Indians to Sign Michael Bourn

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Indians to Sign Michael Bourn

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sanchez ...is a #3 type pitcher, not a TOTR starter IMO.

If he's a number 3, then we have no starters that are 1s or 2s.

Lesters career numbers are better...also no injusy history and gives you 200IP every year. Lester is a TOTR starter IMO  (#1 or #2) Sanchez is a MOTR (#3). Thats just my opinion Moon and how I view them both.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Who are these prospects that were trading Ells for? They dangled his name out there and were not offered much or they wouldve jumped at it. I think teams want to see who the real Jacoby is before they put a true value on him. I dont blame them either.

We don't know what was offered to be able to say we can't blame them or not.

Bournes K rate is scary and will not be worth the contact come year 3. I think SV has the edge over Bourne. I like the way SV plays the game, his personality, he is solid at all 3 OF positions, and posseses a strong arm. That, and his deal is only 3 years. Id take SV over MB.

Bourn just turned 30: SV just turned 32. Bourn will be younger in year 4 than SV will be in his last year (year 3). Bourn has shown he has gotten better over the last 3-4 years: SV has gotten worse. Bourn is a great fileder, but perhaps SV's arm is better. I'd say they are about even, but the avg cost per year ($12 to $13M) and the total prime years (3 to 1) gives Bourn the edge.

Id like to keep our 2nd round pick and no give it up (especially for Bourne) which should be around #40, which is where we selected JBJ.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Hopefully this year, the Red Sox will be more fun to watch for all of us!   

I think the Red Sox will have a brawl with the Yankees or O's this year.  Just my gut feeling.  LOL

Agreed, and you might well be right about a blue collar brawl, which would be better than the fat slobs baseball the Red Sox have been playing for many years.

I think a possible brawl would be Aceves hitting Teixeira with a nasty fastball and then both benches clear.  

This season needs a spark.  Aceves, we are counting on you to start something.  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I think the Red Sox will have a brawl with the Yankees or O's this year.  Just my gut feeling.  LOL

Agreed, and you might well be right about a blue collar brawl, which would be better than the fat slobs baseball the Red Sox have been playing for many years.

I think a possible brawl would be Aceves hitting Teixeira with a nasty fastball and then both benches clear.  

This season needs a spark.  Aceves, we are counting on you to start something.  LOL

Another possible brawl would be if Joba beans Youk during an intersquad game  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Another possible brawl would be if Joba beans Youk during an intersquad game  

That would be priceless

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Id like to keep our 2nd round pick and no give it up (especially for Bourne) which should be around #40, which is where we selected JBJ.

I think it might be lower than 40th, and all 40th picks do not turn out like JBJ. (By the way, JBJ only has about 230 PAs in AA with an .809 OPS.

(He hasn't really passed your "muster"  yet)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think it might be lower than 40th, and all 40th picks do not turn out like JBJ. (By the way, JBJ only has about 230 PAs in AA with an .809 OPS.

in 61 games in Portland JBJ showed me he can maintain a high OBP and decent AVE. Although i think those numbers will rise from what Ive seen so far. He has passed my "muster". Ive just gotten so excited about certain prospects achieving "greatness" in A ball only to be dissapointed when they struggle with advanced pitching/hitting in AA. Thats why I am the way I am with that.

I think we will be #44 for our 2nd round pick Moon. My point was that I dont think Bourne was worth giving up a 40ish pick with him and SV basically being a wash talent wise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

in 61 games in Portland JBJ showed me he can maintain a high OBP and decent AVE. Although i think those numbers will rise from what Ive seen so far. He has passed my "muster". Ive just gotten so excited about certain prospects achieving "greatness" in A ball only to be dissapointed when they struggle with advanced pitching/hitting in AA. Thats why I am the way I am with that.

I think we will be #44 for our 2nd round pick Moon. My point was that I dont think Bourne was worth giving up a 40ish pick with him and SV basically being a wash talent wise.

I also don't think Bourn would have even considered signing for that money in December.  Even if the Sox had any interest in Bourn, and it doesn't sound like they did, they couldn't afford to wait it out and end up with neither player (Victorino had bigger deal on table from Cleveland).  A beat writer was speaking this morning and he said that all the people he's talked to in Sox organization fully expect JBJ to be starting centerfielder next year.  We'll see...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to Alibiike's comment:

They got the final prize. Francona has a team that could win it all and Cleveland has done a great job this off-season, picking up some very good players.

With a rotation of Myers, Ubaldo, Masterson, Bauer and whoever?  No , that team is going nowhere.

Loshe is still out there and if they could pick him up and Jimenez pitches like he did in CO, they could be contenders.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I understand.

To me, it is a close call:

Bourn for 4 years (3 in prime) minus the pick

or

SV for 3 years (1 in prime- the year we are least likely to compete) and keeping the pick.