Is anyone happier than me today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Is anyone happier than me today?

And before those who don't appreciate me start at it, let me just remind you that you won't have to hear me bash Beckett or Crawford (or Drew) ever again - so you should be happy too!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Is anyone happier than me today?

Are you happy the Red Sox will be just as bad as the lowly Royals & Padres for years to come ? Being happy Beckett is gone is one thing, but did they have to give away the best hitter ? Also, are you happy with the 5 no names the Sox got in return?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone happier than me today?:
    [QUOTE]Are you happy the Red Sox will be just as bad as the lowly Royals & Padres for years to come ? Being happy Beckett is gone is one thing, but did they have to give away the best hitter ? Also, are you happy with the 5 no names the Sox got in return?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! I want to hear what players the Sox are going to get with all this new found money that is going to make this team significantly better? Please give us some specific players the Sox get?.....The Sox farm system blows and there is also no guarantee that these "top" prospects they got will turn out to be anything...Ha... trust me this is at least a 3 year project and lets see how you happy faces are doing when the Sox suck for the next 3 or more years ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I am not really happy that the Sox are not going to be contender for the next couple years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I am not really happy that the Sox are not going to be contender for the next couple years.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Sad but very true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Are you happy the Red Sox will be just as bad as the lowly Royals & Padres for years to come ? Being happy Beckett is gone is one thing, but did they have to give away the best hitter ? Also, are you happy with the 5 no names the Sox got in return?

They could not have dealt JB and CC w/o giving something up.

They have huge financial flexibility, will get younger, and have cleaned out the bad blood. 

And guess what???  They were the WORST TEAM IN BASEBALL WITH ADRIAN GONZALEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will be a much better team next year IF Ben continues the good work:

*  Resign the guys who contributed this year:  Ortiz, Ross, Padilla, Morales

*  Deal for the missing Ace

*  Secure Mike Napoli

*  Continue to focus on drafting starting pitching

It's not that hard to be better next year.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Andrew,

I am not surprised.  It is true to who you've been on the forum.  After all, you were glad to claim the failure of the Sox last year.

But our man Moon is nearly as glad as you are ... and I consider him wise and well balanced.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone happier than me today? : Sad but very true.

Hellooooooooooo

They haven't BEEN a contender in 3 years and the course we were on would have been much longer

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone happier than me today? : They could not have dealt JB and CC w/o giving something up. They have huge financial flexibility, will get younger, and have cleaned out the bad blood.  And guess what???  They were the WORST TEAM IN BASEBALL WITH ADRIAN GONZALEZ!!!!!!!!!!!! They will be a much better team next year IF Ben continues the good work: *  Resign the guys who contributed this year:  Ortiz, Ross, Padilla, Morales *  Deal for the missing Ace *  Secure Mike Napoli *  Continue to focus on drafting starting pitching It's not that hard to be better next year.........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Do you really think Ortiz and Ross will want to re-sign with this team after this debacle. IMO this was not sending a very positive message to any player considering signing with the Sox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone happier than me today? : Do you really think Ortiz and Ross will want to re-sign with this team after this debacle. IMO this was not sending a very positive message to any player considering signing with the Sox.

Do you really think either one would take less money to play elsewhere?

If anything the trade makes Boston a better place to play - they cleaned up the toxicity.  And if a guy doesn't want to come here because they can't handle the pressure and the rules, then see ya! 

Do you think Damon wanted to cut his hair and conform and go to da bronx?  Of course not.  Do you think once he saw the $$$ and 0's he cared about those other factors?  Obviously not.

It's the money.  These guys would play at the South Pole if there was an extra 1% in it for them!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone happier than me today? : Hellooooooooooo They haven't BEEN a contender in 3 years and the course we were on would have been much longer Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

And that will continue for at least the next 3 years... so make a deal for an Ace... what Ace?  Sign Napoli? He had one good year last year .... draft pitchers?  shouldnt they have been doing that already?

Lets just see who you start ragging on next year and the next few years after that...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE] they cleaned up the toxicity.  Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Not so Andrew ....

There are 2 more venues filled with it - media and fans ....

