In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.YankeeBabe. Show Mr.YankeeBabe's posts

In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?

Sabathia/Hughes/Burnett vs. Beckett/Lester/Lackey-
    Any objective analysis would conclude that the Yankees have the better rotation. Therefore with the better starting pitching/offense/bench/ and relief, the Yankees will be the AL representative in the 2011 World Series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?

In Response to In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?:
    Sabathia/Hughes/Burnett vs. Beckett/Lester/Lackey- Any objective analysis would conclude that the Yankees have the better rotation. Therefore with the better starting pitching/offense/bench/ and relief, the Yankees will be the AL representative in the 2011 World Series.
    Posted by Mr.YankeeBabe

Curiuos by what statistical measure did you arrive at the above conclusion?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Sabathia is 0-4 with a 7.20 ERA against the Sox this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Frankie the Troll is back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ..>TheBabe<... Show ..>TheBabe<..'s posts

In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?:
    In Response to In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : Curiuos by what statistical measure did you arrive at the above conclusion?

Posted by Beantowne

Let's see, the Yanks have the better......

offense......check

starter's ERA.....check

reliever's ERA......check

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.YankeeBabe. Show Mr.YankeeBabe's posts

Babe, Sox fans can't handle the truth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?:
    In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : Let's see, the Yanks have the better...... offense......check starter's ERA.....check reliever's ERA......check
    Posted by .. />TheBabe<..

and with all that they still manage to lose 10 of 12 games to the Red Sox.
    Congrats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : Let's see, the Yanks have the better...... offense......check starter's ERA.....check reliever's ERA......check

Hey babe...

Go back to the original post and please make a case for how Sabathia, Hughes and Burnett are better than Beckett, Lester & Lackey. Head to head the Sox have pretty much owned your boys all year with or without Arod.

I won't argue that your boy's are formitable, but in a head to head series for all the marbles in October...I like my chances...especially if you guys trot out Hughesd and Burnett...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.YankeeBabe. Show Mr.YankeeBabe's posts

Winning 10 out of 12 regular season games is not the same as winning high pressure ALCS playoff games. The Yankees will defeat the Sox and go the WS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Winning 10 out of 12 regular season games is not the same as winning high pressure ALCS playoff games. The Yankees will defeat the Sox and go the WS.
    Posted by Mr.YankeeBabe

Thank you for backing that up with the facts that way we know it's not just your opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am glad I do not have to bank my teams play-off hopes on Burnett and Hughes, and then have my ACE 0-4 with an era over 6 against my arch rival.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Uh, huh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Posted by Mr.YankeeBabe

You're a true blue yank fan, good for you...I'd suggest that before we start talking about who will best whom in the ALCS that we wait until we're both there...in the meantime...do tell is there any significance to being 2-10 against the team you're trying to best for the division?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ..>TheBabe<... Show ..>TheBabe<..'s posts

In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : Hey babe... Go back to the original post and please make a case for how Sabathia, Hughes and Burnett are better than Beckett, Lester & Lackey. Head to head the Sox have pretty much owned your boys all year with or without Arod. I won't argue that your boy's are formitable, but in a head to head series for all the marbles in October...I like my chances...especially if you guys trot out Hughesd and Burnett...

Posted by Beantowne

First off...it's formidable.

Secondly, it's highly unlikely that burnett would be the number 3.

Third, there's been plenty of times where one team has owned the other in the regular season only to get beaten by that very team in the playoffs. mets/dodgers in 1988 comes to mind off the top of my head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.YankeeBabe. Show Mr.YankeeBabe's posts

Sox Nation is encouraged that Miller had a decent game against the Royals. The Yankees will treat him like a batting practice pitcher in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : First off...it's formidable. Secondly, it's highly unlikely that burnett would be the number 3. Third, there's been plenty of times where one team has owned the other in the regular season only to get beaten by that very team in the playoffs. mets/dodgers in 1988 comes to mind off the top of my head.

So you concede that the OP is not a legitimate question and the responses are much ado about nothing. If we don't know who the top three are at this point then why discuss it at all. Another useless thread.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I estimate the chances at less than 50 percent that the Red Sox and Yankees will meet in the American League Championship Series.

The Sox and Yankees aren't the only good teams in the American League.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ..>TheBabe<... Show ..>TheBabe<..'s posts

In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : So you concede that the OP is not a legitimate question and the responses are much ado about nothing. If we don't know who the top three are at this point then why discuss it at all. Another useless thread.

Posted by PawsoxPhil

Nobody forced/asked you to be part of it. If you don't like it why don't you find another thread to troll?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : First off...it's formidable. Secondly, it's highly unlikely that burnett would be the number 3. Third, there's been plenty of times where one team has owned the other in the regular season only to get beaten by that very team in the playoffs. mets/dodgers in 1988 comes to mind off the top of my head.

Good example of the '88 mets/dodgers. The regular season numbers can essentially be thrown out in the PS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?:
    Sabathia/Hughes/Burnett vs. Beckett/Lester/Lackey- Any objective analysis would conclude that the Yankees have the better rotation. Therefore with the better starting pitching/offense/bench/ and relief, the Yankees will be the AL representative in the 2011 World Series.
    Posted by Mr.YankeeBabe

Nothing personal against Yankees fans but I honestly don't think the Yankees have very good starting pitching.  This could be one reason the Sox have dominated them this season and also why I feel Texas could give us more problems in the PS if we match up.

With that said, if we can't get our entire lineup healthy the Yankees or Rangers have a great chance of beating us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : Nothing personal against Yankees fans but I honestly don't think the Yankees have very good starting pitching.  This could be one reason the Sox have dominated them this season and also why I feel Texas could give us more problems in the PS if we match up. With that said, if we can't get our entire lineup healthy the Yankees or Rangers have a great chance of beating us.
    Posted by craze4sox

What does that say for RS SP, whose ERA is a half a run higher?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Well in a best of seven our top 3 are better imo.... that half run is because of pitchers like Lackey and Wakefield (neither who would sniff a start in the play-offs if Bedard balances out).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by Mr.YankeeBabe

Beckett/Lester and Bedard should be our three PS starters "not Lackey" in a series where every run could count as the game winner.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

Well in a best of seven our top 3 are better imo.... that half run is because of pitchers like Lackey and Wakefield (neither who would sniff a start in the play-offs if Bedard balances out).

Posted by BurritoT

But if the Yanks take out their worst two starters' ERA's they would be lower too.

Funny how that works.

Sections
Shortcuts