Injuries continue to slam Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

Injuries continue to slam Yankees

Hey guys, first the Yankees blow a 4 run lead to the Sox last night and then are met with the news that Jobba the Hut suffered a potentially career ending injury. add in Jeter and Swisher's nagging injuries, Pineda ongoing struggles and the fact that Cashmans big free agent signing Raul Ibanez appears to be finished, things don't look good for the Yankees right now. They didn't even have enough healthy pitchers to finish the game last night. Still looking like a long year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Injuries continue to slam Yankees

"This one is finished, who else have we got that can swing a bat?"

"Hey, Andy is out of retirement...maybe Bucky Dent could do the same?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lardin. Show lardin's posts

First, who cares about the results of a spring trainging game? They are meaningless. 
    Second, If ibanez is a big free agent bust at the cost of one million dollars, what is Crawford? 
    Third. not one of their Major league pitchers pitched last night.

The Yankees have 7 legit major league starters,  6 of who have been all stars in their careers.  They have a deep bullpen, that will only get better when eventually Hughes ends up there and Ardsma comes of the DL. Yes, losing Joba hurts, but this is why depth is important.  This will give them three Allstar closers +Robertson and Hughes.  Not to mention their AAA rotation is stacked, and may end up being the best rotation in the minors .  They have offense, defense, a solid starting staff and a very good bullpen and depth.

The Sox have offense, defense, there front three starters are as good as anyone, they could have a very good bullpen if the Bailey and Melancon adjust like they are expected to.  What the Sox dont have is depth. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries continue to slam Yankees:
    First, who cares about the results of a spring trainging game? They are meaningless.  Second, If ibanez is a big free agent bust at the cost of one million dollars, what is Crawford?  Third. not one of their Major league pitchers pitched last night. The Yankees have 7 legit major league starters,  6 of who have been all stars in their careers.  They have a deep bullpen, that will only get better when eventually Hughes ends up there and Ardsma comes of the DL. Yes, losing Joba hurts, but this is why depth is important.  This will give them three Allstar closers +Robertson and Hughes.  Not to mention their AAA rotation is stacked, and may end up being the best rotation in the minors .  They have offense, defense, a solid starting staff and a very good bullpen and depth. The Sox have offense, defense, there front three starters are as good as anyone, they could have a very good bullpen if the Bailey and Melancon adjust like they are expected to.  What the Sox dont have is depth. 
    Posted by lardin

Don't try to be sensible here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries continue to slam Yankees : Don't try to be sensible here.
    Posted by nhsteven

Of course not, no one is sensible here.

Even the people who think they make sense, don't make sense....does that make any sense to you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries continue to slam Yankees : Of course not, no one is sensible here. Even the people who think they make sense, don't make sense....does that make any sense to you?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Makes sense

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

After four months of ChickenGate here anything that Beni says is a big improvement. Fact is many here enjoyed and condoned that nonsense when they really knew better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Injuries continue to slam Yankees:
    Hey guys, first the Yankees blow a 4 run lead to the Sox last night and then are met with the news that Jobba the Hut suffered a potentially career ending injury. add in Jeter and Swisher's nagging injuries, Pineda ongoing struggles and the fact that Cashmans big free agent signing Raul Ibanez appears to be finished, things don't look good for the Yankees right now. They didn't even have enough healthy pitchers to finish the game last night. Still looking like a long year.
    Posted by Smileys_Back
    having a bout of short term memory loss??....Wink

Re: We Shouldn't Worry About the Yankees

posted at 3/23/2012 7:59 AM EDT
    First: 3/8/2012
    Last: 3/23/2012
     although I agree that we shouldn't be worried about the aging Yankees

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

"This one is finished, who else have we got that can swing a bat?" "Hey, Andy is out of retirement...maybe Bucky Dent could do the same?"
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

psssst hey zillah! don't quote me but I heard a rumor that Joe was talking to cashman about possibly coming outta retirement and going to act as a player/manager. what say you T-baller? opps, that's Bill-806's line....Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperBenJI. Show SuperBenJI's posts

You Got Beni's /> Name... Avatar... etc. But you lack of his Great
    sense of humor. Am I right ?

By the way... The original Beni's last four digits NUMBERS are missing
    on your fraudulent account...

Nice cheap imitation though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Ok - so we have one Beni (SuperBenJI) calling the other Beni (Smiley's_Back) a fraud.

Meanwhile on another thread we have lowell talking to Fort Meade. Always an interesting conversation.

This is going to be a fun season. Kim - you want to know why some of us come here? I have never seen stuff like this on other forums.

