IN WAKE I FULLY TRUST TODAY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

IN WAKE I FULLY TRUST TODAY

this is the one game i had as a lockl for the sawx. with 200 out of the way and the sawx needing a W i expect wake to show up as he often has and make his swan song a memorable one in front of the home fans as he holds off the rays enough for the sox to score first finally..AND often! price is 12-12, looks like a mismatch but....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Re: IN WAKE I FULLY TRUST TONIGHT

How did we get to this point? That a turning point of the season rest upon the roll of the dice that is Tim Wakefield? Month's of planning, millions in spending, all hinged upon the vagarities of a flutterball. Meanwhile the Rays chant, "If it's high, let it fly!" Fear the Longoria.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

nice that the Sox have committment to a class player like Wakefield BUT,
     don't we have anyone in Pawtucket etc that can throw 80-90 mph with more than 1 pitch? unbelievable, 
     geez bring back Chad Penny............. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Wakefield is overdue for less than 2 homers and 5 runs in 5 or 6 innings. The farm system that Theo has stocked will only need another 10 years to find a pitcher in his 20's who can replace the great Tim Wakefield. Wakefield is much harder to replace than Cliff Lee.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncsoxfan4life. Show ncsoxfan4life's posts

this a joke wake today lackluster tomorrow

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Rays are weak offensively, so that helps. But all you can ask for is a better pitcher that isn't fat and 45 years old. Farm system on pitching is pitiful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Wake may surprise us and pitch a good game. I won't put any money on that though,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to IN WAKE I FULLY TRUST TONIGHT:
    [QUOTE]this is the one game i had as a lockl for the sawx. with 200 out of the way and the sawx needing a W i expect wake to show up as he often has and make his swan song a memorable one in front of the home fans as he holds off the rays enough for the sox to score first finally..AND often! price is 12-12, looks like a mismatch but....
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I think we need to beat up Price period.  Wake is unfortunately done so hoping he pitches a great game against the most confident team in the AL East is a lot to ask.

We had Tampa buried and allowed them back.  Nobody to blame but management.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wake is overdue to pitch a game where he doesnt do his usual 4-5 innings 5 runs...so let it flutter say I!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Wake vs. Price. McDonald, Aviles and Jackson in the starting lineup. Put me down for the Rays in this one. And sadly, we have Lackey tomorrow. Impending Doom, yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: IN WAKE I FULLY TRUST TODAY

LOOK a great game for wake is 6 innings and 4 runs with 3 earned and theam up 6-4 when he leaves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

It's not Wake, it's the lineup that is shaky.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

No matter the roster; no matter the free agent signings or influx of minor league talent; year after year, Tim Wakefield is maligned by Red Sox fans, wished to retire or be unceremoniously released, until they must depend upon him, which seemingly is inevitable, year after year after year.

Pittsburgh you hardly knew him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This reminds me of the game in Philly last year where Wake was matched up against Halliday. The whole board, led by the silly clown softy, threw in the towel early. 

The rest is history.

Have faith!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Wakefield was horrible, last year, one game notwithstanding. Wakefield is proof that the Red Sox farm decision makers stink on young pitching develpment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Les Paul not Less.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Wakefield 2010: 19 starts, 9 "quality starts"....for short money.  What sort of person would call that "horrible"?

April 9: IP 7, ER 2
    April 19:  6.2, 2
    May 12:  7, 3
    May 23:  8, 0
    June 8:  7.1, 1
    June 19:  6.1, 3
    June 25:  7, 3
    July 2:  8, 2
    July 20:  6, 3