Interview Wallach and Ausmus and Pick the Best of the Two

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Interview Wallach and Ausmus and Pick the Best of the Two

Good candidates and the best part that differentiates them from Farrell, Hale and Bogar:

They are from outside the organization. Bring in someone young and fiery who comes in with no past history of anything to do with the Red Sox of 2010, 2011 and 2012.

And do it quickly. The Reds (assuming they lose) will be needing a new manager in about an hour.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Interview Wallach and Ausmus and Pick the Best of the Two

I like the  idea of interviewing both of these guys as they both come with high marks as far as readiness to become big league managers for the first time.

Both should get a good chance to showcase their philosophies and plans for the Sox in their interviews.

Unlike ADG, I do not see a problem with talking to the guys who coached with Francona, but I do not like the idea of giving Toronto any players of any magnitude for Farrell as not only is every player needed for possible roster spots or for possible trade but I am not sure that Farrell is the answer after his two years in Toronto. 

Bogar and Hale could be every bit as ready as Wallach and Ausmus, and they do already understand some of the pressures that a manager in Boston will have to endure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the  idea of interviewing both of these guys as they both come with high marks as far as readiness to become big league managers for the first time.

Both should get a good chance to showcase their philosophies and plans for the Sox in their interviews.

Unlike ADG, I do not see a problem with talking to the guys who coached with Francona, but I do not like the idea of giving Toronto any players of any magnitude for Farrell as not only is every player needed for possible roster spots or for possible trade but I am not sure that Farrell is the answer after his two years in Toronto. 

Bogar and Hale could be every bit as ready as Wallach and Ausmus, and they do already understand some of the pressures that a manager in Boston will have to endure.

[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, I don't want Farrell. He's not worth a dime.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Prefer Ausmus, since I think catchers make better managers on the whole.  But either one is a good pick.  I still think, though, that Arnie Beyeler proved he is an excellent manager of young players and shifting rosters.  I cannot think of a more perfect match for what the 2012 Sox portend to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ausmus...lets move forward

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Prefer Ausmus, since I think catchers make better managers on the whole.  But either one is a good pick.  I still think, though, that Arnie Beyeler proved he is an excellent manager of young players and shifting rosters.  I cannot think of a more perfect match for what the 2012 Sox portend to be.

[/QUOTE]

I think Beyeler would be a nice addition to the coaching staff...I really like the idea of Ausmus. He is well respected, has got his feet wet already with coaching, hes a local boy and was always known as a hard worker.

I also agree that catchers usually do make solid managers. They are used to running a game and being somewhat of a leader.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Hiring any manager is a crap shoot. how many in here thought it was great the Red Sox hired BV last december. Talent is always the key. I don't care how good the manager is if you don't have talent especially pitching the team won't succeed. Given the point that managers taht were catchers have success I agree. Look at Girardi and Melvin for example. Even though the A's just went out who would've thought they would be in the playoffs never mind winning the AL West. another former manager and catcher was Joe Torre. It's a crap shoot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I like the idea of a former catcher.  No other position sees the game laid out in front of them like they do.  Different approach to the daily activities of our pitching staff doesn't come from a former 2nd baseman.  Day to day with VTek using the same lingo having seen the game from the same approach.  Lot of up side.  I would think that unless he throwsup all over himself during the 15 day interview that the RS seem to run that Ausmus may be the way to go.

Can they even announce until after the playoffs?  I seem to remember some crap with ARod that changed an announcement rule, or was that just player transactions?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I totally agree with the OP with bringing someone young from the outside.

In the end I just hope the interviews are just a formality and they already have their candidate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I agree, either one would be a good choice...forget the Farrell thing and get this wrapped up quickly. The difference between one potential manager and the next isn't going to make or break this team (as long as it's not another train wreck like Valentine).

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I totally agree with the OP with bringing someone young from the outside.

In the end I just hope the interviews are just a formality and they already have their candidate.

[/QUOTE]

I fear they are a formality, but that they have already decided on Farrell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I was hoping that the A's eliminate the Tigers so that the Red Sox can make Leyland an offer he cannot turn down. 

Boston's offer to Leyland

• Season tickets to the Patriots and Celtics
    • Free lobster sandwiches and clam chowda for life
    • $3 million a year

Sections
Shortcuts