30 minutes and counting to the start of the weekend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

You Got Beni's /> Name... Avatar... etc. But you lack of his Great sense of humor. Am I right ? By the way... The original Beni's last four digits NUMBERS are missing on your fraudulent account... Nice cheap imitation though.
    Posted by SuperBenJI

Hey imposter, everyone here knows I am the real smiley.  As for great sense of humor, you're appears limited to commenting on what other people are saying.  There is already someone here to do that.  Do everyonre a favor and bann yourself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries continue to slam Yankees : Hey imposter, everyone here knows I am the real smiley.  As for great sense of humor, you're appears limited to commenting on what other people are saying.  There is already someone here to do that.  Do everyonre a favor and bann yourself.
    Posted by Smileys_Back

Counter punch. Where is Kim when we need her?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperBenJI. Show SuperBenJI's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries continue to slam Yankees : Hey imposter, everyone here knows I am the real smiley.  As for great sense of humor, you're appears limited to commenting on what other people are saying.  There is already someone here to do that.  Do everyonre a favor and bann yourself.
    Posted by Smileys_Back

I Don't mind too see this guy using Beni's name, but not his
    picture. He went too far.

By the way... Smiley's last 4 digits numbers are missing on this
    fraudulent account.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

To both Beni's:

OK - will the real Beni please stand up.

What is Beni's favorite number? And finally, Beni spells my name a certain way - can you tell me?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperBenJI. Show SuperBenJI's posts

To both Beni's: OK - will the real Beni please stand up. What is Beni's favorite number? And finally, Beni spells my name a certain way - can you tell me?
    Posted by jesseyeric

Hey Jessy, the real Smiley got you on his ignore button.
    Am I right ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries continue to slam Yankees : psssst hey zillah! don't quote me but I heard a rumor that Joe was talking to cashman about possibly coming outta retirement and going to act as a player/manager. what say you T-baller? opps, that's Bill-806's line....
    Posted by Hammah29r2

The Big O likes it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I am no lover of the Yankees but they are getting real old fast. Jeter plays a demanding position at his age as well as ARod starting to break down from the steroids. They are asking a lot of Mariano at his age. Sabathia has an eating disorder that saw him weaken down the stretch. I am wondering if this is the year their ages all catch up with them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

First, who cares about the results of a spring trainging game? They are meaningless.  Second, If ibanez is a big free agent bust at the cost of one million dollars, what is Crawford?  Third. not one of their Major league pitchers pitched last night. The Yankees have 7 legit major league starters,  6 of who have been all stars in their careers.  They have a deep bullpen, that will only get better when eventually Hughes ends up there and Ardsma comes of the DL. Yes, losing Joba hurts, but this is why depth is important.  This will give them three Allstar closers +Robertson and Hughes.  Not to mention their AAA rotation is stacked, and may end up being the best rotation in the minors .  They have offense, defense, a solid starting staff and a very good bullpen and depth. The Sox have offense, defense, there front three starters are as good as anyone, they could have a very good bullpen if the Bailey and Melancon adjust like they are expected to.  What the Sox dont have is depth. 
    Posted by lardin

I thought Melancon looked good last night velocity on one pitch was 96 mph.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I am no lover of the Yankees but they are getting real old fast. Jeter plays a demanding position at his age as well as ARod starting to break down from the steroids. They are asking a lot of Mariano at his age. Sabathia has an eating disorder that saw him weaken down the stretch. I am wondering if this is the year their ages all catch up with them.
    Posted by AL34

They won 97 games last season with Nunez subbing for Jeter and Arod when they were out I expect better defense and production from him this season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I never wish injury on anyone, but I did say earlier that the Yanks were getting old, have had a long run of relatively good health, and might be due for more than their share this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucky-dent. Show bucky-dent's posts

What a dopey post smiley.who cares about a dopey preseason game. Idiot. Sooner or later the time will come but the sox haven't recovered from 09'! Yanks rip the soul from your club. Now you have almost a whole new club. And of course the vets with have this and that nagging. I just want to hear your take on juba.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Injuries continue to slam Yankees:
    Posted by Smileys_Back

A long year and another division championship for the Yankees.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Camelwalk, I read some of your threads and posts on the political forum yesterday. You were outnumbered 10-1 on your right wing hatred and some called the poster boy for being a concern troll. One poster completely undressed you and made you look silly and pathetic. What was your response? Stop it Pike? LOL, I have never posted or read the political forum until yesterday. You must really love annoying people. Look up the definition of a concern troll.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lardin. Show lardin's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries continue to slam Yankees : I thought Melancon looked good last night velocity on one pitch was 96 mph.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Yeah he looked good, but can he pitch in big pressure spots?  Pap and Bard could do that.  Can Bailey and Melancon do it?

Sections
Shortcuts