Irabu found dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Irabu found dead

In Response to Re: Irabu found dead:
    In Response to Re: Irabu found dead : You really are a piece of shyt
    Posted by -The-Babe---------------

Actually, I've thought it over, and I'm wrong, that was uncalled for, and I apologize. I have no idea what I was thinking. Shame on me. My bad. No excuses. However, given your posting standards, I suggest you just chalk me up as a dumb broad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

sad...imagine feeling so helpless you off yourself...happens so much and it is still so unreal that people do it - especially a former mlb guy who no doubt made lots of cash and didnt have to work ever
    Posted by georom4

Well put....  It's hard for most people to understand feeling this hopeless...  Some poor souls just can't see a "way out" of whatever is dragging them down!  It should be a time for reflection & thinking about how we can help those in our lives who are "DOWN....."   NOT a time for "MINDLESS & THOUGHTLESS" jokes or jibes!!!!!!

GET A GD clue!!!  some of you....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   WRONG TIME for the pathetic arguments back & forth by some of you!!!!!

LOOK UP THE WORD NARCISSIST!!!!

This is not about you!!!!  or your pathetic little feuds!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BOTH SIDES!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

sad...imagine feeling so helpless you off yourself...happens so much and it is still so unreal that people do it - especially a former mlb guy who no doubt made lots of cash and didnt have to work ever
    Posted by georom4

That's not true, Geo.
    Baseball can be a labor of love, but don't kid yourself. It's hard work and the pressure is immense.

Steve: That last post of yours took character.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Irabu found dead : That's not true, Geo. Baseball can be a labor of love, but don't kid yourself. It's hard work and the pressure is immense. Steve : That last post of yours took character.
    Posted by harness

Good reminder!  These are just regular guys (many just "kids") who happen to be MLB players, with the same problems as the rest of us...

BTW.....   Great movie to rent this summer...   Fear Strikes Out
    About Red Sox Pitcher Jimmy Piersall.....
    starring Anthony Perkins & Karl Malden

One of my All Time favorite movies!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah. FEAR STRIKES OUT showcases the pressure element. One of the best baseball films I've ever seen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

yeah, great film, haven't seen it in a long time, thanks for the reminder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think this thread should be terminated. I do not have any idea why he would take his life, it could have been for 1,000 reasons. Japanese people, especially successful ones, have been known to commit suicide when they feel they have dishonored themselves, family, or someone important to them.

I wonder why Hideki did this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You probably answered UR own question.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

To know, know, know him, is to love, love, love him. 
    Posted by billbyboy

The makers of that hit record was likely a liberal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

guess mods didnt like my grim reaper pool idea... anyways, i think unfortunately this is how manny ramirez may go out. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

People's criticsms of Manny generally centered around their perceptions that he didn't care enough (or as least as mcuh as they did).  Ibrau had the whole cultural weight on his shoulders thing going when he got to New York.  Seems like two different personality types if we are just comparing perceived "baseball mentalities."  Don't like to see anyone (other thana truly heinous individual) take their life.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe--------. Show The-Babe--------'s posts

In Response to Re: Irabu found dead : That's not true, Geo. Baseball can be a labor of love, but don't kid yourself. It's hard work and the pressure is immense. Steve : That last post of yours took character.

Posted by harness

No, harness, it would have taken character if he just admitted to being wrong. To admit to being wrong and then to try to minimize it by calling my posts in to question shows that nhstephanie has no character....or spine for that matter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

People from Okinawa are of Japanese blood going way back. RIP Hidecki.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

my sincere condolences to his family. Nobody out there in the world knows what makes someone resort to taking their own life. I had a next door neighbor who was young with 3 children and a husband that had a very successful construction business. she came home one day to find him dead in the bathroom from hanging himself with his belt. we just don't know why these things happen, they just do.

again, I am so sorry for his family.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

In Response to Re: Irabu found dead : Nice....this coming from what you consider a "classy poster"......
    Posted by -The-Babe---------------

I agree, this coming from steve who like to criticize others for harmless ribbing

Sections
Shortcuts