I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Re: I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................

While I like jimfromflorida's impulse to be a loyal Sox fan, right now it's pretty hard to defend these guys, especially the hitters. 

The Sox have had two leadoff doubles tonight and couldn't score.  In the first, they had the bases loaded with one out and couldn't score--ditto the 5th.  The leadoff hitter has been on three times, once with a double, and can't get beyond 2d base.  Pedroia tried to bunt twice and got two strikes. 

Last night, two errors and two unearned runs.  Then Jenks stunk it up. 

Right now Pedroia, Youk, and Ortiz look especially weak at the plate. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

j

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

RISP:  0 for 11 tonight.  That pretty much says it all.  Ortiz was the biggest culprit, leaving 5 stranded, but Pedroia was 0 for 4, Gonzalez left 4 stranded, You left 3 stranded, and Crawford, no surprise, went 0 for 3. 

Saltalamacchia went 2 for 4 and caught a good game. 

An excellent game by Lackey and the bullpen, wasted. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this team doesnt deserve any slack - they have failed this month miserably  11-15

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Big floppy? He should never have been retained. He is old and way over the hill. Paying him 12.5 Mil was foolish. That is one thing theo did wrong along with keeping fancona on the payroll.

In Response to Re: I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................:
    RISP:  0 for 11 tonight.  That pretty much says it all.  Ortiz was the biggest culprit, leaving 5 stranded, but Pedroia was 0 for 4, Gonzalez left 4 stranded, You left 3 stranded, and Crawford, no surprise, went 0 for 3.  Saltalamacchia went 2 for 4 and caught a good game.  An excellent game by Lackey and the bullpen, wasted. 
    Posted by M1A2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

After tomorrow it will be 11-16 and another loss to start off May. It's just a matter of time for tito now. I will be surprised if he makes it to the AS break. By then the sox will be done.

In Response to Re: I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................:
    this team doesnt deserve any slack - they have failed this month miserably  11-15
    Posted by georom4

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

meka leka hai meka haini ho...

i see the need for a smaller glass...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to I'm tired of the daily downer posters........................:
    Ever since the season started I have been trying to figure out why I have been staying away from this forum. I figured it out today. It is the same crap every day win or lose. It is the same people saying the same crap every day. It is the same "...it is Francona's fault..." It is the same dump this guy because he suks. It is the same dumb trade ideas. Now it is not everybody but it is a lot of you. Some people have a one track mind and despite the beginning of a thread and how good it starts out some pinhead will ultimately get it derailed to "..it's Francana fault..." or some other similar ongoing dumb idea. It is always they show no emotion. I just remember the Youk is an idiot for showing so much emotion and at the same time Drew being beaten because of not showing enough. It is the they should play small ball more theory by some that comes up despite every expert in MLB saying giving up an out is not a smart move almost all of the time. It is the dire attitude of some fans all the time. Yes they are not playing well but guess what no one is. No team is running away with it. The only team in the AL playing real good is Cleveland and do you really see them staying this good???? I'm just sick of the same crap. BTW if they are only 4 out come Aug 1st I still be a HAPPY RED SOX FAN unlike many here.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Are you kidding me? Did you watch the game tonight? 0 for 11 with RISP. Bases loaded twice with less than  2 outs and no runs. Ellsbury getting doubled off second with a runner in front of him on a ball right into the second baseman's glove.  Ortiz who doesn't even have warning track power. Ortiz, Youk and Crawfork, 1 for 22 with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs for the season.
    Probably getting swept at home to the lowly Mariners.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

POLLYANNA
    [pol-ee-an-uh] 
    –noun
    an excessively or blindly optimistic person.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

This team was dead in ST.  I warned most of you that can not lose 10 straight in ST and expect to turn it around in April.  With new players etc you have to use the last 5 games of ST to learn how to win as a team together.  They did not achieve that in ST and now they have to learn on the job, which is much harder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=26991512220287887d0bb1e23fce7589&plckUserId=26991512220287887d0bb1e23fce7589">
    First: 4/9/2009
    Last: 5/1/2011
    Roy, you dont "respond" to some posters like DR. & Andre? How's that supposed to make you sound?

Let's talk baseball!

This is even more bizarre. This is a message board. Who here responds to everyone and every post? I choose what to respond to who or what interests me, which is the right of everyone. Because some posters never have anything to say that interests me makes me some sort of elitist? Give me a break.

