In my never ending quest to create new friends I just wanted to say

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In my never ending quest to create new friends I just wanted to say

This 2014 RED SOX team is really bad. This is just my opinion and others on the board may want to dispute this. Actually, saying this team is 'really bad' is being too nice.

It won't be any better next year, but there will be a soap opera effect when the SOX play the Yankees, who then will have Lester, Drew, and Ellsbury. 

But don't be too depressed, because there's always 2013 to hang your hat on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: In my never ending quest to create new friends I just wanted to say

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This 2014 RED SOX team is really bad. This is just my opinion and others on the board may want to dispute this. Actually, saying this team is 'really bad' is being too nice.

It won't be any better next year, but there will be a soap opera effect when the SOX play the Yankees, who then will have Lester, Drew, and Ellsbury. 

[/QUOTE]Sorry to see that your leaving the BOARD......... Its funny, those of us that understand BASEBALL are thrilled with the 7/31 TRADES......  This will be a fun team to watch the rest of the way........  Be sure to let us know what forum that you are moving to !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Sorry to see that your leaving the BOARD......... Its funny, those of us that understand BASEBALL are thrilled with the 7/31 TRADES......  This will be a fun team to watch the rest of the way........  Be sure to let us know what forum that you are moving to !!!

[/QUOTE]

I'm not leaving the board as far as I know, unless you're one of the Mods.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what the point of any of that was.  You have a great sense of humor, but this was not an example of it.

The only point worth responding on is this: let's have a look-see at the 2015 opening day roster before we make any predictions about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what the point of any of that was.  You have a great sense of humor, but this was not an example of it.

The only point worth responding on is this: let's have a look-see at the 2015 opening day roster before we make any predictions about it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree; this was an example of what not to do when creating an OP. But at least Bill responded, giving the OP some credibility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It's hard to dispute that the 2014 Red Sox are a bad team.  Their record is what it is and it speaks for itself.  And to compound the problem that record was compiled with their GOOD pitchers - who are now gone.  

We - or at least I - now am shifting gears.  Whereas last year I was watching to see how they could pull out wins in the games now I'll be watching to see what (and how) the prospects do.  

I'm optimistic that the FO can pull together a team of position players for next year that can be competitive if they have the pitching to back them up.  It's the 2015 starting rotation I'm not so optimistic about.  

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

yes next year will be just as bad, a new day of no world series will usher in and the Sox will go on another WS draught.

.....and if they win it all within the next couple years WHO CARES??!?!?!?!

Because all you naysayers will have different monikers by then anyways, so no one will be able to call you out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

If the sox had the offense they seem to have now at the start of the year this thread wouldn't exist. They now have the ability to score several runs per game...Peavy would be a 15 game winner. Even without Lester and Lackey they'll still be competitive. I predict  good things happening next year if we could add a number 1 or 2 starter. Getting Lester back would guarantee it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i think Ben is in a good GM mode and realizes that he has to try new ideas, get new players, and be more aggressive....i look forward to seeing the 2015 opening day lineup

As always - 100% correct!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I agree; this was an example of what not to do when creating an OP."

Maybe next time wait until you have a good idea for a thread. 

"But at least Bill responded, giving the OP some credibility."

Umm - no. You achieve credibility when Bill starts a duplicate thread on the exact same topic. 

As for this: "there will be a soap opera effect when the SOX play the Yankees, who then will have Lester, Drew, and Ellsbury."

First off, lumping those players together doesn't make sense. Yes, it would be hard to see Lester in a Yanks uniform (a pretty likely scenario, though not a done deal), but most of us are glad to see Drew in pinstripes, and we are also mostly at peace with the massive contract Ells was given. 

I've never agreed with the "entitled fan" viewpoint that "my team better be really good or I'll complain like a child all the time". 

What I want is: 

1. a team that plays hard
    2. a management that spends aggressively
    3. a team that gives youth a chance, especially when it's not in contention
    4. a management that learns from its mistakes and makes course corrections

If those things are in play, I don't care if my team is "bad", you're not going to be good every year. 

I expect the team to be more offensively productive with the lineup changes. I also expect them to play hard. The problem, of course, the last three. 

But - it's totally unfair not to give management the offseason to correct those points. 

Throw a little tantrum if you want but I'd suggest waiting and seeing what the lineup looks like would be good. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.