I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................

Ever since the season started I have been trying to figure out why I have been staying away from this forum. I figured it out today.
    It is the same crap every day win or lose.
    It is the same people saying the same crap every day.
    It is the same "...it is Francona's fault..."
    It is the same dump this guy because he suks.
    It is the same dumb trade ideas.

Now it is not everybody but it is a lot of you.

Some people have a one track mind and despite the beginning of a thread and how good it starts out some pinhead will ultimately get it derailed to "..it's Francana fault..." or some other similar ongoing dumb idea.

It is always they show no emotion. I just remember the Youk is an idiot for showing so much emotion and at the same time Drew being beaten because of not showing enough.
    It is the they should play small ball more theory by some that comes up despite every expert in MLB saying giving up an out is not a smart move almost all of the time.

It is the dire attitude of some fans all the time.
    Yes they are not playing well but guess what no one is.
    No team is running away with it.
    The only team in the AL playing real good is Cleveland and do you really see them staying this good????

I'm just sick of the same crap.

BTW if they are only 4 out come Aug 1st I still be a HAPPY RED SOX FAN unlike many here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Re: I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................

http://www.amazon.com/Moneyball-Art-Winning-Unfair-Game/dp/0393057658

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Wakefield is a total waste of an active roster spot. The Red Sox look quite good for the long season, and will start to move past the pretenders in short order.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................:
    [QUOTE]Ever since the season started I have been trying to figure out why I have been staying away from this forum. I figured it out today. It is the same crap every day win or lose. It is the same people saying the same crap every day. It is the same "...it is Francona's fault..." It is the same dump this guy because he suks. It is the same dumb trade ideas. Now it is not everybody but it is a lot of you. Some people have a one track mind and despite the beginning of a thread and how good it starts out some pinhead will ultimately get it derailed to "..it's Francana fault..." or some other similar ongoing dumb idea. It is always they show no emotion. I just remember the Youk is an idiot for showing so much emotion and at the same time Drew being beaten because of not showing enough. It is the they should play small ball more theory by some that comes up despite every expert in MLB saying giving up an out is not a smart move almost all of the time. It is the dire attitude of some fans all the time. Yes they are not playing well but guess what no one is. No team is running away with it. The only team in the AL playing real good is Cleveland and do you really see them staying this good???? I'm just sick of the same crap. BTW if they are only 4 out come Aug 1st I still be a HAPPY RED SOX FAN unlike many here.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

I agree. That's why I ignore posters like GM (softy), 1941, andrewmitch and a few others. They're such bores. I'll rarely get scked into one of their lame posts or threads. Why should I waste my time on such losers?

For the most part, I just respond to posters whom I know you can have a interesting or civilized discussions. Occasionally I'll break down and respond to one of them, but it's getting rarer and rarer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Roy, you're calling yourself the voice of reason. Ha ha ha ha ha!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

jim and roy - there is a pvt room for like minded people available on this site, you guys should use it so not to be hassled by those pesky doubting thomases  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbev97. Show kbev97's posts

If all of the spokesmen in the FO and Tito have subscribed to Moneyball and Bill James principles, why do so many posters think that they should the opposite most of the time? It's like a Democrat expected a Republican platform at the national convention.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................:
    [QUOTE]jim and roy - there is a pvt room for like minded people available on this site, you guys should use it so not to be hassled by those pesky doubting thomases  
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Gee -- for a teacher, you certainly didn't grasp what I posted. Who said anything about looking for like-minded people or that I didn't want to be "hassled by ..." 

I'll post where ever the he!! I please. I'm certainly not going to let whiners chase me off. Like I said, there are some posters who never have anything useful to contribute and I just ignore them, which is what everyone is free to do (and is what I posted). You're just as free to do the same.

And if you note, I responded to your post because I don't lump you in with others like softy. Yes, on some issues I think you're point of view is ridiculous and you are too close-minded about them that I just ignore you on those topics. But you're also not a one-trick pony, and on other issues, I might respond to your posts whether we're in agreement or not.

So like I said -- I'll pick and choose who I respond to. I don't know why this concept bothers you so much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Roy - honestly, it seems a bit elitist to me - I dont start or contibute to any posts that call out anyone (except pike's crazy one on me last week)

you have good posts that i enjoy reading even when i disagree with you but Jim's thread is just horsebleep aimed at silencing opinions...as a teacher I cant stand that...imo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

georom, I agree. There are far too many threads about posters or the forum or trolls or about staring at our navels.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................:
    [QUOTE]Roy - honestly, it seems a bit elitist to me - I dont start or contibute to any posts that call out anyone (except pike's crazy one on me last week) you have good posts that i enjoy reading even when i disagree with you but Jim's thread is just horsebleep aimed at silencing opinions...as a teacher I cant stand that...imo

I'm not sure what you think seems elitist? I don't what's so elitist about my post about responding to some posters and not others. I never called for anyone to be banned and I never said others couldn't post whatever they wanted.

