In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?

Do we recall why Theo got Bedard in an 11th hour deal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

BabbleBabe just looking at CC's record this season against Boston makes our 1-3 better tha tis all there is to it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]Babble Babe just looking at CC's record this season against Boston makes our 1-3 better tha tis all there is to it. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Right; I'm sure the RS are licking their chops knowing they have to face him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

There'll be two other teams in the mix for the ALCS.  Verlander's tough, Texas' starting pitching is pretty good.  I'm not so sure our Sox will be there (injuries not looking to good).  I think the Yanks would probably go with CC three times in a 7-gamer, with Nova and Hughes/Colon?  Think is they can rake the ball like you read about, so their pitching during the playoffs don't have to be "lights-out" just merely "okay."  Based on our health (Youk, Papi) and underachievers (Crawford), I think our pitching will need to be better than "okay."  Beckett, Lester, then the hot hand.  I know the Yanks pitching stats are better, but I'm confident that if both of us make the ALCS our pitching can "hang" with them if our offense is healthy and producing to norms.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

IRT to the question in the OP, I think the starting pitching is pretty close to a wash statistically.

ERA+

Beckett 166
    Lester 127
    Bedard 124
    Lackey 68

Sabathia 143
    Garcia 133
    Colon 119
    Nova 100
    Hughes 74

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Wait a minute! It is not written in stone that either will make it to the ALCS, so this debate is moot unless they get there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : First off...it's formidable. Secondly, it's highly unlikely that burnett would be the number 3. Third, there's been plenty of times where one team has owned the other in the regular season only to get beaten by that very team in the playoffs. mets/dodgers in 1988 comes to mind off the top of my head.
    Posted by .. />TheBabe<..[/QUOTE]

Hey Babe...

1) thanks for the grammer lesson...

2) I wasn't the one who suggested that Burnett would start.....

3) I get that the regular season records are meaniless in the post season...

If we can get back to the original question....

I asked and am still awaiting the answer too..."how does one arrive at the conclusion that Sabathia, Burentt and Hughes are better than Beckett, Lester and Lackey"...Which is according to the author of this thread, one of the reason he cited for why the Yankees have the advatage if we were to meet in the ALCS...

Babe, I won't belabor this any further, but if you're gonna run to the defense of one of your boys, perhaps instead of citing the entire starters era, which isn't relevent to this debate...If you either agree that the three above are better and becasue of them the Yanks are the prohibitive favorites....it wouldn't hurt if you actullay could give us some stats to back that up....

I'm not debating which team is better...I am only challenging the veracity of the authors opin...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Sox Nation is encouraged that Miller had a decent game against the Royals. The Yankees will treat him like a batting practice pitcher in the playoffs.
    Posted by Mr.YankeeBabe[/QUOTE] MYB, while i certainly like our chances against everyone, can you state as fact that Miller would see any game changing innings in an ALCS?..you would also need to see who among the 6 pitchers you lined up is pitching well and when...normally you tend to throw regular season out the window as far as TEAM play, but to me it certainly matters if your top guys are pitching up to snuff...i don't care who you are, but you ARE gonna be concerned if Beckett and Sabathia are going into a playoff start having been cuffed around for 2-3 straight starts...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : 1) thanks for the grammer lesson... 2) I wasn't the one who suggested that Burnett would start..... 3) I get that the regular season records are meaniless in the post season... If we can get back to the original question.... I asked and am still awaiting the answer too..."how does one arrive at the conclusion that Sabathia, Burentt and Hughes are better than Beckett, Lester and Lackey"...Which is according to the author of this thread, one of the reason the Yankees having the advatage, along with offense and the pen if we were to meet in the ALCS.... Babe, I won't belabor this any further, but if you're gonna run to the defense of one of your boys, perhaps instead of citing the entire starters era, which isn't relevent to the above...If I you either agree that the three above are better and becasue of them the Ynaks are the prohibitive favorites....it wouldn't hurt if you actullay could give us some stats to back that up.... I'm not debating which team is better I am only challenging the veracity of the authors opin...

Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

I'm more than happy to help you with your grammar.

And I'm not running to anyone's defense. I hardly believe that Burnett will be in the PS rotation. But the bottom line is the Yanks staff, both starters and relievers have better numbers than that of the sawx.

Now how that lines up come the postseason remains to be seen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In the ALCS, who will have the strongest starting pitching? Sox or Yankees? : I'm more than happy to help you with your grammar. And I'm not running to anyone's defense. I hardly believe that Burnett will be in the PS rotation. But the bottom line is the Yanks staff, both starters and relievers have better numbers than that of the sawx. Now how that lines up come the postseason remains to be seen.
    Posted by />.TheBabe.<[/QUOTE]

Different debate...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

www.marckollarphotography.com/photos/i-2xmjmKz/0/O/i-2xmjmKz.jpg" alt="http://www.marckollarphotography.com/photos/i-2xmjmKz/0/O/i-2xmjmKz.jpg" />

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If Sox win the division title, I cant see the Yankees winning the first game at Fenway Park where Sabathia have pitched terrible this year.  Also game #3 and #4 at Yankees staduim, Yankees will be force to use two straight right handing pitchers where Boston is loaded with bunch of left handing hitters. That is why Boston is undefeated at Yankee stadium this year!!

Sox will win in five games!!

Go Sox!!

Sections
Shortcuts