Interesting stat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Interesting stat

We all think of Fenway as hitter-friendly.  I certainly do.  espn.com has a stat called "park factor," which compares how well the home team does at home vs on the road, and right now Fenway puts the Sox at 23d best on their home field.  Well, of course, you say.  Any dummy could have predicted that.

But here's the grabber.  Last year the Sox led MLB in OPS and runs scored, but Fenway Park was ranked just 20th in MLB in favoring the home team.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Interesting stat

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We all think of Fenway as hitter-friendly.  I certainly do.  espn.com has a stat called "park factor," which compares how well the home team does at home vs on the road, and right now Fenway puts the Sox at 23d best on their home field.  Well, of course, you say.  Any dummy could have predicted that.

But here's the grabber.  Last year the Sox led MLB in OPS and runs scored, but Fenway Park was ranked just 20th in MLB in favoring the home team.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what any of this  tells us

without considering several other factors including the sox pitching

but fenway has always been known as a doubles park

and it appears nothing has changed

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/doublesFactor

Sections
Shortcuts