Dr., redsox-11, 1941 are one-trick ponies who post the same thing all the time. I responded to those comments long time ago so I'm not going to waste my time saying the same thing over and over like they do.

GM/softy isn't interested in any kind of discussion. Disagree with him and he reverts to juvenile name-calling that most of us outgrew in middle school. I'll just hang out with some of the middle school kids in my neighborhood if I want to hear that. And just as bad -- I've had posts that basically agreed with him and he twisted the meaning to start some sort argument. He can just argue with himself for all I care.

andrew? THat's a laugh. He put me on ignore and puts anyone on ignore who disagrees with him. I responded on threads to his posts and he ran away because he couldn't handle disagreement. (And I'm the one who doesn't like disagreement?) I've never put anyone on ignore. I'll read many of the posts on this thread. But when it's the same garbage as always, I have no interest responding. How many times does he have to &itch about Drew? It's about as lame as it gets.

andrew is one of the most ridiculous posters on this board. He's negative about 95 percent of the time. If I'm in a bar watching a game, I'm not going to hang out with fans who are constantly negative and ripping the team I'm rooting for. 

I watch baseball and the Red Sox for enjoyment so I'm not going to let those who constantly whine and complain take away that enjoyment. That doesn't mean that fans can't critcize and complain and vent. That's fine. It's healthy -- to a point. Those who do it constantly -- well, I don't have to be scked into their world. And again, if that makes me elitist, so be it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=eef6cdc497efce4a492d263db8008a0e&plckUserId=eef6cdc497efce4a492d263db8008a0e">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 4/30/2011

While I like jimfromflorida's impulse to be a loyal Sox fan, right now it's pretty hard to defend these guys, especially the hitters

Again PLEASE read my first post I did not defend any RS players. Yes I am loyal.However I don't follow blindly.
    There are plenty of things that are done by the RS that I and all others find strange. I just don't belabor the same old ones over and over or beat a dead horse.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Now your talking, most of it is his fault, for NOT managing.

OH and Just to get this Thread back on track ... It Is Francona's Fault !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I have to be honest, I haven't stayed awake at night worrying about it either.

What is nice is not too long ago people who dared speak out against our manager of the year canidate, was jumped all over like flies to a dungpile. It appears now more people are on the anti-francona bandwagon just as some of us stated. I saw this collapse coming end of last season with the way the team was being run. All I heard was injuries, injuries. And I read some wise poster state "What are you going to use as an excuse when they start off poorly next year? Well here is it and many of the francona lovers know they were wrong and a few of us hit it dead on. Bosox 1941 was it coming as did the Baseball_Dr. I wasn't posting then but I did agree with both of them also. So if they still wish to pig pile let it be,but they know deep down inside who was correct and who wasn't! There I spiked the football just like our prez did! 

This team should have been in the post season last year but with the horrible pitching decsions of francona he took us out. Now with new Relief Pitchers he is doing the EXACT same thing and costing the sox game after  game. I know it hurts some of you, but his time has come and I think even he knows his days are numbered, IE the tantrum he threw last night.  

Roy, you dont "respond" to some posters like DR. & Andre? How's that supposed to make you sound?
    Posted by georom4

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

Girardi makes mistakes too but they are just a small fraction of those that Francona makes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

EXACTLY

Girardi makes mistakes too but they are just a small fraction of those that Francona makes.
    Posted by Stengel

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SKI50. Show SKI50's posts

It's OK to be loyal and optimistic even in the face of how the team has been playing but one must face reality. To reach about 95 wins a team needs to play on a pace of 3 wins for every 2 losses. The Red Sox with 18 losses should have 27 wins.  They are 13 wins off that pace.   New York at 18-12 is on pace and Tampa at 18-14 is 3 off the pace.  If the Red Sox play on the 3/2 pace for the next 30 games they get to 32-30 but at 30 losses they should have 45 wins so they remain 13 off the playoff pace.  They have to play better than the playoff pace of 3 wins for every 2 losses for an extended period to gain.  They need to get hot soon and maintain it.  I've seen the posts about the pitching and it has been suspect but if Lackey had given up 1 run in 9 innings they lose.  If Wake gives up 3 runs in 9 innings they lose. This team has more than pitching problems.  We can always hope New York and Tampa nosedive but don't count on it. Let's hope for the hot streak to begin tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

Lots of honesty in your post. I complement you.

Sections
Shortcuts