In Defense of Wakefield (An Objective Point of View)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: In Defense of Wakefield (An Objective Point of View)

More lies.

I have never said I wanted Wake to pitch more years.
    I don't really even like Wake. He's not even close to my favorite player.
    He never was.
    I am only defending our team's players aainst senseless abusive bashing, led mainly by you and some Yankee trolls.

Never.

Ever.

Your lies never cease.

As for VTek: I was against his signing after he rejected arb.

I have never said he should be the FT catcher since 2008.

Never.

Ever.

Get your facts straight just once softy...just once.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I was for re-signing Tek.
    And the fact he hasn't hit much never swayed my stance.
    Not once.

As for Wake, I think he's a throwback in this age of baseball greed.
    As a fan, I enjoy watching him pitch more so than anybody else.
    I hope the fkr pitches until he's 60!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wasfor re-signing Tek.
    And the fact he hasn't hit much never swayed my stance.
    Not once.

I was more against the amount of money not the actual signing. I think Theo felt sorry for Tek about losing millions for listening to Bora$$.

Later, you opened my eyes to the CERA-related issue and I changed my opinion. Softy acts like I have been a Tek groupie since his college days.

As for Wake, I think he's a throwback in this age of baseball greed.

You'd think not having an agent and playing for less than market value for many years would make softy love this guy.

As a fan, I enjoy watching him pitch more so than anybody else.

I threw a knuckleball in softball, so I have an interest in his style of pitching, but have never really felt any kind of connection to him as a player or a person.  He's had avery good career and I am happy he has been on the Sox, but I just never have felt he was one of my favorites.

I know that may seemstrange to some people, because I have spent pages and pages defending him vs bashers and haters, but it's true.

I hope the fkr pitches until he's 60!

I wouldn't mind, but I never really think about wanting him to picther more and more. If he keeps doing well..H3LL Yeah! But, I feel that way about all of our players.

Take Drew for example, I have been critical of Drew at times and still think theo bid against a ghost to overpay for him, but when people start bashing him for lack of RBIs or whatevr, I am there to defend him. The guy is probably near the bottom of my list of 25 current Sox favorite players,but when people spout lies and hatred, I will be there to defend our players. That doesn't mean it's not OK to be critical of our players, but just get the facts straight if you do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I think it's admirable that you come to the defense of these players.
    Says much about the type of fan you are...and the type of fan Softy isn't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If people started saying Wake was the best starter on the team and used cherry-picked stats to "prove" it, I'd be just as adamant in showing they are wrong as I am in showing softy wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

hope the fkr pitches until he's 60!

Trust me, he'll be on welfare with you before he turns 60, a few years from now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Wakefield is the worst pitcher on the team, despite "it's not fair to use after the surgery" pleas and one month snipets of the old mop bucket.

He who laughs last, laughs best. Wakefield has not business on this active roster, and time will show exactly what it showed in 2010. Wakefield is nothing more than the good ole boy that the Red Sox management has frequently given a long retirement leash.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You've used the injury banner to defend Oki, Dice, Papi and other non-good ole boys, but you never allow for injury adjustments for Wake, Jake and Jed.

Keep the goalposts in one place for once.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Hey Jessy,
    one of the best posts I have ever read. you are a true fan of the game of baseball and I applaud you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Wake is retiring. (jesseyeic)

I think he will too. However, if he has a good season and wants to continue, I'd welcome him back with open arms.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to In Defense of Wakefield (An Objective Point of View):
    [QUOTE]Since I don't live in the N.E. area, I do not know if this forum is a true representation of RSN. I have read all season, without commenting, some of the hatred that is aimed at Wake by some here and I honestly do not understand. How many teams in this league can lose a starter for a game or two and have the ability to go to their pen and have a player who has almost 200 career wins come in and give the team the confidence that Wake can? What more can a team want or ask for from the 11th or 12 arm on the team? He started a game and gave the Sox 5 + innings of outstanding pitching against a team who won the first two games of the series and had perhaps the best pitcher in the AL going for them. He righted a ship that was drifting and gave you the chance to win and end the weekend with a good, positive feeling as you enter into May. Now I know there are fans like this all over, especially in NY. But as a Yankee fan, if the Yanks did not allow Posada to end his career with all the respct due him, I would be upset. Even if JP only bats .200 for the year, he deserves whatever chances he is given considering his legacy. And I think Wakefield deserves the same exact respect from ownership and the fans. For those of you in RSN who were screaming for the release of Wake - wear your Pink H at proudly, because you sure as sh*t no nothing about baseball and what it means to be a proud, professional athlete like Wake. If Wake doesn't give the Sox one more win this season, his performance today alone has justified his still being part of the Sox. Let him end the year and retire with dignity and grace. If the Sox do not make the post season in 2011, it is  not going to be because of Wakefield.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Great post. THis is why you're more respected and welcomed on this board than some so-called Red Sox fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Jessey retired before Wake!
    Damn shame.