Irabu found dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe-------------------. Show -TheBabe-------------------'s posts

Irabu found dead

Espn reports that former Yankee pitcher has been found dead in his CA home at age 42.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Irabu found dead

Did U Kill him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Irabu found dead:
    Espn reports that former Yankee pitcher has been found dead in his CA home at age 42.
    Posted by -TheBabe-------------------
    i had the tweet, i was hesitant to post it here...i didn't know he was living in LA... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Hung himself. That's terrible news. It's shame that things get so bad for some people that they resort to this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

The "hyphenators" hyphens had a lot to do with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Irabu found dead:
    Hung himself. That's terrible news. It's shame that things get so bad for some people that they resort to this.
    Posted by bald-predictions
    aren't the Japanese big on "honor" in life or something like that?..in terms of suicide i mean..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

You are correct Jete. Kamakazes in WWII as an example, the multitudes of Japanese that committed suicide rather than surrender during our blitzing of the Pacific Islands are just two examples. Hari-Kari has been a part of that culture for centuries. And yes, "honor in life" is HUGE. Sorry to hear about all this, with all due respect, however, literally I have never even heard of the guy and frankly feel as though this topic should be on CNN or MLB.com, NOT on this board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Irabu found dead : aren't the Japanese big on "honor" in life or something like that?..in terms of suicide i mean..
    Posted by jete02fan

He was having visions of being a kamikaze pilot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Here's a news report on it.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former New York Yankees pitcher Hideki Irabu was found dead of an apparent suicide in the wealthy Los Angeles suburb of Rancho Palos Verdes, authorities said Thursday.
    The body of Irabu, 42, was found at 4:25 p.m. PDT Wednesday, county sheriff’s Sgt. Michael Arriaga said.
    “He was found dead by an apparent suicide,” he said.
    Irabu lived in Rancho Palos Verdes but it was not immediately clear whether it was his home, the sergeant said.
    Other details were not immediately released.
    Messages left at the county coroner’s office were not immediately returned.
    In May 2010, Irabu was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol in the Los Angeles suburb of Gardena.
    Police said he was stopped after his car drifted outside of traffic lanes and he nearly collided with a parked car.
    He posted $5,000 bail but it was not immediately clear whether he was criminally charged.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

so sad.. guess he was trying to channel his inner amy winehouse!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

I wonder if the "Fat Toad comments" had any long term lingering effects on his self esteem?   It is very sad in any case.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

I guess they ought to bury him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

guess mods didnt like my grim reaper pool idea... anyways, i think unfortunately this is how manny ramirez may go out. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He was not ethically Japanese. He was Okanawin and American.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

guess mods didnt like my grim reaper pool idea... anyways, i think unfortunately this is how manny ramirez may go out. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I would be beyond shocked if Manny took this own life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

He was not ethically Japanese. He was Okanawin and American.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5

he may not hav been ethnically japanese but he certainly ETHICALLY acted japanese by commiting harikari for all that free money he took from the yanks to the point of stein calling him the fat fuc-kin toad.

just tryin to lighten things up with ths. seriously, its sad whenever a man feels so much pain and desperation as to find suicide and all the pain it brings to those still living as the only way out. that he ws only 42 is revealing. assumed he was much older. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Oh is this the make fun of the dead guy and predict future suicide room? My bad, wrong door.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I hate to admit this, but I have to agree with my nemesis.
    This is really in bad taste.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Did U Kill him?
    Posted by nhsteven

Nice time for a freakin joke man....what if that were your dad or your brother ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Irabu found dead : He was having visions of being a kamikaze pilot.
    Posted by nhsteven

Another idiotic statement

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sad...imagine feeling so helpless you off yourself...happens so much and it is still so unreal that people do it - especially a former mlb guy who no doubt made lots of cash and didnt have to work ever

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe---------------. Show -The-Babe---------------'s posts

Did U Kill him?
    Posted by nhsteven

Nice....this coming from what you consider a "classy poster"......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Irabu found dead : You really are a piece of shyt
    Posted by -The-Babe---------------

My feelings exactly!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Irabu found dead : You really are a piece of shyt
    Posted by -The-Babe---------------

In 6 years I have been banned ZERO times; how many times have you been banned? Hundreds, maybe? More? Why is that? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

WOW!!!!   :(

Quite a few tasteless & classless comments by a number of people I would not necessarily expect to say such things???

This is a VERY SAD STORY! 

NOT every post should become fodder for mindless wrangling!  Some of you should be ashamed!!!  I'm ashamed you're on this board!

MAN!!!  First day back from vacation in Boston, & I have to return to this garbage...

Great time in Boston!  Of course I picked the 14 inning debacle as my game to see....  I should get a mulligan!  Still...... It was a blast!!!  My wife talked Soria into giving her his warm-up ball :)  NO />>>  She wouldn't let me throw it back :(

Sections
Shortcuts