In the END, 2013 playoffs & W S was right out of FEVER PITCH .............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In the END, 2013 playoffs & W S was right out of FEVER PITCH .............

A post season made for T V & the MOVIES ......  What say you ????  (while we are waiting for HOT STOVE action)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: In the END, 2013 playoffs & W S was right out of FEVER PITCH .............

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A post season made for T V & the MOVIES ......  What say you ????  (while we are waiting for HOT STOVE action)

[/QUOTE] Bill, for as long as i've been here...to a man, most Sox fans viewed FP as bad karma..don't know why...never asked...but have always wondered why 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Bill, for as long as i've been here...to a man, most Sox fans viewed FP as bad karma..don't know why...never asked...but have always wondered why 

[/QUOTE]I fell in love with "whats-her-name" !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

I Bill, for as long as i've been here...to a man, most Sox fans viewed FP as bad karma..don't know why...never asked...but have always wondered why 

[/QUOTE]

interesting.  I thought of it quite the opposite.  the Sox won the WS after they started filming that movie and then incorporated it into the ending.  seemed like a rabbit's foot to this Sox fan....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fever Pitch never bothered me. Yeah, it got ridiculous with some of the Red Sox curse stuff. And I never understood why Drew Barrymore had to go to every game. He had friends, so when she had to work late, why didn't he take a friend. After all, at the beginning of the season he was divying up games. So that part of the storyline never made sense. And there are just 81 home games, so it wasn't like they'd be at games EVERY NIGHT. When they're on the road, he can sit at home watch the game and she can work on her computer if she has to.

Also, any sports fan knows that they don't show morons on TV when they're running on the field. And when they caught her, they would have dragged her away right away and not given him a chance to talk. Plot points like this bothered me.

But in the end, it was a romantic comedy, not a documentary on being a Red Sox fan. Drew Barrymore was cute in the role. I never watched it in the theater, so when I saw it on TV, it was free, mindless diversion for two hours. I've seen a lot worse movies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

It's a football book/film anyway about Arsenal FC....and I'm a Tottenham fan so Nick Hornby and Arsenal can F**k right off.

Sections
Shortcuts