In defense of Bill-806

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In defense of Bill-806

No one asked Bill his views on the DH situation or what advise he had for the GM when he served his country in the Navy.Bill-806 served for the same reason millions of other unselfish individuals served over the last 200 years-loyalty and love of country. And Bill-806 defended this country so we all have a right to express our feelings without harsh censorship. In addition, Bill-806 brings to this forum something that is missing without him-wit and humor. He also brings to this forum, unbridled loyalty to the Red Sox; he wants the Red Sox to win a championship like all true Red Sox fans. Bill-806 wants the best 25 man roster on the field. He doesn't care about management worrying about a rookie brought up too soon that his free agency clock starts running too soon; and he finds it troublesome that management rewards a past his prime injured DH for past performance. However, there are individuals on this forum that are hypocrites and shallow individuals. They'll make their own clownish, nonsensical threads and think they've created a brilliant masterpiece of literature or say something inane in their posts. Also their main contribution to this forum is to attack other posters for no other reason than the fact that they are  adult bullies. Shame on them.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: In defense of Bill-806

Get a grip Edith.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Get a grip Edith.

Carnie-prime example:
    However, there are individuals on this forum that are hypocrites and shallow individuals. They'll make their own clownish, nonsensical threads and think they've created a brilliant masterpiece of literature or say something inane in their posts. Also their main contribution to this forum is to attack other posters for no other reason than the fact that they are adult bullies. Shame on them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

No one asked Bill his views on the DH situation or what advise he had for the GM when he served his country in the Navy.Bill-806 served for the same reason millions of other unselfish individuals served over the last 200 years-loyalty and love of country. And Bill-806 defended this country so we all have a right to express our feelings without harsh censorship. In addition, Bill-806 brings to this forum something that is missing without him-wit and humor. He also brings to this forum, unbridled loyalty to the Red Sox; he wants the Red Sox to win a championship like all true Red Sox fans. Bill-806 wants the best 25 man roster on the field. He doesn't care about management worrying about a rookie brought up too soon that his free agency clock starts running too soon; and he finds it troublesome that management rewards a past his prime injured DH for past performance. However, there are individuals on this forum that are hypocrites and shallow individuals. They'll make their own clownish, nonsensical threads and think they've created a brilliant masterpiece of literature or say something inane in their posts. Also their main contribution to this forum is to attack other posters for no other reason than the fact that they are  adult bullies. Shame on them.

Another one that doesn't get it...

It's not the content of Bill's posts that are the problem.

It's the 4-5 threads per day, repeating the same thing, over, and over, and over.

They push other threads off the front page.

If his threads are ignored, he bumps them.

If Bill ever gets his unhealthy need for attention under control, I hope he comes back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Get a grip Edith.

Carnie-prime example:
    However, there are individuals on this forum that are hypocrites and shallow individuals. They'll make their own clownish, nonsensical threads and think they've created a brilliant masterpiece of literature or say something inane in their posts. Also their main contribution to this forum is to attack other posters for no other reason than the fact that they are adult bullies. Shame on them.

And calling people lib/left/soc/rad/moonbats or saying "nothing good comes out of ole mexico" aren't attacks? And then there's you, following RedSoxDOrtiz around the forum reposting 5 year old comments until he finally left the forum. Not to mention your dozen takeoffs of EnchiladaT's user name. Pot meet kettle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Crickets...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I like Bill and have always had a cordial and pleasant cyber-friendship with him here on this esteemed board.  He doesn't take himself too seriously and doesn't expect people to take him seriously, so what is to take seriousy.

That being said, Bill, if you are out there and not licking your wounds over a sixer of Gansetts, the reasons for all the vitriol directed your way of late are two:

1. You post the same exact thing over and over (its not what you are saying, it is the redundant annoying way in which you keep saying it again and again and again)

2. You DO actually attack politically.  Its a real wolf in sheeps clothing act.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Bill's former job is not an issue.  The only real issue is his constant anti-social behavior here.  The absurdly large number of posts he makes, usually on the same subject, pushing other posts off the front page.  His constant bumping of his own posts.  His never ending political digs.  His lowel-level, but constant digs at others (t-ballers, lib/soc/rad).  

