In All Seriousness, Everyone Stay Safe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In All Seriousness, Everyone Stay Safe

Even you New Yorkers.
    Lets hope she contiues to die quicker than predicted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Re: In All Seriousness, Everyone Stay Safe

Where I live in Va, a man was killed walking around his property when a tree limb crushed him, another died installing plywood, suffering a heart attack. Yesterday a 22 year-old drowned, surfing in waist deep water, respect the weather folks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Well she seems to be dying a bit. Just in time too (except for the poor people of the Carolinas). Hope she keeps diminishing to the point where tomorrow is just a nice breeezy day. But thats hoping for a lot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I was in four hurricanes in 2004 and the one thing that stands out is boredom. We had a lot of rain and winds and the power went out at night so it got pretty boring.

Got the power back on two of them within a day, but it was three to five days on the other two. So it was boring at night w/o power.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

The darn news media here in Philly is doing all day coverage. It stinks. Enough already! There have been reports of tornadoes spoutin up. I'm bored. It's worse then a snow storm. Yesterday I walked into the supermarket to get a few things. I walked right out 20 deep in line. Mostly people with bottled water.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

When I was listening to the Sox game today, during one of the rain delays on the radio they were talking about the path.  The eye is going to pass right over my hometown tomorrow at 11. 

I got everything I needed on Wed, but I just got home an hour ago because I had to pick my brother up at work.  He works at stop and shop, and he's supposed to work tomorrow as well.

People don't realize that the cashiers, gas attendants, and waiters drive home in the worst of weather because we irresponsibly go out at the last minute. 

Gas station ran out of gas, Hardware store ran out of batteries when I was there.  A truck with a shipment was coming in, when the employee came in with a cart of batteries they were gone before he could get them on the shelves.  (I was picking up a tile adhesive)

I think as long as we all stay in inside and off the roads we will be ok, this storm will have more flooding than anything.....so good luck with your basements!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: In All Seriousness, Everyone Stay Safe:
    [QUOTE]The darn news media here in Philly is doing all day coverage. It stinks. Enough already! There have been reports of tornadoes spoutin up. I'm bored. It's worse then a snow storm. Yesterday I walked into the supermarket to get a few things. I walked right out 20 deep in line. Mostly people with bottled water.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE] hey jay, it's the same here in NY, even WCBS880 in order to have all day coverage has moved their Yankee radio broadcast of this doubleheader to WFAN...guess it works because the Mets/Braves game was already scrapped for today..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from <**The-Babe**>. Show <**The-Babe**>'s posts

Hope everyone made it through safely....even jbay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Things good here in BK.  Still the tail of the storm to come through I guess.  But the Space fam, and from what I can tell walking around this morning, all fams around here, are biz as usual.  Flooding not as bad as I expected.  We are just on the edge of a potential flood zone by the gowanus canal.  But, no significant damage.  Hope Irene continues to gently pass over all of you to the north. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The storm itself wasn't nearly as bad as today; pretty much everything and anything that is waterlogged is coming down as I write this (I'm about forty minutes upstate from the City).

Winds weren't as bad as they might've been, but again watch yourselves the day after.  Scary ****.

Weather is mostly cleared up by now; occasional bursts of wind, some sprinkles of rain.  Lots of lines down, lots of folks without power. 

Good luck all; sounds like it's not as nasty as it was last night.  Be well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Nightmare in my neighborhood, Army Corp of Engineers arriving now:

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2377212792520&set=a.2284120745277.2133669.1316618425&type=1&ref=nf" title="Devastation from the east coast earthquake. Aug 23, 2011." class="uiPhotoThumb UIImageBlock_Image UIImageBlock_MED_Image">

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: In All Seriousness, Everyone Stay Safe:
    [QUOTE] Where I live in Va, a man was killed walking around his property when a tree limb crushed him, another died installing plywood, suffering a heart attack. Yesterday a 22 year-old drowned, surfing in waist deep water, respect the weather folks.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]
    Also an 11-year-old died when a tree crashed into his house. Very sad.