I also don't respond on threads that call out a specific person. I think those threads are lame. But I don't agree with your interpretation of Jim's post. His OP IMO was just about his frustration at the attitude and posts from many posters on this board. 

He never singled out one poster. He never said anyone couldn't post or tried to shut up anyone. He vented about their opinions, and isn't that what this board is for?

Jim's one of the good posters on this board. He basically sounded off about the different thread topics in one post and said he disagreed with that attitude. What -- can't he express his opinion about that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think the Red Sox are going to the playoffs.

That's as positive as I will be.

I think Theo did a great job this offseason filling holes. I think Young's work with the pitchers is a "work in progress" and we will see better pitching as time goes on. Crawford will be just fine. Gonzalez is the real deal.

Despite some players who are not big contributors , and you should know who they are by now, they will overcome a bad start and be just fine.

There is too much talent on this team.

But, this doesn't mean I won't be negative about some issues when I see fit. I am not a "glass is always half full" type of guy.

Sorry if my negative posts bother anyone. But I call it as I see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Seriously , what is wrong with some back and forth discussion on this ballclub. Can't understand why criticism of the team bothers some people so much. Would you rather just pretend that all is well so far this season. Just check the stats and you will see why some fans are justifiably ctitical.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Roy, you dont "respond" to some posters like DR. & Andre? How's that supposed to make you sound?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

OH and Just to get this Thread back on track ... It Is Francona's Fault !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Red Sox are going to the playoffs. That's as positive as I will be. I think Theo did a great job this offseason filling holes. I think Young's work with the pitchers is a "work in progress" and we will see better pitching as time goes on. Crawford will be just fine. Gonzalez is the real deal. Despite some players who are not big contributors , and you should know who they are by now, they will overcome a bad start and be just fine. There is too much talent on this team. But, this doesn't mean I won't be negative about some issues when I see fit. I am not a "glass is always half full" type of guy. Sorry if my negative posts bother anyone. But I call it as I see it.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]That's why we love you zilla. That and your never failing seriousness about all things baseball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

You don't understand if you do not agree with them you are wrong. Geesh join the privATE forum if you aer so offemded by people who aren't blind followers.

[QUOTE]jim and roy - there is a pvt room for like minded people available on this site, you guys should use it so not to be hassled by those pesky doubting thomases  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

Redsox-11 Glass

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

for the record -  i pick the sox to win 99 and become world series champs...i hope it wasnt just the kool-aid talking

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]for the record -  i pick the sox to win 99 and become world series champs...i hope it wasnt just the kool-aid talking
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]When pike singled you out I said you didn't belong in the same conversation as andrewmitch, bosox1941 and redsox-11. Just saying...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Its just people expressing their frustration. The team was way over hyped this year and look at the results. Its horrible, day in and day out. It reminds me of the giant oil spill in the gulf year and how it just kept gong seemingly unending. 

This season is our oil spill. The players left in scoring position keeps growing. Like todays game. Bases loaded and Papi strike out. Lead off double by Ells and Dustin, Gonzo and Youk can't knock him in.   

When a teams pays its players as much as the Red Sox do and the team is in last place people are going to be upset and post negatively.

No my friend, people are just frustrated.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

[QUOTE]Its just people expressing their frustration. The team was way over hyped this year and look at the results. Its horrible, day in and day out. It reminds me of the giant oil spill in the gulf year and how it just kept gong seemingly unending.  This season is our oil spill. The players left in scoring position keeps growing. Like todays game. Bases loaded and Papi strike out. Lead off double by Ells and Dustin, Gonzo and Youk can't knock him in.    When a teams pays its players as much as the Red Sox do and the team is in last place people are going to be upset and post negatively. No my friend, people are just frustrated.  
    Posted by proftom[/QUOTE]

After awhile here you will notice that the same posters who vent and appear frustrated in bad times are the same ones who act that way in good and neutral times. It is in their genes or temperment to act that way.  You can either tolerate them, humor them, or ignore them since they are not going away. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

"...but Jim's thread is just horsebleep aimed at silencing opinions...as a teacher I cant stand that...imo"                     

georom4 if you are a teacher you had better go back and read the post for if you were my student you'd have failed reading comprehension. BTW I also teach.....
    I never said anyone could not post.
    I never once said anything about silencing anyone opinions.
    I just stated that I was sick and tired of the same old garbage by some on this forum. I'm sick of the folks who have a one track mind.
    That despite being shown how they maybe wrong don't accept another's opinion or facts. I enjoy a good give and take but some like the Francona haters will never alter their opinion even if they win 50 in a row. Cause on the 51st they lost and they want him fired for leaving Okijima in too long.

It is obvious based upon your comments georom4 I can add the inability to comprehend the subject or statement being made to the list.

I also don't have a problem with any poster voicing an opinion and I'm not a bind follower Redsox11.

Thanks Roy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Is it not wise to be honest here?  Can we not say how psyched we are that Theo acquired Adrian and in the same post say that Theo has utterly failed in not bringing in better catching options over the past two seasons?  As a fan, for the sake of the forum should there not be bad and good?

Sections
Shortcuts