Interesting Doubront Facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Interesting Doubront Facts

Of all the current players on the Red Sox 40 man Roster, Felix has the 6th highest team seniority behind Papi, Lester, Pedroia and Buchholz. Yet...

Lefthander Felix Doubront missed the cutoff for salary arbitration by two days. The service time record to qualify for arbitration will be two years and 122 days, the Associated Press reported. Doubront has two years and 120 days

Under the collective bargaining agreement, the top 22 percent of players by service time with at least two years but less than three are eligible for arbitration. They join the group of players with 3-to-6 years of service time.

There are 28 “Super Two” players. The Red Sox can now retain Doubront at a salary above the minimum they set for 2014. Doubront was 11-6 with a 4.32 ERA over 29 appearances and would have received significantly more via arbitration.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Interesting Doubront Facts

Let's do more Felix Doubront Facts.

Felix Doubront is so strong, he can punch a hole in thin air.

When Felix Doubront breaks a mirror, it gets 7 years bad luck.

Felix Doubront's first job was a paper boy.  There were no survivors.

No?  OK I can stop.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No?  OK I can stop.

[/QUOTE]

You are thinking about Alfredo Aceves, whose wereabouts are unknown, as he wishes them to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Where is Aceves? I liked him. Btw who's not keeping Doubront?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where is Aceves? I liked him. Btw who's not keeping Doubront?

[/QUOTE]

Be nice if Doubront would finally show up for ST in shape.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

was there ever any talk to why he showed up to camp out of shape? Don't get me wrong it was a concern of mine and something I don't want to see again but could there of been something else going on?

He could have been lazy....or perhaps he had more down time than usual due to a small injury.

Perhaps that is wishful thinking and regardless I hope the success he has this season motivates him to build on this foundation and come back more durable next year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If Doubront didn't hit the wall in August, he'd have ended up with much better looking numbers. Was the tough stretch conditioning-related or something else? We may never know.

The one thing that has always bugged me about Felix is his high WHIP. His career mark is 1.455, and he did slightly better this year at 1.429, but to become a true top of rotation pitcher, he needs to greatly lower that number.

He just turned 26, so there is still a lot of time to improve. He has some nasty stuff, so his upside potential is near limitless, but he needs to get control and maybe better conditioning could help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

BTW does the labor agreement allow for fitness incentives, such as coming to spring training at a certain weight, a target BMI, etc?  I think a fit Dubront would have been much more effective.  There's no denying his talent.

2013 World Series Champs, 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

was there ever any talk to why he showed up to camp out of shape? Don't get me wrong it was a concern of mine and something I don't want to see again but could there of been something else going on?

He could have been lazy....or perhaps he had more down time than usual due to a small injury.

Perhaps that is wishful thinking and regardless I hope the success he has this season motivates him to build on this foundation and come back more durable next year. 

[/QUOTE]

Farrell already stated that Felix will start his offseason program one month earlier that he usually does. That should solve this problem with him hitting a wall every year. In Aug and Sept is where you really see that offseason, and in season conditioning come into play.

He took that break and was throwing 94MPH the other night and looked crisp. With Buch always a potential hang nail away from the DL, they cant afford Doubie to come into camp looking like that again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doubront's history has been defined by a lack of motivation to do what is required to get to the next level. There is no doubt he is talent blessed. His problem to date has been his unwillingness to put in the work needed. In a word "lazy". His pitching coach has stated his youth sometimes gets in the way of his progress. That's a nice way of putting it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think one of the guys who regulary go that insitute in Arizona needs to invite Felix to come along....pitchers need to work their legs....weight can be overrated if you are strong enough to carry it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

OP--moonslav--is right.  Doubront will again be a terrific bargain in 2014.  Anyone who doubts his ability needs to relook his very recent stints as a reliever in the postseason and especially in the World Series.  Huge stage, and he definitely rose to the occasions. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OP--moonslav--is right.  Doubront will again be a terrific bargain in 2014.  Anyone who doubts his ability needs to relook his very recent stints as a reliever in the postseason and especially in the World Series.  Huge stage, and he definitely rose to the occasions. 

[/QUOTE]

True. Now, rise on the off season conditioning stage and come to camp next year as a fierce competitor looking to become our next ace!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell already stated that Felix will start his offseason program one month earlier that he usually does. That should solve this problem with him hitting a wall every year. In Aug and Sept is where you really see that offseason, and in season conditioning come into play.

He took that break and was throwing 94MPH the other night and looked crisp. With Buch always a potential hang nail away from the DL, they cant afford Doubie to come into camp looking like that again.

[/QUOTE]

Felix also said that after throwing in relief I think it was two days in a row he felt "sore". I hope the brief hiatus has fixed that. The Cards have problems with LHP and we may well need Doubront again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No?  OK I can stop.

[/QUOTE]

When Doubront jumps in a lake he doesn't get wet.....the lake gets Felix Doubront.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Let's hope we don't need to see Doubront tonight. Nothing against him at this point, but I only want to see Lackey and Uehara... maybe Tazawa.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's hope we don't need to see Doubront tonight. Nothing against him at this point, but I only want to see Lackey and Uehara... maybe Tazawa.

[/QUOTE]

I am thinking Lackey for 7, Taz and Uehara to finish off.

If Lackey is out at 6, then may be Workman for 7th ?

Doubront may have to be preserved if he is needed tomorrow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am thinking Lackey for 7, Taz and Uehara to finish off.

If Lackey is out at 6, then may be Workman for 7th ?

Doubront may have to be preserved if he is needed tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

Let's not have a tomorrow.

Sections
Shortcuts