Indians to sign Daisuke Matsuzaka ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Indians to sign Daisuke Matsuzaka ...

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Dice Thanks for your contribution and wished it worked out better Good Luck

Contribution? What has he contributed since 2008? He gave the team four years of nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

As long as they sign him cheap/low risk, it's a great signing. I've always been amazed at the hate he got here. For a guy who was essentially our #4 or #5 guy, he performed very well. Sure he was grossly overpaid, but honestly, it isn't our money so who cares? I'm very surprised how nobody had signed him for a #5 guy by now.

Check his numbers the last four years (out of six). They were horrible. I don't consider how he did well. Since 2009, 17-22, 75 IP per year average, and an ERA well over 5. That just plain stinks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Class note, Jim. 

Maybe he's reading this, LOL.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to crix's comment:

Are they tracking the plane towards Cleveland?  

good one

sox PR machine at it's best

tough expectations to live up 2

the gyro pitch on a par with

Geraldo Rivera cracking open Al Ca-pone's secret vault

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Interesting.  He may surprise.

Before running into Valentine, Dice was 49-30 with a 4.25.  He might be good enough so you don't need to promote Bauer.

Possibly McClure had something to do it with it as well. After all, he did get fired.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Contribution? What has he contributed since 2008? He gave the team four years of nothing.

I was very happy with the 33 wins the first two years. IMHO I believe as is the case with most TJ surgery cases the elbow was an issue right along and the main reason for the issues the last years. Thus I thank him for the contribution and wished it had been better.

Unlike you who must live a life negativity on all RS players

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Before running into Valentine, Dice was 49-30 with a 4.25.  He might be good enough so you don't need to promote Bauer.

I believe he would have had more success if Francona and Farrell didn't mess with his way of preparing to pitch. They changed his routine and consequently he became more and more uncomfortable. I hope he realizes that Francona will have him on a rigid pitch count, probably starting out with 20 pitches and working up to possibly 60 as the season goes on...lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Epstein was the pitch count guy I believe B41...Francona was just following orders...it will be interesting to see how Francona manages without all that Bill james nonsense hanging over his head

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Epstein was the pitch count guy I believe B41...Francona was just following orders...it will be interesting to see how Francona manages without all that Bill james nonsense hanging over his head

He didn't have it over his head in Philly..

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bosox still bashing Francona LMAO. Guy has two rings with the Red Sox and BoSox still giving him the not-so-silent treatment. I'll give you this, you know how to carry a senseless irrational grudge. 

As for Dice in Cleveland, with softy being a big Dice K fan and apologist, does this mean he will spend more time in Indians forums than here? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

More interesting to see who brings the chicken and beer into the dugout.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I agree with you Jimmah! I say the same thing for okie dokie who I guess is going to the A's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How much did he get?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

I believe he would have had more success if Francona and Farrell didn't mess with his way of preparing to pitch. They changed his routine and consequently he became more and more uncomfortable. I hope he realizes that Francona will have him on a rigid pitch count, probably starting out with 20 pitches and working up to possibly 60 as the season goes on...lol

I tend to agree with you on that except for one point. I don't think it was such a good idea for Dice to pitch for japan in the WBC. he never really had a spring training with the sox. agreed?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Poor Tito. He'll have enough stress adjusting to his new job. Now he might have to deal with DiceK again. At least I won't have to stress out watching him pitch for the Sox.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Nothing was worse than seeing that loser Wastefield and his goofball pitching. At least DiceK had two solid years as a starter on teams that won a division title and a WS title and reached game seven of the ALCS in the 2nd year on DiceK's contract. I'll take DiceK for 1.5 than that good ole boy bum Wastefield for twice that amount to throw those goofballs to the backstop.

And Wake was on 2 WS championship team and played a vital role in both...The Sox have a couple "goofball" pitchers in the minors. One is at AAA this year. We traded Lars Anderson for Steven Wright. Not the comic :)

I think Wake might have stayed 1 year too long, but to say you would take Dice over Dempster is pretty funny...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

And Wake was on 2 WS championship team and played a vital role in both

Wastefield was anything but "vital" on the 2 WS teams. He was a liability, even in a backbencher role.

Yes, I'll take DiceK for 2013 at 1.5 million over Dumpster for 2013 at 13.25 million and over 10 times the cost of one cotract year for DiceK.

Clueless, totally clueless....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm sure the Sox  want to hit against Dice-K too.

Jordan BastianJordan Bastian@MLBastian

One reason Dice-K picked the Indians? They're in the AL. "I want to pitch against Boston," he said through interpreter Jeff Cutler.

25. This post has been removed.