Look at the diversity of the posters with issues about the guy's posting....it covers the entire spectrum.  The issue is Bill's awful behaviour, no more, no less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Another point worth mentioning is that a few years ago when Bill was threatened with expulsion from the forum by the BDC due to his ALL CAPS writing (due, apparently, to vision problems) many people including myself leapt to his defense, joining the thread and contacting the BDC offline to complain.

His behaviour changed dramatically after that, going from the poster you claim he is before the incident to the poster we claim he is after the incident.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I like Bill and have always had a cordial and pleasant cyber-friendship with him here on this esteemed board.  He doesn't take himself too seriously and doesn't expect people to take him seriously, so what is to take seriousy.

That being said, Bill, if you are out there and not licking your wounds over a sixer of Gansetts, the reasons for all the vitriol directed your way of late are two:

1. You post the same exact thing over and over (its not what you are saying, it is the redundant annoying way in which you keep saying it again and again and again)

2. You DO actually attack politically.  Its a real wolf in sheeps clothing act.

Good post -- epsecially the bold point.

I used to defend bill and thought he was good for the board. But ever since September 2011, he's gone off the deep end.

And the OP, I have more issues with this defense of Bill:

Loyal fan? The way he turns on players -- heck, even the team -- at the first sign of trouble doesn't spell loyal fan to me. A loyal fan sticks with the team in good times and bad.

And he finds it troublesome that management rewards a past his prime injured DH for past performance: OK fine. But considering that Ortiz had the third-best OPS of his career before he got hurt kind of puts credibility issues on the past his prime comment, especially considering that Ortiz was in great shape last year by all accounts and hasn't really been injury prone in his career. His only other injury was a wrist injury.

Best 25 guys on the field: Again fine, but he's all over the map with this one. He was obnoxious in his posts that Rubby should be on the team this year after one or two outings. Rubby has got knocked around his last two outings -- hmm, bill has suddenly gone quiet. Maybe those of us who have said Rubby might not be ready yet are on to something. One thing Bill has NEVER grasped is that the best 25 guys on the field and the 25 guys with the most potential isn't the same thing. Matt Barnes or some other minor leaguer might have the best potential of any guy on the team, but that doesn't mean he's ready now. Bill just goes with which way the wind is blowing.

He doesn't care about management worrying about a rookie brought up too soon that his free agency clock starts running too soon: OK, fine, but that's how a 12-year-old thinks -- they only think in the moment. In the real world, I want a GM who not only thinks short term but also thinks in the long term and tries to balance the two needs. For instance, I've heard that if Bradley stays in the minors until the end of April then comes up, the Red Sox get that extra year with him before free agency. If that's the case, then keep in down until May. The long term gain of the extra year outweights the short term gain of having him for 20-something games in April. Isn't that is what's wrong with the country today in both business and politics -- too many thinking of the short team and not enough thinking of the long-term consequences? It's not a fault to have a GM who tries to balance short term and long term. In fact, isn't that the reason the Sox got into this mess. They started thinking of the short term splash, rather than the long term consquences. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Let u™s get this right. Bill-806 gave several years of his life to serve this wonderful country. And one of our precious constitutional rights in this land is freedom of speech . But some self-appointed censors do not like what Bill-806 says. They have the right to press the ignore button but that would be too easy. They rather attack Bill-806 daily. Since there is no rule on this forum for multi-posting, they have taken it upon themselves to decide what is proper and improper. They want to sanitize this public forum.

But great thing about being a Red Sox fan is that you do not have to have read Bill James' statistical analyst, or the latest scouting reports. Actually there are no qualifications to be part of the Nation. You can be a casual observer or a die-heart follower. And you can live in any part of the world. And once February comes, conversation about our beloved team is as common as a discussion about the weather. So like noses, everyone has an opinion about this team.

