Interesting Yankees info...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Interesting Yankees info...

Found these two in the most recent issue of SI.

1. Since taking Pettitte in the 1990 draft the two home grown pitchers with the most wins are Phil Hughes (56) and Joba Chamberlain (24).

2. Derek Jeter has played 2722 career games. Only one of them his team was not mathematically alive for the postseason. Sept 26, 2008. That's nuts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Interesting Yankees info...

gutsy thread

here's another one

Sweeny Murti ✔ @YankeesWFAN

This year's Nationals (3.46) and Yankees (3.40) are 1-2 in K/BB ratio in modern MLB history (since 1900) according to @EliasSports.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Here's another one:

The Yankees are lucky to be 6 games over .500 with their -26 run differential.

My man Pythagorus says they should be 6 game under .500.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Since taking Pettitte in the 1990 draft the two home grown pitchers with the most wins are Phil Hughes (56) and Joba Chamberlain (24).

2. Derek Jeter has played 2722 career games. Only one of them his team was not mathematically alive for the postseason. Sept 26, 2008. That's nuts.

[/QUOTE]

That is absolutely amazing.  I had to read that four times before the enormity of it sunk in.

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to S5's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That is absolutely amazing.  I had to read that four times before the enormity of it sunk in.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping there is more than one, before this season, and his career, ends. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

sounds like a quitter 2 me

My man Pythagorus says

still waiting 4 R favorite superstats girl to post

JBJ & ortiz's WAR 4 all us non believers ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's another one:

[/QUOTE]

I guess your man Pythagorus is a bit over rated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

The Yankee FO and their fans should be very happy they are still in the race after another bunch of poor signings of positional players and injuries like years past.  Tanaka looked like a good signing if he doesn't end up another Dice K and McCarthy is one guy I wanted the Sox to sign who has really helped keep them like Solarte, Headley and Gardner who I feel should be their MVP this season.  I said this before, I am truly amazed Cashman has kept his job in NY so long unless the Steinbrenner's have always been the ones really responsible for all the huge FA busts.  Regardless where the Yanks end up I will always respect Jeter and everything he has brought to the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

not as much as bill james

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's another one:

[/QUOTE]

Do you call him Pithy for short?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

not as much as bill james

[/QUOTE]

Now why would one say that about the man who practically invented sabermetrics?

I could see it if a Red Sox fan made some disparaging comment about a Yankee, but  Pythagorus was neither a Yankee or a Yankee fan, so why drag Bill James into this conversation?

[object HTMLDivElement]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's another one:

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately we're helping them stay in the race because we're out of it 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

still waiting 4 R favorite superstats girl to post

JBJ & ortiz's WAR 4 all us non believers ;-)

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. 

Are you aware that JBJ plays defense and that Ortiz does not, except for a handful of interleague games?

Do you agree that if their offensive numbers were identical, a good defensive centerfielder would be worth more than a DH?

Are you aware that WAR makes positional adjustments, because all positions are not created equal?

The positional adjustment for a DH is -17.5 runs per 162 games.

JBJ's value comes from his defense.  Ortiz' value comes from his offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pythagoras got the Yankees a little this weekend. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

My man Pythagoras is actually spot on.

The Yankees have done well pitching wise, but that still doesn't explain how they are 6 games over .500 when they've been outscored by 26 runs.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees have done well pitching wise, but that still doesn't explain how they are 6 games over .500 when they've been outscored by 26 runs.  

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's very easy to explain if one has a even a minuscule amount of math knowledge.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, it's very easy to explain if one has a even a minuscule amount of math knowledge.

[/QUOTE]

Enlighten me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Run differential is another tool in evaluating teams. But it does not tell you everything. Cumulative runs scored and given up can indicate a team's overall performance, but we need to remember that each game is a separate contest in it's own right. It has nothing to do with previous games played. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Enlighten me.

[/QUOTE]

OK. The team wins the close ones and loses the blowouts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

The SOX on the other hand have lost a lot of close ones and, also, lost a few  blowouts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oh you want fun facts about the team from da bronx do ya?

alrighty then.......

No team ever with a payroll over $200 million has been excluded from the playoffs - ever.  Except for the yankees.  More fun facts on that? They will do it 2 years in a row. You want more fun facts do ya? OK. These are the only 2 years in the entire history of the game where 33% (1 in 3) teams make the playoffs. 10 teams are invited. Yankees will be irrelevant for 2 years in a row. Isn't that interesting

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tell your friend the opposition ran the score up in a few games and the wins that the Yankees have had by and large have been by small margins due to good pitching and defense mostly from the pen.

Not luck. Look around the league there aren't many teams who have a set-up or closer who have been as effective as Betances and Robertson. Maybe they're lucky to have those two, both drafted by the Yankees.

If Betances comes into the game in the 7th or 8th with the lead they usually win.

Ask your friend why he didn't tell you about Shane Greene when he was in the farm system the Yankees don't have.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

OK. The team wins the close ones and loses the blowouts.

[/QUOTE]

OK, explain to me how a good team wins the close games, but then can't keep teams from blowing them out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh you want fun facts about the team from da bronx do ya?

alrighty then.......

No team ever with a payroll over $200 million has been excluded from the playoffs more than 2x. Both teams? The yankees. More fun facts on that? They will do it 2 years in a row. You want more fun facts do ya? OK. These are the only 2 years in the entire history of the game where 33% (1 in 3) teams make the playoffs. 10 teams are invited. Yankees will be irrelevant for 2 years in a row. Isn't that interesting

[/QUOTE]

How many teams have been in the race this far into the season with 80 percent of thier starting pitching gone on the DL by the all-star game? And then a replacement Phelps.

The replacements mostly through dumpster diving, McCarthy and Capuano.

Shane Greene a rookie has been pitching real well as well as Pineda since his return, Kuroda the old man the only one uneffected by injuries..

The pen is showing wear from too many innings though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Enlighten me.

[/QUOTE]

Give Booger a minute, while he takes his shoes off to continue counting...

Sections
Shortcuts