOOD POST......   BTW, No one has evaa had to defend themselves on this board more than  BILL-806 ......  Just shrug it off and keep coming back with my opinion as i see my beloved Sox.......  Carnie, needs a good night sleep, the sun will come up in the morning and this board will still be here !!!     BTW, Do you know that you are talking to the  "BDC  2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR"  !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Hope you stick around monsieur...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

For a while anyway. Most likely I'll eventually be back. This used to be a fun place to come talk about baseball after all. But just for now I can't take any more of pike, softlaw and billy boy. To everyone else, adios amigos.

Say it ain't so!  I know what you mean.....  these guys are definitely a bit nuts, but you gotta put things in perspective.  Let it go!  IGNORE!  The regular RED SOX LOVERS are trickling back........   It's gonna be a fun year with the Red Sox, and on this board.  Just have fun watching these clowns suffer through a great RS year!  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

V

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Hafner could be a dangerous hitter in this park.

You are being a tad incongruent all of a sudden.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Hafner could be a dangerous hitter in this park.

Messed up. Thought it was the game thread.

You are being a tad incongruent all of a sudden.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I hope this will convince you to stay, Lansford.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

posted at 4/3/2013 7:17 PM EDT

• georom4
    • First: 4/9/2009
    • Last: 4/3/2013

Carnie, i disagree with you often...

Reason enough to stay, Carnie!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Carnie my friend, why would you quit on your friends here? Because bill the IDIOT and Softy the drooling slob (Ive changed my mind) try to ruin this board (are they one and the same?)? If you quit then your just like those who you admonished from last years team. I read now but rarely post, but there are 20 posters here I love for their honest and intelectual opinions (even if I dont agree). Be patient at the plate you will get your pitch to hit!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

“Never, never, never give up.”

Amen from someone who has survived! Im the fortunate one!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

ignore button is back, so y not just ignore those people and not leave?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I know how infuriating Stiffy, Billy-69, Pike, and a few others can be, and I was close to calling it quits with BDC this winter, but Carnie will definitely be back.

He simply needs a brief vacation!  He'll be back by the weekend, as the beginning of this 2013 Red Sox season is just going to be too special to miss.  I really think, if the Sox go long with the kids (JBJ and Iggy), that this could be a once in a lifetime type of season.

Carniiiiiie...  Cut the shi___!  You know you can't stay away.  You're gonna let Stiffy, little billy, Pike, & a few other looooosas drive you away?  I think not!  :)

C U Soon Carnie.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Carnie, You are the resident expert on JBJ......... You can not leave. And you're the rep from the Sunset District...........and the Zydeco man.........take 2 aspirin and post in the morning

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Everyone needs a 'vacation' on occasion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I took a vacation from this forum for a few years.....which is why I have been here forever but do not have a lot of posts.  Instead I went to the local watering hole and talked to fans in person....GO FIGURE!!  It's a lot better experience.  I find that often times our original intent gets lost in the written word since voice inflection is difficult to convey.  Plus for some reson people feel very tough hiding behind their computer....

I think if we were all to get together for a beer or 2...or 8... and have pretty much the same conversations things would be different since we can hear the 'nuances and tongue in cheek tones' in voices....  Softy would have to wait outside though and have a chocolate milk but heck...it's all good.

So Carnie.....enjoy your vacation.  Get out there if you can and talk to fans face to face and enjoy the games.  Cheers my friend!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

For a while anyway. Most likely I'll eventually be back. This used to be a fun place to come talk about baseball after all. But just for now I can't take any more of pike, softlaw and billy boy. To everyone else, adios amigos.

Come back Carnie.   Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Well CARNIE, the sun came up this morning ......  Now stop the pouting and get yourself back in the fray ........  As they said in TOP GUN, "Maverick, get your ARRRRS in there & engage"  !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

I've been reading this stuff for years and I barely if ever post because Im not trying to argue about and ruin something I love a lot.....Redsox Baseball.  Opinions and feelings from a poster shouldnt be questioned to the extreme that some are. How can you tell someone how they feel about something is wrong? Agree or disagree its still not wrong. There is no right or wrong on this board as far as opinions go. The way posters respond and disrespect each other is an entirely different matter. It goes on way too often and usually ends up derailing and squashing any decent topic. This has gotten progressively worse every year and BDC is to blame.  Its a shame really because some of you guys put a lot of thought and insight into your posts. I enjoy them. 

It is in this light that I wish you well Carnie. I can say from an outside perspective looking in that you have always tried to keep the conversation on the Redsox. It's easy to get sucked into the nonsense when you've been put in a position to have to defend yourself, but you've for the most part seemed to keep a fair perspective on the topic at hand. That's not an easy task here. Good Luck and maybe you'll come back later this year when the Sox are in the post season. Peace. Go Sox!

Great post.  Very well stated.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

posted at 4/3/2013 7:17 PM EDT

• georom4
    • First: 4/9/2009
    • Last: 4/3/2013

Carnie, i disagree with you often...

Reason enough to stay, Carnie!

lol

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Well CARNIE, the sun came up this morning ......  Now stop the pouting and get yourself back in the fray ........  As they said in TOP GUN, "Maverick, get your ARRRRS in there & engage"  !!!

the sun coming up is not the problem; you coming up is the problem.

This is the 100th post on behalf of CARNIE.....................  ENOUGH  !!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

the sun coming up is not the problem; you coming up is the problem.

This is the 100th post on behalf of CARNIE.....................  ENOUGH  !!!!!!

You saying "enough" is the best reason I can think of to keep this thread alive.

Hang in there, carnie. Illegitimi non carborundum.

Sections
Shortcuts