Interesting stat on World Sries matchups...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Interesting stat on World Sries matchups...

The last 33 World Series have all featured different matchups.  That could end this year if the Cardinals and Tigers both advance and set up a rematch of the 2006 world series.  I find it amazing that there hasn't been a rematch in over 33 seasons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Interesting stat on World Sries matchups...

Also, this year is the first time in MLB history the last two World Series champions have met in the League Championship Series...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Interesting stat on World Sries matchups...

The reasons for different matchups are according to MLB design.

MLB does not want to have the same two teams all the time , even two year in a row would be bad.

Free Agency, Trade deadline deals, expansion and adding extra Wild Card teams geives them what the NFL has always coveted .... diversity. For ratings the T.V. networks love the big matket teams being involved, but for fan interest around the league , you know MLB would hate it if the same two teams played two, three or four years in a row in the WS.

I remember a few years back , I think it was 2006, a sportswriter wrote that the Red Sox and Yankees were in a position to dominate MLB and that these two teams ( mainly because of their spending power) would be on a regular rotation in the ALC. I found this to be totally crazy...and I commented on it. Being a sportswriter, he thought he was smarter than me. I told him , no way these two teams are in position to "dominate" MLB. Surely other teams would win and commented at how St. Louis had just beaten Detroit in the WS....so how is it domination when we have not seen anything even close to "domination" by either of these two teams?