Indians get Jimenez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Indians get Jimenez

From MLBTraderumors.com:

The organization that traded C.C. Sabathia and Cliff Lee away in high-profile summer trades is about to acquire an ace of its own. The Indians and Rockies have agreed on a deal that will send Ubaldo Jimenez to Cleveland, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post (on Twitter).

Jimenez, 27, has a 4.20 ERA with 8.6 K/9, 3.5 BB/9 and a 46.8% ground ball rate midway through an up and down season that has included flashes of brilliance, stretches of poor performance and a stint on the disabled list with a cuticle cut on the right-hander’s thumb. The third place finisher in last year's Cy Young voting, Jimenez broke out in 2010, posting a 2.88 ERA with 8.7 K/9 and 3.7 BB/9 in 221 2/3 innings.

Some of Jimenez's value comes from a contract that now seems team-friendly. Jimenez earns $2.8MM this year and $4.2MM in 2012. His contract includes a $5.75MM club option ($1MM buyout) for 2013 and an $8MM club option for 2014 ($1MM buyout).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Indians get Jimenez

The dominoes are falling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

You know what, good for them and good for their fans.  Out of all the deadline "sellers" over the past 3 seasons, the Indians have dismantled their team more than anyone else.  Sabathia, Lee, V-Mart... and then guys like Peralta, Blake and Wood to a lesser extent.  It's good to see them on the other side for a change.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Wow, that's cool that Aviles is already here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Not so fast!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox0426. Show redsox0426's posts

Gordon Edes is saying the Red Sox are still holding out hope of getting Ubaldo...strange turn of events that he is now pitching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

What did the Indians give up for him, if that deal is in place?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox0426. Show redsox0426's posts

Lars Anderson just pulled from his game, but it could be strategic. Who knows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Ubaldo gives indications to me of being hurt. He would be a tremendous pick up if he is healthy. Still a cheap contract. Why would the Rockies want to move him so badly unless they thought he was hurt?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Indians get Jimenez:
    What did the Indians give up for him, if that deal is in place?
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

According to MLBTraderumors.com:

6:55pm: The organization that traded C.C. Sabathia and Cliff Lee away in high-profile summer trades is about to acquire an ace of its own. The Indians and Rockies have agreed on a deal that will send Ubaldo Jimenez to Cleveland in a deal that includes Drew PomeranzAlex White and Matt McBride, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post (Twitter links).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adamsje. Show adamsje's posts

IS IT OFFICIAL OR WHAT ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

IS IT OFFICIAL OR WHAT ?
    Posted by adamsje

Not yet.There's a chance it may not get done

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Jiminez warming in bullpen as Rockies bat in top of 1st in S.Diego. Deal may not be finalized.
    I want him in Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Lars Anderson just pulled from his game, but it could be strategic. Who knows.
    Posted by redsox0426

I'm guessing it's strategic.  He really doesn't have much value left at this point.  But who knows, maybe he's part of something brewing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

MLB Trade Rumors also said that the Yankees wanted to do a physical on Jimenez before a deal, but the Rox said no, so the Yanks moved on.  I wonder how often this happens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ubaldo gives indications to me of being hurt. He would be a tremendous pick up if he is healthy. Still a cheap contract. Why would the Rockies want to move him so badly unless they thought he was hurt?

That's the big question!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Action in the Rockies bullpen?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adamsje. Show adamsje's posts

I bet another team came in late and the rockies are trying to decide where to send him.  I bet the Red Sox are still in this !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Chris Villani 
     by RochieWBZ

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jon Heyman 
     by PeteAbe
     Jon Heyman 
     by RochieWBZ

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Thrown 28 pitches in the first, gotten one out and allowed 2 runs so far. Doesn't sound to me the deal with Cleveland has been completed yet.
    Unless Billyboy/ softlaw/yazzer is new Indians G.M., and lets his new acquisitions finish scheduled starts with old team ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

He can't be too relaxed knowing he's out of town tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Seriously, forget about this start ... he is worried about where he is going. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Cleveland gives up their top righty Alex White, top lefty Drew Pomeranz, who is considered a power pitcher, 26 yr old Matt McBride 1B/OF, and P Joe Gardner who has struggled in AA...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is his contract? ! ? Wow, seems a no-brainer for any team. I hope he does well for the Indians, I sincerely do. 

note: I hope he wins 20 games next season and his only losses are versus the Red Sox.

Sections
Shortcuts