The problem I observed is that some individual take others' comments too seriously. They want statistics and facts and logic. Well sometimes you just do not worry about all the nuances of baseball. You just rely on observation. How many times were we told by the experts that this prospect was going to be the next Mickey Mantle or Sandy Koufax. And then we see this rookie come up to the big leagues just for a cup of coffee.

So yes we all have our different opinions. Some of them our gut feelings. Some of us don't worry about things like " do not bring this player up because his free agency clock will start to run".

So what I am  trying to say is we have to lighten up. Remember that no one knows the future. No one is 100% correct in their predictions. No one knows exactly what the best 25 man squad should be. We all have our opinion. Some of us can back it up with stats and others have only a  gut feeling. But my wish is that we're all respectful and open-minded and I hope this forum is large enough to allow all baseball fans to express their opinions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Let’s get this right. Bill-806 gave several years of his life to serve this wonderful country. And one of our precious constitutional rights in this land is freedom of speech . But some self-appointed censors do not like what Bill-806 says. They have the right to press the ignore button but that would be too easy. They rather attack Bill-806 daily. Since there is no rule on this forum for multi-posting, they have taken it upon themselves to decide what is proper and improper. They want to sanitize this public forum.

But great thing about being a Red Sox fan is that you don’t have to have read Bill James’ statistical analyst, or the latest scouting reports. Actually there are no qualifications to be part of the Nation. You can be a casual observer or a die-heart follower. And you can live in any part of the world. And once February comes, conversation about our beloved team is as common as a discussion about the weather. So like noses, everyone has an opinion about this team.

The problem I observed is that some individual take others’ comments to seriously. They want statistics and facts and logic. Well sometimes you just don’t worry about all the nuances of baseball. You just rely on observation. How many times were we told by the experts that this prospect was going to be the next Mickey Mantle or Sandy Koufax. And then we see this rookie come up to the big leagues just for a cup of coffee.

So yes we all have our different opinions. Some of them our gut feelings. Some of us don’t worry about things like “ don’t bring this player up because his free agency clock will start to run”.

So what I’m trying to say is we have to lighten up. Remember that no one knows the future. No one is 100% correct in their predictions. No one knows exactly what the best 25 man squad should be. We all have our opinion. Some of us can back it up with stats and others have “only “gut feelings”. But my wish is that we’re all respectful and open-minded and I hope this forum is large enough to allow all baseball fans to express their opinions.

Still don't get it?

Did you use the ignore button on every reply here?

One more time: it's not Bill's idea's we have a problem with.

It's the repetitive nature of his posting and his insulting political analogies.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Let’s get this right. Bill-806 gave several years of his life to serve this wonderful country. And one of our precious constitutional rights in this land is freedom of speech . But some self-appointed censors do not like what Bill-806 says. They have the right to press the ignore button but that would be too easy. They rather attack Bill-806 daily. Since there is no rule on this forum for multi-posting, they have taken it upon themselves to decide what is proper and improper. They want to sanitize this public forum.

But great thing about being a Red Sox fan is that you don’t have to have read Bill James’ statistical analyst, or the latest scouting reports. Actually there are no qualifications to be part of the Nation. You can be a casual observer or a die-heart follower. And you can live in any part of the world. And once February comes, conversation about our beloved team is as common as a discussion about the weather. So like noses, everyone has an opinion about this team.

The problem I observed is that some individual take others’ comments to seriously. They want statistics and facts and logic. Well sometimes you just don’t worry about all the nuances of baseball. You just rely on observation. How many times were we told by the experts that this prospect was going to be the next Mickey Mantle or Sandy Koufax. And then we see this rookie come up to the big leagues just for a cup of coffee.

So yes we all have our different opinions. Some of them our gut feelings. Some of us don’t worry about things like “ don’t bring this player up because his free agency clock will start to run”.

So what I’m trying to say is we have to lighten up. Remember that no one knows the future. No one is 100% correct in their predictions. No one knows exactly what the best 25 man squad should be. We all have our opinion. Some of us can back it up with stats and others have “only “gut feelings”. But my wish is that we’re all respectful and open-minded and I hope this forum is large enough to allow all baseball fans to express their opinions.

