In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........

In Response to In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........:
     And both the RED SOX and the Country will suffer long after they are both gone. Yes, Theo is with the Cubs & Yes, the "BIG O" with any luck will be one & done in November.....  However, the misuse of "OTHER PEOPLES MONEY" is criminal.......  The actions of Bobby Jenks of late, along with the 10 -15 bad contracts over his 8 years here explains why we are a bit handcuffed with bad contracts......  The good news, is that Bobby V will play the best players available and not the high priced FAT-CATS that think that they are entitled !!!    btw,  I was always a THEO guy !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Who are the fat cats he won't play?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........:
    In Response to In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........ : Who are the fat cats he won't play?
    Posted by JimfromFlorida
    If you're asking Bill to think about one of his assertions, you're tapping the wrong head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

After the next election, he'll have more flexibility Bill.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........:
    In Response to Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........ : Thanks BALDMAN.......  I saw that on the news...... Please America, wake up as this non-American is driving us right into the dessert !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

I usually bite my tongue at your ceaseless bombastic bullcrap, but PLEASE (to use your favorite form of emphasis) leave your useless political opinions out of this baseball forum!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........ : I usually bite my tongue at your ceaseless bombastic bullcrap, but PLEASE (to use your favorite form of emphasis) leave your useless political opinions out of this baseball forum!
    Posted by pschuller

ps - I also usually refrain from pointing out the stupidity of most of his posts because I feel sorry for him.  But "un American"?  How pathetic is that?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........ : No respect at all !!  I guess that if you point out the obvious, some people always get  (P C) offended.....   "Let me be clear", I look at Theos Bad contracts and wonder how the SOX can survive and get beyond them.... Ben C. has gone back to looking for the Kevin Millar, Bill Muler types and rightfully so.... I would also bet, that THEO is doing the same thing for the Cubs and he has learned from the danger of living with bad policy/contracts/spending !!!  i also heard that Theo was installing SOLAR & WIND turbines to cut down on the carbon print at wrigly !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

How respectful was your comment on Obama being "non-American"?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Bill - aside from what Bobby V will or won't do with the Sox players, I have to agree with the others regarding your comment on Obama. Personally, he is not my choice for President, but get used to it because he will win again in November. And to say he is un-American is downright un-American.

Sadly, the best the Republicans have been able to offer up is a "Fat Cat" named Romney who excites no one in the voting population. The other candidate the Republicans give us is Santorum and he should have his mouth power-stapled shut for good. If he were elected, I would seriously have to consider putting my move to Italy on the fast track. At least over there, I know I will eat good.

As usual, my vote will go to Alice Cooper.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........ : GOOD POST......  Just my OPINION ( Americans still have free speech,last i checked) as I still have concern over the well mentioned BIRTH CERTIFICATE !!!  Time is a wonderful thing, and yes all, "TIME WILL TELL" .....  Just as you will see a different Theo operating out of Wrigly !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

What's your opinion on US non-farm employment figures from Dec 2009 - present?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........ :    If they can't perform, they will be replaced...... That goes for any contract that is out of wack.... Meaning the Josh Beckett's of the team.... Bobby V will not tolerate 5 innings per start !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill -- your rants would be more tolerated if you could at least try to use facts. Your poster boy for "fat cats" who don't perform -- Josh Beckett -- was one of the best pitchers in the league last year until his last two starts.

He carried the pitching staff for more than five months with an ERA of 2.54 and LOWERED his ERA to 2.50 after his first two starts in September. Oh, he pitched just five innings (never less) just THREE times, not including these two games:
    4.1 IP, 0 ER on May 4. (I'm guess there was either a long rain delay or he got hurt. He didn't miss his next start)

3.2 IP, 0 ER on Sept. 5 when he injured his ankle and missed  his next start.

And you really want the so-called "Fat Cats" put in their place, you might want to pick your spots where you use the phrase. You're posting the phrase in every f rick n post simply reduces your posts to jokes that should be ignored.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........:
     And both the RED SOX and the Country will suffer long after they are both gone. Yes, Theo is with the Cubs & Yes, the "BIG O" with any luck will be one & done in November.....  However, the misuse of "OTHER PEOPLES MONEY" is criminal.......  The actions of Bobby Jenks of late, along with the 10 -15 bad contracts over his 8 years here explains why we are a bit handcuffed with bad contracts......  The good news, is that Bobby V will play the best players available and not the high priced FAT-CATS that think that they are entitled !!!    btw,  I was always a THEO guy !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Oh and one other comment about the "Other People's Money." Comparing Theo and Obama in this regard is stupid. Obama is spending taxpayer money -- money we have to pay whether we like it or not.

Theo was spending Red Sox money as the guy Henry gave that responsibility to, which happens in business. It's money the Sox got from fans who had the choice whether or not to pay. And he was given a budget on how much he was supposed to spend and likely stayed within that budget. That some of the money spent didn't pan out is business.

Most of the money Theo spent was spent wisely -- most, not all -- and he stayed within in the budget Henry allowed. Obama isn't anywhere close to that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........ :   Just for the record, the BUCK stops with the CIC.....  Two things I can tell you...... 1/ I hate (dislike for the  P C)  the slogan " America Runs On Dunkin" (Just no way to start the day) & 2/  "America can not run on $3.00+ GAS" !!!  And that all stops at 1500 PENN. AVE. !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

So no view on recent US employment statistics, Bill?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

"Let me be clear, bill, you are an idiot!!! "

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: In retrospect, THEO & the "BIG O" have done the same with OPM........ :   Thank You Roy19....  I guess I am asking alot of an extended 64mil contract to go more than 5 innings !!  How foolish of me !!
    Posted by Bill-806

And he did go more than five innings. What part of that fact can't you understand.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Posted by Bill-806

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Posted by Bill-806

Inappropriate content; but now that you mention it; you mean that Cheney wasn't a blatant war profiteer and international espionage criminal? How about what his draconian tax cuts did, turning the national surplus to a record debt, slowing down the national economy and impacting the global economy for decades to come? Or his meddling with the Justice Dep't and FEMA?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Bill, how was the great W Bush at spending OPMTWHTB?

(other people's money that we had to borrow)

i mean, its not even close to what W frittered away is it? where were all the tea party protestors then?

Sections
Shortcuts