Injury Bug Threatening Sox Season, Again.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Injury Bug Threatening Sox Season, Again.

If you thought that the Sox were snake-bitten with injuries last year, this year might be just as bad, or worse. Last nights' injury to Jon Lester threatens to keep him out anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Doctors have yet to phantom what's wrong with Clay Buccholz's back. Dice-K is lost for the season, needing Tommy John surgery. John Lackey's having mental and elbow issues. Bobby Jenks hasn't been healthy all season. Carl Crawford is still on the DL. Youk is nicked up, but still playing: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/columns/story?columnist=edes_gordon&id=6741647

One has to wonder whether the Sox can patch their leaky ship enough to make it to the play-offs. Due to the aforementioned injuries, the Sox now appear to need to add a starting pitcher, and bullpen help. In addition, due to the ineffectiveness of JD Drew and the recently traded Mike Cameron, the Sox appear to have a gaping hole in right-field. However, the Sox do have the option of using Josh Reddick full-time in right. 

What would you recommend that the Sox do to hang with the Yankees in the AL East?     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Injury Bug Threatening Sox Season, Again.

Good thing they have Mr. potato-salad, waste-of-a-roster-spot Timmy Wastefield huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

In Response to Injury Bug Threatening Sox Season, Again.:
         If you thought that the Sox were snake-bitten with injuries last year, this year might be just as bad, or worse. Last nights' injury to Jon Lester threatens to keep him out anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Doctors have yet to phantom what's wrong with Clay Buccholz's back. Dice-K is lost for the season, needing Tommy John surgery. John Lackey's having mental and elbow issues. Bobby Jenks hasn't been healthy all season. Carl Crawford is still on the DL. Youk is nicked up, but still playing: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/columns/story?columnist=edes_gordon&id=6741647      One has to wonder whether the Sox can patch their leaky ship enough to make it to the play-offs. Due to the aforementioned injuries, the Sox now appear to need to add a starting pitcher, and bullpen help. In addition, due to the ineffectiveness of JD Drew and the recently traded Mike Cameron, the Sox appear to have a gaping hole in right-field. However, the Sox do have the option of using Josh Reddick full-time in right.       What would you recommend that the Sox do to hang with the Yankees in the AL East?     

Posted by TexasPat3

So are the sawx the only team that suffers from injuries?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I hope we are not going to start this "woe is us" crybaby stuff again.

If a team has adequate depth they should weather the injury storm.

This year's team has better depth than last year's team.

The biggest problem is there are two guys who apparently are not injured but they are playing worse than guys who are injured ( Lackey and Drew).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Injury Bug Threatening Sox Season, Again.:
    I hope we are not going to start this "woe is us" crybaby stuff again. If a team has adequate depth they should weather the injury storm. This year's team has better depth than last year's team. The biggest problem is there are two guys who apparently are not injured but they are playing worse than guys who are injured ( Lackey and Drew).
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Good point Zill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Lester's injury isn't very serious: he should only miss 1 or 2 starts, and I don't think he has missed a start since his battle with cancer, so he deserves a little rest. Obviously, I would like it if Lester were healthy, but he should be ready to go in about 2 weeks, which would only cost him 2 starts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Good point Zill.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

I'll second that and add

that I'm glad that we are the '' to old '' team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'd be willing to bet that Jon's lat pull is not as serious as everybody thinks. his last pitch was a really good slider to strike out the last guy and I think he did the right thing going to mike and telling him about the strain. he'll get some good treatment and along with the down time of the allstar break he should be just fine. I'm really hoping for some good news concerning Buch.

as for my buddy spaceman, you are a real pistol pal.........ya know that??? course you do....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Injury Bug Threatening Sox Season, Again.:
      Good point Zill. Posted by SpacemanEephus I'll second that and add that I'm glad that we are the '' to old '' team
    Posted by pinstripezac32

yeah, what gives zac?  Where are all the bum hips, all the hunched backs and the walking canes?  Must be all that Dominican "geritol" ... Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I heard Pedey stubbed his great toe, coming up the steps to the dugout. Out 4 to 6 weeks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

From the posts I've read above, no one is recommending that the Sox make any moves to compensate for weaknesses or injuries?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Right now most injuries aren't season endings like last year, Dice-K the obvious exception but his being injured is a plus in my book. No major deals have to be made a RH bat who can play right and front end bull-pen is what is needed. The Sox will be a wild card at the least and having the pitching healthy and rested is the priority.

Sections
Shortcuts