Still don't get it?

It's the repetitive nature of his posting and his insulting political analogies.

You have a right to ignore him. You aren't paid to censure him. You expressed your disapproval of his posts on numerous and I mean numerous occasions to the the point of being tiredly redundant. To stifle Bill-806 and drive him away from this forum is very callous of you. Yes I do get your point over and over again. Don't be so self-righteous. Take a good look in the mirror; there are other viewpoints in this world we may not like but this forum should have a big enough umbrella to allow all baseball fans to join in the great world of Red Sox baseball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Why is thread even happening?  It's a baseball forum....not a forum about the posters.  Yes I know...the posters here make this a great place......but he did not...the great posters here called him out.  He did the right thing and he's gone.  We policed ourselves, I say Kudos to all of us.

ADIOS!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Still don't get it?

You have a right to ignore him. You aren't paid to censure him. You expressed your disapproval of his posts on numerous and I mean numerous occasions to the the point of being tiredly redundant. To stifle Bill-806 and drive him away from this forum is very callous of you. Yes I do get your point over and over again. Don't be so self-righteous. Take a good look in the mirror; there are other viewpoints in this world we may not like but this forum should have a big enough umbrella to allow all baseball fans to join in the great world of Red Sox baseball.

And what does ignoring him do for the problem of his multiple threads pushing other threads off the board?

Not a thing.

I'm willing to compromise. Is Bill?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Did I miss something?  Did Billy get banned?  or..  Take his bat & ball and go home?

Does anybody care?

The biggest problem with Bill is his obsessive need to kiss up to his idol Stiffy.  Because they are socio-politically aligned, Bill spends 24/7 seeking to affirm the soft one.  It's actually more pathetic than annoying.  Still, who cares?  Stiffy and Billy-69's ego-maniacally starting 20 new threads a day is more annoying than anything.  Don't read them.  But we do....  Bump the ones you like back up.  The guy is nothing more than a teenage boy with a boy crush w/ the stiffy. 

Why the defense?  Was he banned?  The most annoying thing about this board is the obsessive compulsive cries to ban this guy or that, and the "this post has been removed" madness.  Those who need big brother to protect them from things they can't help themselves from reading is simply pathetic.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Let me ask you this, this is not the first post that you've had to make saying "In defense of Bill-806" .... have you had to make posts with similar topics around other individuals? 

I value Bill's service to our country, it is for similar reasons I gave up many years of my life to serve in a similar capacity.  I too have very little issue with WHAT Bill says about sports.. he is entitled to his opinion on anything he chooses... I don't always agree with him but cest la vie.  I do, however, take issue with his repetetive posts as others have mentioned as well as his constant need to attack people personally in regards to their political leanings... this is a sports forum, if he wants to bring politics into discussions, there are other forums he can express his displeasure in. 

Thanks,
    Dennis

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Did I miss something?  Did Billy get banned?  or..  Take his bat & ball and go home?

Does anybody care?

The biggest problem with Bill is his obsessive need to kiss up to his idol Stiffy.  Because they are socio-politically aligned, Bill spends 24/7 seeking to affirm the soft one.  It's actually more pathetic than annoying.  Still, who cares?  Stiffy and Billy-69's ego-maniacally starting 20 new threads a day is more annoying than anything.  Don't read them.  But we do....  Bump the ones you like back up.  The guy is nothing more than a teenage boy with a boy crush w/ the stiffy. 

Why the defense?  Was he banned?  The most annoying thing about this board is the obsessive compulsive cries to ban this guy or that, and the "this post has been removed" madness.  Those who need big brother to protect them from things they can't help themselves from reading is simply pathetic.   

He took his tee and ball and went home. Apparently he couldn't stand the heat and got out of the kitchen.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If Bill indeed served his country, he has my respect for that. However, it doesn't make him immune from the heat his posts often invite.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

The problem I observed is that some individual take others' comments too seriously. They want statistics and facts and logic.

god forbid!

how unreasonable of us to suggest someone use a shred of logic when posting..

Sections
Shortcuts