Interesting interview with fired strength and conditioning coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Interesting interview with fired strength and conditioning coach

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21152541

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Interesting interview with fired strength and conditioning coach

In Response to Re: Interesting interview with fired strength and conditioning coach:
    [QUOTE]Very interesting. I would of course love to know who the 4 guys were. He is well spoken and is smart keeping the 4 guys in confidence. Thanks for posting.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I know it's common to want the player names...but if those 4 guys names were released to the media, those guys would be dead meat in Boston...and I don't think that serves anyone at this point.

The real question is what transpired on that team that caused those 4 guys to veer off course like that?? There's got to be something that we will probably never know. I refuse to think it had anything to do with beer and chicken!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting interview with fired strength and conditioning coach:
    [QUOTE]That leaves the world to throw darts at a dart board with a blindfold on. But if I can parse anything else from that I don't think Beckett was the starting pitcher. I base that on the fact that he lauded Josh's historical work ethic and mentioned that Beckett felt he was losing the battle with his weight. Weight for many men does become an issue as they hit their 30's so it would be a balance of work and diet and one Beckett was concerned he was losing. I doubt it was Lackey honestly, who was playing hurt or Buch was had micro fracture in his back. So that leaves Lester, Wake, Miller ....
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I doubt it was Lester, Katz. He owned up to the errors of his ways, but said he never missed a workout. Although Lester is a veteran, as referenced by Francona, my guess would be Wake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

who cares who it was - the entire team was in a funk...some were fat, some were lifeless, some were indifferent, and none of them had direction because of our weak manager...move on my friends and let's talk about 2012....we still have pedey, ells, agon, and youk to build a team around...and that aint bad.....now if the pitchers can tow the line once again...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

the bulpen guys are probably Jenks and Albers, youk or Drew the everyday player and Lackey is probably the starter they are talking about

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Very interesting. I would of course love to know who the 4 guys were. He is well spoken and is smart keeping the 4 guys in confidence.

Thanks for posting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

That leaves the world to throw darts at a dart board with a blindfold on.

But if I can parse anything else from that I don't think Beckett was the starting pitcher. I base that on the fact that he lauded Josh's historical work ethic and mentioned that Beckett felt he was losing the battle with his weight. Weight for many men does become an issue as they hit their 30's so it would be a balance of work and diet and one Beckett was concerned he was losing.

I doubt it was Lackey honestly, who was playing hurt or Buch was had micro fracture in his back. So that leaves Lester, Wake, Miller ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Very interesting. I would of course love to know who the 4 guys were. He is well spoken and is smart keeping the 4 guys in confidence. Thanks for posting.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I'm re-posting this because some how my response to you was put ahead of your post...BDC hiccup I guess...

I know it's common to want the player names...but if those 4 guys names were released to the media, those guys would be dead meat in Boston...and I don't think that serves anyone at this point.

The real question is what transpired on that team that caused those 4 guys to veer off course like that?? There's got to be something that we will probably never know. I refuse to think it had anything to do with beer and chicken!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

The bloated contracts have to be addressed.  Goldbricking players can't kill the goose that laid the golden egg once the contracts are signed. All teams should have the same standard language about conditioning and performance.
    It is coming out of OUR pockets Yell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting interview with fired strength and conditioning coach : I know it's common to want the player names...but if those 4 guys names were released to the media, those guys would be dead meat in Boston...and I don't think that serves anyone at this point. The real question is what transpired on that team that caused those 4 guys to veer off course like that?? There's got to be something that we will probably never know. I refuse to think it had anything to do with beer and chicken!
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]
    Maybe their million dollar paycheck bounced??Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]who cares who it was - the entire team was in a funk...some were fat, some were lifeless, some were indifferent, and none of them had direction because of our weak manager...move on my friends and let's talk about 2012....we still have pedey, ells, agon, and youk to build a team around...and that aint bad.....now if the pitchers can tow the line once again...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Approximately 95% of Red Sox Nation and 100% of the mild-mannered Boston media.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

One of them is Bard......I've heard he was out getting wasted the night before he pitched a number of times in September.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

How would Bard be out "getting wasted the night before he pitched" working out of the bullpen? he was available just about every game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

FloridaMike is

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

He was out drinking a lot in September. Some of the nights he drank he pitched the next day. I'm well aware what the difference between a starting pitcher and a bullpen pitcher is. I played the game.

He and Becket had to be carried out of a bar one night and Bard pitched against the Orioles the next day.

I heard it from the person who litteraly had to carry them out of the bar. That's a pretty good source don't you think my fren?

Did you see what happened to them in December. You find that this is hard to believe?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Need reps from AA and KFCA to travel with team, kinda like Narron travels with Hamilton?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]He was out drinking a lot in September. Some of the nights he drank he pitched the next day. I'm well aware what the difference between a starting pitcher and a bullpen pitcher is. I played the game. He and Becket had to be carried out of a bar one night and Bard pitched against the Orioles the next day. I heard it from the person who litteraly had to carry them out of the bar. That's a pretty good source don't you think my fren? Did you see what happened to them in December. You find that this is hard to believe?
    Posted by floridamike[/QUOTE]

Elaborate, what happened to them in December?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Great article. Very interesting. We're going to spend the next four months trying to connect the dots. I like this though, it was needed. Maybe now some of these guys do what they're supposed to out of embarrassment if nothing else. This team has a lot to prove for 2012, and that's a good thing. But it only confirms what we fans have been griping about for the last four seasons. This team has too many players that don't give full effort every night, and it finally caught up with them. Russian roulette.....BLAM!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Who knows, maybe you just might utter one positive thought on a gamethread next season. That would be a first.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Who knows, maybe you just might utter one positive thought on a gamethread next season. That would be a first.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

That you pike? I had plenty of positive posts, just none of them about you. Hehehehehe....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting interview with fired strength and conditioning coach : Elaborate, what happened to them in December?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Floridamike has been in the Delorian, we found the top of his cane. Next month Beckett and Bard will get into a drunken row with Francisco Cervelli and Rafeal Furcal at a Framingham Popeye's--"or so I heard".