In defense of Bill-806

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: In defense of Bill-806

In response to FajitaT's comment:

I don't like you.

Whatever .... Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Awesome thread.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

It is common knowledge that the DR has pretty high crime rates compared to other nations:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/16/3454853/military-takes-to-the-streets.html

Street crime and a rising murder rates have become the No. 1 concern for residents, according to polls.

In the past 20 years, the murder rate has nearly doubled to 25 homicides per 100,000 residents, a rate more than five times higher that of the United States. Robberies and thefts have also increased.

In recent months, motorcycle-riding thieves, working in tandem, have carried out brazen armed attacks at busy intersections, robbing drivers and passengers of the ubiquitous private shared taxis. The crimes prompted the U.S. Embassy to warn citizens and visitors to “exercise extreme caution.”

Citizens and elected officials have called for any means necessary, including using the armed forces, to improve safety.

As a result, camouflaged soldiers, wielding machine guns, are walking the sidewalks of residential neighborhoods, standing by at busy intersections and stationed at a makeshift camp in the middle of a popular public park.

“I’m in favor of having the soldiers here because the criminality is reaching a point where something needs to be done,” said Máximo Jiménez Mella, 47, who added that two family members have been mugged in the past year. “Obviously, the police alone are not enough.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/16/3454853/military-takes-to-the-streets.html#storylink=cpy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As DAD would say ..............  "SON, a good offense, beats a good DEFENSE anyday" !!!!

...and no doubting that you are extremely offensive.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

btw - i have visited the DR as well.  i spent a week there back in 2003.  enjoyed my time there very much and the locals we encountered were nothing but friendly and hospitable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

btw - i have visited the DR as well.  i spent a week there back in 2003.  enjoyed my time there very much and the locals we encountered were nothing but friendly and hospitable.

Same here. I loved the DR.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

I also love the Dominican Republic.   Laughing

I usually visit in December (when the winter baseball league begins).  

Every Tuesday and Thursday, Air Havana flies from Santo Domingo to Havana, Cuba. Quite a few Americans take a risk and travel to Cuba despite the embargo.  I visited Cuba once and the hotels and food were not as good as the DR.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Is this the thread where the top poster will finally be named?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As DAD would say ..............  "SON, a good offense, beats a good DEFENSE anyday" !!!!

No it doesn't.  Unless you count pitching as offense. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bill's defence is worse than Jeter's will be this year.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts