Injury-Prone Iggy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Injury-Prone Iggy?

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    early signs such as what?  A couple of errors when every play seemed to be at him in the alcs. 

[/QUOTE]

Now, now, steven, let's stick with the facts, please.

Iggy only started 4 games in the ALCS, and came in late for defensive purposes in the other two.

In 4 games plus a bit, he made 2 costly errors.  That's bad no matter how you spin it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to FajitaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did Iggy miss any game or even an inning in 2013 for the Red Sox? I don't think so.

Hfx must have something against Hispanics based on what I have seen with how a number of posters here treat others if they are anti-Ortiz.

[/QUOTE]

Please don't go there.  I have been accused of the same thing over some Pedro comments.  I was and am an iggy fan but different people see different things in a player.  Iggy is a great player with a huge enforsement from david ortiz.  That's all i need to know.  If some don't like him, I doubt anything but his stats are the reason why.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

Did Iggy miss any game or even an inning in 2013 for the Red Sox? I don't think so.

Hfx must have something against Hispanics based on what I have seen with how a number of posters here treat others if they are anti-Ortiz.

[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, race has nothing to do with one's opinion on a player.  For example, I'm Korean and I bet that Suk Min Yoon (whom the O's signed during this offseason) will be designated for assignment by July.   LOL

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Am I the only one wondering why his shins were never brought up before? Especially, since he was out during his time in the minor league for possibly the same ailment? For all the abuse Drew got for taking over his position, it appears we dodged a bullet there. You know, other than the bad plays in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]AGREE, never heard of this stuff as a Red Soxer !!

[/QUOTE]

They were never brought up before because shin splints are usually not that big of a deal.  If not on the field Iggy can still hit the weight room and still do light non impact cardio.  The Tigers knew every issue with Iggy and still signed him.

[/QUOTE]

Be warned that you travel down this path at your own peril.  Anything defending Iggy will be met with a barrage of posts from the water-carriers for the FO talking about what a great trade it was, how the team needed this trade to win the WS, and making a case that Iggy really isn't that good anyway. None of which are true IMO.

My opinion is that by 2016 Iggy will be firmly entrenched and playing a GG SS for some team and RS fans will be saying, "Why don't WE ever get players like that??" or "It MUST have been a good trade because we won the WS three years ago."

[/QUOTE]

Who would you rather have at SS-Iggy or Bogaerts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dad says that boy's got BAD SHINS !!!!

[/QUOTE]

This coiuld really out a hitch in that smooth gait as he sails across the diamond ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please don't go there.  I have been accused of the same thing over some Pedro comments.  I was and am an iggy fan but different people see different things in a player.  Iggy is a great player with a huge enforsement from david ortiz.  That's all i need to know.  If some don't like him, I doubt anything but his stats are the reason why.

[/QUOTE]

yep, and Hfx is a great guy... problably not even the slightest bit racist... but that is my point... don't talk bad about anyone unless they are white if you do not want to be called a racist in this board. 

[/QUOTE]

Do you still have your panties in a bunch because I called you a bigot after you started a thread calling Carl Crawford a Monday?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this obviously means we need to re-sign Drew for 17 mil  a yr x3!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Am I the only one wondering why his shins were never brought up before? Especially, since he was out during his time in the minor league for possibly the same ailment? For all the abuse Drew got for taking over his position, it appears we dodged a bullet there. You know, other than the bad plays in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

They were never brought up before because shin splints are usually not that big of a deal.  If not on the field Iggy can still hit the weight room and still do light non impact cardio.  The Tigers knew every issue with Iggy and still signed him.

[/QUOTE]

Be warned that you travel down this path at your own peril.  Anything defending Iggy will be met with a barrage of posts from the water-carriers for the FO talking about what a great trade it was, how the team needed this trade to win the WS, and making a case that Iggy really isn't that good anyway. None of which are true IMO.

My opinion is that by 2016 Iggy will be firmly entrenched and playing a GG SS for some team and RS fans will be saying, "Why don't WE ever get players like that??" or "It MUST have been a good trade because we won the WS three years ago."

[/QUOTE]

This is boring. If you don't thnk much of Iggy you are a water carrier for the FO. 

This might shock you, I think Iggy is overrated by many here. That has nothing to do with what the FO thinks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He did with Pawrtucket. He missed a lot of time. some with injuries and some because he threw a fit because he was sad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

Nothing Good ever comes out of Cuba

[/QUOTE]

Get me some of those terrible cigars !

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who would you rather have at SS-Iggy or Bogaerts?

[/QUOTE]

Drew.

I'd rather have Ozzie Smith, but he's not an option.  Of the options you presented I'd rather have Iggy, with Bogarts and Middlebrooks fighting for the 3B position.  That's a fight that Bogarts would win, as Ek would say, "just to stay loose". That would leave Middlebrooks as either trade bait or learing to play 1B.  I like 1B for him, but that's just me. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if Iggy is injury prone what does thgat make S DREW? An invalid?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Drew has had injury problems, of course.  He had the severe ankle injury that he got trying to score a run.  Last year he missed time due to 1) a concussion from getting beaned in the head; 2) a hamstring injury he got on a double.  So his injuries have been straightforward ones suffered in game action.

Iglesias' situation is different.  He's a 24-year old who has been shelved 3 times because of issues with his his shins.  That's a little unusual.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What does Drew have to do with Iggy?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to 37stories's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is boring. If you don't thnk much of Iggy you are a water carrier for the FO. 

This might shock you, I think Iggy is overrated by many here. That has nothing to do with what the FO thinks.

[/QUOTE]
    I apologize for not meeting your high standards for posting.  In the future please feel free to not read my posts or even put me on ignore.  Neither would break my heart.

This may shock YOU but there are many people throughout MLB who don't think runner-up ROY Iggy is overrated and I tend to put more stock in what they think than in what yahoos like you (and me) think whose credentials are that we post on BDC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]This may shock YOU but there are many people throughout MLB who don't think runner-up ROY Iggy is overrated and I tend to put more stock in what they think than in what yahoos like you (and me) think whose credentials are that we post on BDC.

[/QUOTE]

Against an extremely weak field, relatively.  The guys Iggy finished ahead of in voting were:

Chris Archer

Dan Straily

J. B. Shuck

Cody Allen

Martin Perez

David Lough

Finishing 2nd in ROY voting is not a very reliable indicator of future stardom.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

AGREE, never heard of this stuff as a Red Soxer !!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I apologize for not meeting your high standards for posting.  In the future please feel free to not read my posts or even put me on ignore.  Neither would break my heart.

This may shock YOU but there are many people throughout MLB who don't think runner-up ROY Iggy is overrated and I tend to put more stock in what they think than in what yahoos like you (and me) think whose credentials are that we post on BDC.

[/QUOTE]

stop being so passive aggressive. The point is what you and I think.  I don't post here to write about what other people think.

Lets both be brave enough to say what we think without saying "you think that because you carry The FO's water." 

It just cheapens your argument.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]This may shock YOU but there are many people throughout MLB who don't think runner-up ROY Iggy is overrated and I tend to put more stock in what they think than in what yahoos like you (and me) think whose credentials are that we post on BDC.

[/QUOTE]

Against an extremely weak field, relatively.  The guys Iggy finished ahead of in voting were:

Chris Archer

Dan Straily

J. B. Shuck

Cody Allen

Martin Perez

David Lough

[/QUOTE]

Oh, C'mon. That's a weak argument and we both know it!  Laughing

Regardless of who else was in the field, finishing as the second-best rookie is a better indicator of stardom than not being mentioned at all!

Give the guy a little credit.  It wasn't all that many months ago that the topic here was whether we could survive with a GG SS who was hitting <.250.  Now that's he's gone (and hit ~.300 last year) he wasn't all that good after all?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

AGREE, never heard of this stuff as a Red Soxer !!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

stop being so passive aggressive. The point is what you and I think.  I don't post here to write about what other people think.

Lets both be brave enough to say what we think without saying "you think that because you carry The FO's water." 

It just cheapens your argument.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  Non-passive/agressive reply, ok?:

First and foremost, I take offense at your calling my post "boring".  I understand that you don't agree with me but calling my posts boring puts me in the same class with Bill and THAT offends me! Smile

We all to some degree post about what other people think.  I think we can all say the same thing, that if we were good enough at recognizing talent we'd be ML scouts, so we put a lot of stock in what other, more qualified people say.  I rely on two things - other people's opinions and my two eyes - and when both things tell me the same thing I can't help but think I'm right.

There are people in RSN - and some who post here - who think that because the Sox won the WS in 2013 that Ben can do no wrong.  I'm not including you in that list.  That's your decision to make.  Those are the people I referred to as "water-carriers".  But I'm not one of them.  I think Ben did a good excellent job, but he's not infallible and when I disagree with what he does I'll say so.  Sometimes I'll be right and sometimes I'll be wrong, but I'll say so.

I can handle a difference of opinion but at the same time I expect other people to treat me the same as I treat them and their opinions - with respect.  Well...all but Bill. 

Fair enough? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Chris Archer

Dan Straily

J. B. Shuck

Cody Allen

Martin Perez

David Lough

[/QUOTE]

Oh, C'mon. That's a weak argument and we both know it!  Laughing

Regardless of who else was in the field, finishing as the second-best rookie is a better indicator of stardom than not being mentioned at all!

Give the guy a little credit.  It wasn't all that many months ago that the topic here was whether we could survive with a GG SS who was hitting <.250.  Now that's he's gone (and hit ~.300 last year) he wasn't all that good after all?

[/QUOTE]

Iggy's BABIP (.414) suggested a huge regression in the second half.  Which is exactly what we saw.

.235/.274/.306

Even the first half, he was hitting ground ball singles and blop singles.  He never really scortched the ball.

I'm not trying to bash Iggy...only suggesting that it is a real big possibility that he showed us one of his best offensive seasons already last year.

He turned back into a pumpkin last year in the second half and I don't expect him to show much improvement from that.  I think he will be a .650 OPS guy next year.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

1B is a waste of WMB athleticism.  Maybe one day it will be the best place for him, but that means his bat HAS to play.  The Sox are never going to give up on a guy like WMB this early let alone move him to 1B.

Yes I do have a biased towards giving the young guys a shot, but I also think it is painfuly obvious that this is the Sox F.O. plans as well.

Love em or hate em.....WMB and Bogaerts are your starting 3B and SS this year.

Sections
Shortcuts