Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury

wow this is not shaping up to be a good season for the sox. figures they get a big win and lose a big player. so anyone know when kalish is going to be ready to go lol. i hope the guy they are calling up from AAA gets some playing time as there is no way darnell mcdonald should be starting, he is down right aweful and is brutal defensively

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

The Red Sox management and ownership will not determine when Ellsbury is ready to play again.
    - Softlaw

Evil agent Scott Boras holds the keys in the Red Sox kingdom as to whether or not, and when, Ellsbury returns....Ellsbury has no loyalty to the Bosox in this scenario, and is just another hapless free agent...Forget the fact that the guy gives 100% all the time every day....You KNOW Ellsbury will be back the minute he is medically ready, and if the Bosox are still in it, watch out...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : Good post, ex...And very true....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]
    I take you at your word that you want to see Ellsbury back in the Boston lineup -- but, of course, go 0 for 4 against the Yanks, every game.
    Frankly, I fear that Ellsbury will be gone longer than the range of 6-8 weeks that is being bruited about. ( Also brooded about. ) That young man was really hurt.
    ( I don't remembers Jeter's being in that much pain; but maybe, being a Yankee, he's  tougher and more gallant. ) I'd be inclined to pencil in 8 weeks, given early evidence, and go from there. Then there will be a little rehab time, and a test from there onwards to determine how much that shoulder might cost Ellsbury in power. We'll see.
    What a pity. His numbers look bad but he hasn't looked bad at the plate. His timing has been a tad off but looked to be coming around.
    He's turning into the Rodney Dangerfield of superior players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : He was here first to show faux CONCERN about Ellsbury's injury and its effect on the team that he roots against. Isn't that unusual? Where was the real, genuine Red Sox fan to start such a thread. Do you know what a "Concern Troll" is. Why didn't any other fan in RSN start the thread?   Teilhardian has already lied about many things. He did an about face on his Castro thread. He says that he is a Christian and has a degree  from the Harvard Divinity School and then sided with the atheists and agnostics on the religion thread. He committed himself wrongly on the Martin issue. He is a phony. He comes here to start controversy when he should by passing out blankets and hot soup to the homeless. Another Yankee troll that is fooling all of the suckers on a dying forum. With a supposed degree from Harvard why is he a therapist in a State job in Albany earning peanuts for a living. 100% unadulterated BS.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Assumptions, lies, stupidity....you have all the bases covered Pike.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

If you are right, ex, the rivalry this year will take a hit...Then again the Yankees could lose someone in the next few weeks...Althought I hate hearing the Real Smiley-Beni go on about the Yankee age issues, he is essentially correct. Moon backs it up with some decent projective stats as well...It is way too early to assess because baseball, like sports in general, is so unpredictable...I had a streak of 10 recently on ESPN's Streak For The Cash, and figured I was sitting pretty when I was able to pick the Canucks straight up over the Kings for the home playoff opener in Vancouver for win #11...O well...So much for streaks...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : sorry teilhardian I have been pondering this to long help me out here  I hate hearing the Real Smiley-Beni while I hav very much enjoyed your posts since joining : 2/19/2012 the real silly betty hasn' been around 4 a lot longer than that Moon backs it up with some decent projective stats as well... yeah but they have been doing that 4 yrs
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]
    I suppose, zac...First of all, I was on this site a lot earlier as caseycsw (8/24/2009)...I guess I will always feel like a guest on this forum no matter what...Been a diehard Yankee fan forever, and my best friend in the world is a Bosox fan...Since we don't get together as much as we used to, and both of us have little kids now, I think this forum for me is sometimes like a replacement for that...It is crazy at times when you realize Pike is stalking you and just making stuff up about your personal life (he started this thing about me being a "man of the cloth", for instance, when there was never any basis for what he said....That was just one)...And the Yankees themselves are just an extension of my dad, who passed away some years back...People used to ask me about my parents' religion, and I would say, "Mom is Catholic, and dad is a Yankee fan.." That about sums it up...One of my favorite left-wing existentialists once said the following about his Catholic upbringing, and for me it applies to both my Catholicism and my Yankee-ness: "One gets cured of one's neurosis.  One never gets cured of oneself." (Jean-Paul Sartre, Les Mots,1963)..

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]thanks much teilhardian FWIW   I'm happy to consider you a regular never worry to much about defending yourself vs pike, while U might feel the need there isn't any FWIW 2 if we were on the street when U  said what you said to the yankee trolls with no class on this board I would of said ..........I've got your back 
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]
    Same here, zac...You have always posted with class...And thanks...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : I suppose, zac...First of all, I was on this site a lot earlier as caseycsw (8/24/2009)...I guess I will always feel like a guest on this forum no matter what...Been a diehard Yankee fan forever, and my best friend in the world is a Bosox fan...Since we don't get together as much as we used to, and both of us have little kids now, I think this forum for me is sometimes like a replacement for that...It is crazy at times when you realize Pike is stalking you and just making stuff up about your personal life (he started this thing about me being a "man of the cloth", for instance, when there was never any basis for what he said....That was just one)...And the Yankees themselves .....

