Importance of Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Importance of Ellsbury

In Response to Re: Importance of Ellsbury:
    [QUOTE]Did Ellsbury run over your dog or something???
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

He said he doesn't have a dog.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

....anymore

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

This should go over rather large with a certain poster

Ellsbury named AL player of the week

Sorry Yaz I couldn't help my self.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't see him "driving the ball" in the 2nd half of 2009.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]
    Maybe this will refresh your memory. 

2009 - Ellsbury's OPS: 

April - .671
    May - .730
    June - .879
    July - .810
    August - .748

He started slow but increased his slugging and pop as the year went along. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

A LONG time ago I and others here projected Ellsbury as having an outstanding career path, similar to Damon's except Damon reached the majors 2 years earlier. Ellsbury is having a normal career projection for the tools and make up he has. Everything he is doing now could easily be projected 3 years ago. 

Since he started 2 years after Damon, and then lost another year to injury, Ellsbury will probably not have Damon's career numbers but he will be a similar player in his prime, as we are seeing right now.

Some people just didn't get it and we all know who he is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

In 2009, since when is 8 homers, all season, and a .415 slugging "driving the ball"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Ellsbury is playing great ball.  Most of us are happy about that.

If the Sox make it to the playoffs, and far into them, he will be a good reason for it.  Not the only reason, but a good one.

He's an exciting player to watch and if this year is above his average, I'll take it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

AGon and Ortiz are the players who carry the offense. As they go, so goes the Red Sox offense. AGon and Ortiz are exciting to watch. The Red Sox have Crawford and 20M for excitement, for many years to come. His OBP is rising and is now in the high .200's.

Looking forward to better CF defense and better hitting against LHP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In 2009, since when is 8 homers, all season, and a .415 slugging "driving the ball"?

I believe I said "Started to drive the ball."

He hit 1 HR in the first 2 months of the 2009 season and 7 in the remaining months. He started to drive the ball after the first few months of the season.

Many years ago I talked to an educational tester at a prestigious grade school. I asked him how he knew a 4 year old kid was going to succeed in a challenging environment. One of the things he looked for was to see if they completed their circles when writing a zero. My point is that observational precision is a sign of intelligence. Fully forming a circle was a sign of observational precision. When I say "Started driving the ball" it doesn't mean "driving the ball". Please attempt to keep up. I know your little legs are running as fast as they can but ramp up the effort ok.

He started to make the transition then, into the player he is now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Ellsbury has 33 rbi's.  I'd say he's contributing to the offense.  Carrying it?  No.

But that's not his job.

I think this entire team is exciting to watch.  If you want to only watch two guys, go ahead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

He's the same player now that he was then. It's early June.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

It's mid June.  Even better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And still he has no dog.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

No, it's early June. Mid June is June 15. I have a dog who would eat your cat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Really? I thought you said you didn't own a dog or a cat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nice name for a dog.
    I see she takes after her owner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]No, it's early June. Mid June is June 15. I have a dog who would eat your cat.

less than 24 hrs away?? picking nits arent we?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]Did DiceK steal your boyfriend?

Was this directed at me?  

If it was then what does Dice-K or my sexuality have to do with Jacoby Ellsbury?

Jacoby Ellsbury is an electric player that fans love.  In the end many forget that this is a game, and it's not all about the stats but Jacoby is progressively taking that argument away from you as well.  Seems you are alone in your dislike for Ellsbury which is why I suggested maybe he "ran over your dog"  I was poking a little fun and didn't mean to hurt your feelings....but I think taking up the issue of someone's sexuality might be taking the issue a bit too far and offtopic. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

So today is early June and all of a sudden tomorrow is mid June?  Wow, anything to be right for Softy.  What a tool.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Can't driving the ball be hitting the ball with authority.  It doesn't have to be a ton of HR's.  Based on the numbers he will end up with 16 to 20 dingers which is what I thought he would get.  Any more than that would be a surprise and not what the team needs from him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Funny thing, stats.  The Yankees lead the AL in dingers with 17 more than the Sox, but the Sox lead the AL with 16 more doubles than the #2 and over 40 more than the Yankees.  AGon leads the AL in doubles, and the #2 is, wait for it, Ellsbury. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

thats it red/GM/Softy..resort to name-calling and insinuating someone is gay on here because they, and pretty much everyone, doesnt agree with you..Your little "hate" act for some players is tolerable and laughable, but it looks like your mental issues and insecurity have caused you to cross the line and probably be banned yet again...good job..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

How come so many people are concerned about Ellsbury in 2014, 2015...Let's take the kid in 2011 and let him lead the way. Hell, he's part Indian, he is a warrior!!!! Go Jacoby!!!!!! Comeback Player of the Year!!!!! Go B's!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]In 2009, since when is 8 homers, all season, and a .415 slugging "driving the ball"?

year 2011,just named player of the week!