imagine being an ASTROS fan or advertiser right about now.. 915 915 915, u kiddin me?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: imagine being an ASTROS fan or advertiser right about now.. 915 915 915, u kiddin me?

The attendance figure I got is 25,582. I don't know where you came up with that number?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Re: imagine being an ASTROS fan or advertiser right about now.. 915 915 915, u kiddin me?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

thats in 915 who watched their last game in total! thats the 4th biggest market in the country.. thats a ZERO rating! in fact a n out of state wnba game beat them!

I'm not surprised.  Houston is not a baseball town.  I was there in 1980.  On a late season Saturday night (i.e., there was no Oilers game) I went to a game where the Astrodome was maybe 1/2 full.  The Astros were going for their first division title that year.  If I remember right, they ended tied with the Dodgers at the end of 162 and won the playoff.

Anyway,

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

The attendance figure I got is 25,582. I don't know where you came up with that number?

heard it on dand c headlines frtoday's archive.. were talking about those watching on Tv not atttendance!

My bad. That is an atrocious TV rate

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

yeah it is

but I think a lot of it has to do with the new network

having problems getting local cable co to agree with their terms

while the astros have claimed these numbers to be  wrong

here's a real head shaker from forbes

2013 Houston Astros: Baseball's Worst Team Is The Most Profitable In History

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2013/08/26/2013-houston-astros-baseballs-worst-team-is-most-profitable-in-history/

time will tell but crane, seems likeable enough and seems to have a pretty good plan

U got to like this

Since becoming the owner, he has introduced fan-friendly policies like allowing food and drinks into the ballpark.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Speaking of the Astros, I wanted them to face the Red Sox in 2004.  Beating Clemens and Pettitte in the World Series would have been sweet.   Laughing

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2013/08/26/2013-houston-astros-baseballs-worst-team-is-most-profitable-in-history/

head shaker is right.  i would have never guessed this.  good look....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

yeah it is

but I think a lot of it has to do with the new network

having problems getting local cable co to agree with their terms

time will tell but crane, seems likeable enough and seems to have a pretty good plan

U got to like this

Since becoming the owner, he has introduced fan-friendly policies like allowing food and drinks into the ballpark.

Good policy and I bet other teams follow the trend.  Fenway and many other teams got out of control years back not even allowing fans to bring in water and then having limited water bubblers.

The Rays did all sorts of stuff like that when I lived there. Its either a baseball city or its not because once the allowing of food and free parking go away, so will most of the fair-weather fans. You see what it looks like at the Trop? Thats from just not being in the right market. Tampa needs to move. Houston has been there for a while with a very nice stadium, so they should bounce back once the team starts trending in the right direction.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

The Red Sox are in first and have not been selling out. 

when did the "streak" officially end?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Attendance across MLB is suffering.  The Yankees have started doing groupons. The Red Sox are in first and have not been selling out.  Last night they did a cute gimic which attracted 4,000 fans but the catch was they had to be there before 5:30.

It isn't the right time for the Rays to leave.  I have heard talk about Montreal and that quickly died.

When strong markets like New York and Boston aren't selling out, there are more fair weather fans than one thinks.

I suppose technically they are the same

but do you make a distinction between fair weather fans

that aren't going because of the standings

and those protesting what the FO is doing or more accurately not doing

according 2 this BB is only down about 500 a gm

sox are down 2,700 per game

nyy is down 3500 (I wish / thought it would be  more )

marlins the worse 8k

phillie down 6,900

got 2 love those preseason picks & sales

jays have the biggest increase 4,900

Sections
Shortcuts