Teil, that's because he's not the sharpest tack in the box.  For example, he obviously assumes that everyone with a Degree in Theology becomes a priest.  It's pathetic.

I think he's a bully and a fool at best, whereas you seem to be a decent, reasonable person and are very welcome here....plus you have reached out to him several times even though he doesn't deserve it.

Ignore him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : I suppose, zac...First of all, I was on this site a lot earlier as caseycsw (8/24/2009)...I guess I will always feel like a guest on this forum no matter what...Been a diehard Yankee fan forever, and my best friend in the world is a Bosox fan...Since we don't get together as much as we used to, and both of us have little kids now, I think this forum for me is sometimes like a replacement for that...It is crazy at times when you realize Pike is stalking you and just making stuff up about your personal life ( he started this thing about me being a "man of the cloth", for instance, when there was never any basis for what he said....That was just one )...And the Yankees themselves ..... Teil, that's because he's not the sharpest tack in the box.  For example, he obviously assumes that everyone with a Degree in Theology becomes a priest.  It's pathetic. I think he's a bully and a fool at best, whereas you seem to be a decent, reasonable person and are very welcome here....plus you have reached out to him several times even though he doesn't deserve it. Ignore him.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Thanks, chilli..I always enjoy your posts..And he does get under my skin sometimes, so I value the comments...When you come home from what I do on a daily basis, you sometimes have no more patience for further doses of dysfunction...That is why I am blessed by an Irish wife and 2 great kids who treat me like a king...And the comments made by you and zac are deeply appreciated....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Today is the last test in this very early season.  If Buck throws a gem you keep plugging away.  If he pithces like his last start it's time to go into rebuild mode and hope that management isn't afraid to start gutting the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

So I just read that Ells has a partial dislocation pf his shoulder which probably means no soft tissue damage. In that case 6 - 8 weeks is probably a reasonable projection. Certainly the best case scenario as far as the Sox are concerned. And I wouldn't worry about pike too much teil I have a feeling his 6k42lt913c moniker gets banned very soon. BTW did you know that he had me pegged as a Yankee fan for the longest time, simply because I get along with many of the Yankee fans here?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

That's good news for the Bosox and good news for the  rivalry...And thanks for the comments carnie...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Nice comeback win. Aceves looked sharp in the 9th, I love beating Maddon after those comments he made at the end of the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]Nice comeback win. Aceves looked sharp in the 9th, I love beating Maddon after those comments he made at the end of the season.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    Indeed. Huge win for the Bosox, AL34, especially in the face of the Ellsbury injury...Does not look like anybody is laying down on this team....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : Indeed. Huge win for the Bosox, AL34, especially in the face of the Ellsbury injury...Does not look like anybody is laying down on this team....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]I think the Sox have enough bats even without Ells getting things started. Pitching will be the question for this club I think.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : I think the Sox have enough bats even without Ells getting things started. Pitching will be the question for this club I think.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely, monsieur...But this Morales looks awfully good...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : Absolutely, monsieur...But this Morales looks awfully good...
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]He was throwing some heat in the 8th wasn't he? Apparently his problem in Colorado was control. If he can put the ball in the strike zone I think he can be a very effective reliever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Nice comeback win. Aceves looked sharp in the 9th, I love beating Maddon after those comments he made at the end of the season.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

What did Maddon say?  Not that I need another reason to hate that entire organization. 

People call Maddon a great manager (like Remy) but do you recall in 2006 when he was throwing at Ortiz's head repeatedly (even Remy called Maddon a "joke" or something to that effect and now he's a great manager?)........anyways, I will consider the season a success if only we can just turn things around on the Rays.....so far, so good.....we're going for the sweep now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : What did Maddon say?  Not that I need another reason to hate that entire organization.  People call Maddon a great manager (like Remy) but do you recall in 2006 when he was throwing at Ortiz's head repeatedly (even Remy called Maddon a "joke" or something to that effect and now he's a great manager?)........anyways, I will consider the season a success if only we can just turn things around on the Rays.....so far, so good.....we're going for the sweep now.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    I might hate the Rays now more than the Red Sox, mitch....Maybe because I still fear them more...But I do like the BEATING the Bosox are putting on their supposed untouchable pitching....Not sure about those comments though...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Wow, this thread makes it easy to see who the Yankee trolls are!!  It appears that there are quite a few posters here crying crockidile tears over Ells injury, and it's pretty easy to see who they are. 

Now, trying to put the best possible spin on this injury, could this work out to be in the best interest of the Sox in the long run?  What are the chances that some teams might see him as being injury-prone now and reduce the amount of their offers to him, making it more feasable for the Sox to keep him?

Am I grasping at straws?  :-))

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Oops.  I apologize for kinda-sorta repeating what Bill said in another thread.  Ya see, I've now gotten to the point where, when I see something in boldface print, my eyes move to the next post because I know there's nothing worth reading there.  It was only after I got done reading everything I thought might be of interest did I notice Bill's thread.  :-(

24. This post has been removed.