In my many years here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In my many years here

I have never seen so many posts deleted. Makes me actually wonder how much time I have spent reading and answering some folks drivel?

also makes me wonder what stupidity I am missing from so many!!!:0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: In my many years here

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I have never seen so many posts deleted. Makes me actually wonder how much time I have spent reading and answering some folks drivel?

This post should be delted

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I don't know if  that many more are being deleted, jim. Now say theyve been, which brings attention to it, as before they were just eliminated, altogether. Regardless, the more moderating the better, IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I suppose when you come to a free site, you are subject to post at the discretion of the author. However, the limiting of speech can be a slippery slope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

when you create an account you have to accept the terms of service, if you read it you will find:

"3.3 You acknowledge that any submissions you make to the Services (i.e., user-generated content including but not limited to: comments, forum messages, reviews, text, video, audio and photographs, as well as computer code and applications) (each, a "Submission") may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by The Boston Globe and you waive any rights you may have in having the material altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. Submissions made to the Services may also be included in our RSS feeds, APIs and made available for republishing through other formats."

if they remove something you don't like, deal with it. Their house, their rules.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Seriously that is what you have to offer? BTW it is deleted not delted

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Seriously that is what you have to offer? BTW it is deleted not delted

Sorry, iPhone  did it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I've been thinking the same thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I've been thinking the same thing.

Ditto!

I find it sadly emblematic of the mamby pamby pantywaists who can't handle reading things they don't agree with.  Yes!  There are many who are obnoxious on here, and I routinely ignore them, BY NOT READING IT!  I DON'T NEED SOMEBODY TO PROTECT ME from getting my feelings hurt.  My god!  Sack up!  PLEASE!

Who are these boys who need this protection???

I guess whining & playing the victim now sells in Boston?  WOW!  Not the Boston I grew up in!  Those MEN never needed protection from reading / hearing things they didn't like!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

preceding post to soon be deleted!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

when you create an account you have to accept the terms of service, if you read it you will find:

"3.3 You acknowledge that any submissions you make to the Services (i.e., user-generated content including but not limited to: comments, forum messages, reviews, text, video, audio and photographs, as well as computer code and applications) (each, a "Submission") may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by The Boston Globe and you waive any rights you may have in having the material altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. Submissions made to the Services may also be included in our RSS feeds, APIs and made available for republishing through other formats."

if they remove something you don't like, deal with it. Their house, their rules.

Folks with these rules start losing visitors!  They end up hanging with other pantywaists who can't handle hearing things they don't want to hear.  Very small group of friends / small minded associates.

Sections
Shortcuts