Igelsias signs with Scott Boras

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Ingelsias signs with Scott Boras

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/08/08/jose-iglesias-signs-with-scott-boras/

I'm feeling better about this deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Ingelsias signs with Scott Boras

There's no "n" in Iglesias.

There's no "s" in $cott Bora$$.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

His name is spelled Iglesias-----Iggy for short.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

hasn't this guy mispelled Iggy's name before; over and over again?  I'm starting to think this is a joke. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Ok, but the nit-picking about spelling aside the point is still the same. 

It appears that Iggy learned something by being traded.  It really is all about the money.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

So Funny !!! Is Iggy   getting a fat head ?? So Iggy will only play for a filthy rich team that throws away money....Bora$$$$$$ is rolling the dice on this one. Maybe Bora$$$$$ has a private batting cage....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hate him all you want. Boras is the most successful agent in baseball. By far. There is a reason for that. Should we now trade Bradley and Bogaerts also ? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Igelsias signs with Scott Boras

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Hate him all you want. Boras is the most successful agent in baseball. By far. There is a reason for that. Should we now trade Bradley and Bogaerts also ? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

I have very mixed emotions about Scott Borass. 

On the one hand nobody can deny that he's very good at what he does.  He usually gets top dollar for his clients which gives those clients a larger share of the baseball revenue "pie".  I see that as being a good thing because I believe the talent that drives professional baseball should be compensated for what they do.

On the other hand, I also believe that those large contracts he negotiates set the bar for every player and those contracts contribute to the high cost of fans attending a game whether it involves the ticket prices, the parking prices, the souviner prices or the cost of a hot dog or a beer.

What I see Borass as doing is contributing to an eventual disparity in competitiveness.  Those teams who can afford Borass's elite clients will flourish and those teams who can't will fall by the wayside.  It's not unusual to hear announced attendances of in the 20,000 range when the Sox are playing the "non-contenders" on the road but attendances of 30,000+ are the norm in Fenway.  It's human nature that people back a winner.  But what does that say for the future competitiveness of baseball? 

As I said, I admire him for representing his clients as well as he does (although I suspect his motives are more for himself than for the players since he most likely receives a percentage of their salary).  But on balance I see him as being a part of the group of agents, players, and owners, all of whom's greed is not good for the game. 

But... that's just me and since there's nothing I can do about it probably I should just Sealed and enjoy the fact that MY team is benefitting from it.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Igelsias signs with Scott Boras

In response to S5's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

I have very mixed emotions about Scott Borass. 

On the one hand nobody can deny that he's very good at what he does.  He usually gets top dollar for his clients which gives those clients a larger share of the baseball revenue "pie".  I see that as being a good thing because I believe the talent that drives professional baseball should be compensated for what they do.

On the other hand, I also believe that those large contracts he negotiates set the bar for every player and those contracts contribute to the high cost of fans attending a game whether it involves the ticket prices, the parking prices, the souviner prices or the cost of a hot dog or a beer.

What I see Borass as doing is contributing to an eventual disparity in competitiveness.  Those teams who can afford Borass's elite clients will flourish and those teams who can't will fall by the wayside.  It's not unusual to hear announced attendances of in the 20,000 range when the Sox are playing the "non-contenders" on the road but attendances of 30,000+ are the norm in Fenway.  It's human nature that people back a winner.  But what does that say for the future competitiveness of baseball? 

As I said, I admire him for representing his clients as well as he does (although I suspect his motives are more for himself than for the players since he most likely receives a percentage of their salary).  But on balance I see him as being a part of the group of agents, players, and owners, all of whom's greed is not good for the game. 

But... that's just me and since there's nothing I can do about it probably I should just Sealed and enjoy the fact that MY team is benefitting from it.    

[/QUOTE]

Greed is everywhere in a wordl run by the almighty dollar. Costs are high everywhere, in part due to greed.

I'm often dumbfounded as to why baseball players, agents, and owners are held to a different standard.

Sections
Shortcuts