I'm Really Concerned about J.D. Drew's Finger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: I'm Really Concerned about J.D. Drew's Finger

When the Yazzer is talking we are able to see his A-Cheeks moving.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: I'm Really Concerned about J.D. Drew's Finger:
    [QUOTE]I am concerned too.  I am concerned that it will get better and he will take the field again.
    Posted by dollkuhn[/QUOTE]

Me too, but worry not, he will find one way or another to ever show his sorry face in front of the Boston Faithful again, and just slink out of town with his unearned millions, have a beer and a good laugh with his buddy "the other Drew", and earn his spot in the Boston Hall of Shame. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Drew knows his own body, but he doesn't know his finger, the digit has got to be upset with this. Now that digit will forever be the butt of jokes, no better than Drew's butt. It's sad. The digit deserves better as that finger knows it can play with a sprain, but JD shut that digit down. It's criminal. A dirt dog that digit is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I think we really missed the point here.

It isn't that his finger is injured, it's that his glove had been off for so long, the hole healed up.  The last good thing JD had been doing is now gone, his defense in RF.

I mean, really, how can we expect the glove to have behaved any differently?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd rather have a willing JD on the roster for the play-offs, too bad he seems to not care much about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]When the Yazzer is talking we are able to see his A-Cheeks moving .
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

LOL!

You made me so glad that we are not doing video correspondence!  Jim Carey's routine was bad enough ....

But that does make sense, Moon.  The season is and has been a success and all he can do it knock stuff.  He must be standing on his head and talking out of his .... (see emboldened print above) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Well, since I'm the glove's agent, I will speak on his behalf. Is this mic on?
    "Ok, JD Drew's glove has announced, is announcing his retirement, effective immediately. Here is a prepared statement by the Rawlings leather himself.
    "With great regret as to my ability to continue being used in MLB games, I am
    reluctantly announcing my retirement. This is a tough moment for me, but JD
    has decided he doesn't want to use me anymore. And it's frustrating. I just
    don't understand why he doesn't want to have fun with me anymore. We used
    to make great catches together over the years, but at some point, he just said
    forget it. Well, I have no choice. I can't walk out to RF on my own, and frankly
    I am getting stiff as he won't oil me. I'm no better than a door stop. It hurts.
    .....*tears.*"....Thank you, this press conference is over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Really Concerned about J.D. Drew's Finger : Me too, but worry not, he will find one way or another to ever show his sorry face in front of the Boston Faithful again, and just slink out of town with his unearned millions, have a beer and a good laugh with his buddy "the other Drew", and earn his spot in the Boston Hall of Shame. 
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

there's been a lot of 'drews' under theo einstein's reign.
    and each and everyone is laughing at the tool.

btw, moon, you're as stupid as a POST. mainly the one's you bore us with on a daily basis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

What is all this talk about Maurice Cheeks?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Drew?   Drew who?
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Understated but outstanding.   Loved the choice of the smiley ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]What is all this talk about Maurice Cheeks?
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Clarification please, danny:

1.  Mo Cheeks, the basketball player (former, that is)

or

2.  Mo' cheeks, Kim Kardashian (X-rays to prove it ....)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather have a willing JD on the roster for the play-offs, too bad he seems to not care much about it.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Agree that if Drew wasn't injured and was productive for the remainder of the season, he could help the Red Sox in the playoffs.  I doubt that he will even play another game for the Red Sox before the season ends.  It definitely doesn't seem like he cares. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yea i have lost all hope in the guy...im sure though he will be on the roster come playoff time but i wish Francona would grow a pair and tell him to stick it and take the rest of his career off - we dont want you.....

it would be totally cool for the sox brass to state at playoff time that "Drew is healthy but we dont need him or care about him after this season of faked injuries and heartless play"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]yea i have lost all hope in the guy...im sure though he will be on the roster come playoff time but i wish Francona would grow a pair and tell him to stick it and take the rest of his career off - we dont want you..... it would be totally cool for the sox brass to state at playoff time that "Drew is healthy but we dont need him or care about him after this season of faked injuries and heartless play"
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

sorry, one thing, er, i should say two things a ventiloquist's dummy doesn't come with is a pair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Really Concerned about J.D. Drew's Finger : there's been a lot of 'drews' under theo einstein's reign. and each and everyone is laughing at the tool. btw, moon, you're as stupid as a POST. mainly the one's you bore us with on a daily basis.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

one's = ones

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]What if Jim Rome called Drew "Nancy" like he did Jim Everett "Chrissy"?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

one of my favorite clips ever....watch Rome scuttle like a crab trying to get away.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Another thing that kills me about JD Drew is how slow it takes him to come back from injuries. I was in Baghdad, Iraq with two blown discs in my back and a completely blown shoulder that ended up requiring 5 surgeries when I came home in 2004. I stayed on the line serbving my 13 month tour of duty. JD Drew has been out since early July and now he hurt his finger. So glad I was not depending on him in Baghdad, Iraq.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's a mystery...

...that Nancy guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

In Response to I'm Really Concerned about J.D. Drew's Finger:
    [QUOTE] I went to bed last night worried sick about J.D. Drew and the health of his middle finger. Poor guy. What a bad injury. Guys are hobbling around with bad hamstrings, neck issues, etc, and this guy hurt his little finger and can't play. What a joke.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I'm concerned about it, too. What if it gets better?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

tonight's MLB broadcast through NESN...Tito in a classic cryptic line.
    Remdog: "Tito, when is Drew expected back?"
    Tito: "Well as you know Drew had a setback with his finger. He'll be back when he can tolerate it."

ROFLMAO....Tito's wit is his biggest strength. I love that response. He threw Drew under a bus while telling the truth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Another thing that kills me about JD Drew is how slow it takes him to come back from injuries. I was in Baghdad, Iraq with two blown discs in my back and a completely blown shoulder that ended up requiring 5 surgeries when I came home in 2004. I stayed on the line serbving my 13 month tour of duty. JD Drew has been out since early July and now he hurt his finger. So glad I was not depending on him in Baghdad, Iraq.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

AL34, first, let me thank you on behalf of the American public for your service to your country. Two, maybe Ortiz didn't have to sit a few weeks for a heel bursitis that was described like he couldn't DH on it. Figure there are a lot of Sox who are shut down for a variety of "ailments." It's frustrating to know a lot of us have a bigger threshold for pain than MLB players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

I heard yesterday A.M. that JDD has an appointment with Dr. Andrew Minch, a noted hand surgeon in Boston early next week. Maybe Dr. Minch can get him going sooner rather than later.

Sections
Shortcuts