Not all, but then not all the players were ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Andrew,    I am not surprised.  It is true to who you've been on the forum.  After all, you were glad to claim the failure of the Sox last year.   But our man Moon is nearly as glad as you are ... and I consider him wise and well balanced.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    Which perplexes me as well, yaz....I can understand that Red Sox fans want to look on the bright side, but all I see is that they are entering the lets-give-away-our assets-for-the-sticks-and-straw (what they got back for all these big-time players from Youk to A-Gon)-rebuilding-project, the Long Bridge years, so that John Henry's accountant can finally sleep at night and John Henry himself can avoid taking any big losses down the road.....In a year's time, before the month of August 2013 is over, at least half of the "How did this brilliant ownership pull off this miracle of nearly gutting this Red Sox team and giving away all these good players without getting any major pitching prospects in return?" crowd will be bemoaning this Black Friday or Sell-Out Saturday...And then the RSN fan base will be trying NOT to turn on the remaining Titanic crew members......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Is anyone happier than me today?:
    [QUOTE]And before those who don't appreciate me start at it, let me just remind you that you won't have to hear me bash Beckett or Crawford (or Drew) ever again - so you should be happy too!!!!!

Until next season when someone posts how we should have kept Crawford, and when Beckett starts off 7-0 in LA, and when someone reflects how Drew wasn't all that bad of a contract after all. The old arguments are always there for the taking.   ;-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone happier than me today? : Which perplexes me as well, yaz....I can understand that Red Sox fans want to look on the bright side, but all I see is that they are entering the lets-give-away-our assets-for-the-sticks-and-straw (what they got back for all these big-time players from Youk to A-Gon)-rebuilding-project, the Long Bridge years, so that John Henry's accountant can finally sleep at night and John Henry himself can avoid taking any big losses down the road.....In a year's time, before the month of August 2013 is over, at least half of the "How did this brilliant ownership pull off this miracle of nearly gutting this Red Sox team and giving away all these good players without getting any major pitching prospects in return?" crowd will be bemoaning this Black Friday or Sell-Out Saturday...And then the RSN fan base will be trying NOT to turn on the remaining Titanic crew members......
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]I've been following your posts pretty closely since the trade was first rumored. So I realize you hate, but I like it for a few reasons. First of all, it really seems like my favorite team has had more than its fair share of quitters, especially since September. I'm not saying that Adrian and Carl are quitters, far from it. But a message needed to be sent to the team that no one is untouchable and quitting won't be tolerated. Second, this team was really put together with the idea of going for it all in 2011 and 2012. That didn't happen so the carmine hose were facing the reality of being on the hook for big money for players who are already past their prime. I'm not saying the Sox couldn't afford these guys, but if you're going to stay somewhere near the Luxury Tax, your GM is really going to have to go through some serious contortions to field a competitive team while carrying these kinds of contracts. Third, I really like the Red Sox minor league talent and will be very excited to see some of these kids play. Then again, I tend to look at the positive side of everything but politics. Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'm glad they got rid Beckett, no question. CC never seemed to be a good fit and his contract was an albatross. Agon was a solid player but I would gladly let him go to get rid of the other two. Please people stop saying the Sox will become the Padres & Royals thats just silly thinking and being dramatic. Also there's been people already speculating about players in the future not wanting to come here. Money talks and the Sox will keep spending it. Today they hit the reset button

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone happier than me today? : Not so Andrew ....     There are 2 more venues filled with it - media and fans ....    Not all, but then not all the players were ...
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Couldn't be more right. And think the toxic attitude with the fans and media was 1000-times more than it was with the players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone happier than me today? : Couldn't be more right. And think the toxic attitude with the fans and media was 1000-times more than it was with the players.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]If I were a Red Sox player, I wouldn't even talk to the Boston media.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

I'm happy they're being proactive. Things aren't working out and as long as they had those contracts they didn't have a lot of wiggle room to improve things. They could've sat back, kept everyone, and just hoped next year turned out better than this year...but they didn't, they're doing something to improve the situation, even if it makes things worse in the short term. And really, will it make things worse? Beckett has been horrible. Crawford has been horrible and/or hurt. They're worse today on paper, but on the field they're not so much worse off than they were yesterday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

maybe these guys are happier than you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

and of course Bill and his little buddy 2004 are happier

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JetsMangione. Show JetsMangione's posts

Now they have a TON of holes to fill, including pitching. What makes you think that they are going to spend money anyways? The roster is going to be filled with guys like Nava ect... average to below average players. After the most recent disaster who would want to  sign here? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone happier than me today? : I've been following your posts pretty closely since the trade was first rumored. So I realize you hate, but I like it for a few reasons. First of all, it really seems like my favorite team has had more than its fair share of quitters, especially since September. I'm not saying that Adrian and Carl are quitters, far from it. But a message needed to be sent to the team that no one is untouchable and quitting won't be tolerated. Second, this team was really put together with the idea of going for it all in 2011 and 2012. That didn't happen so the carmine hose were facing the reality of being on the hook for big money for players who are already past their prime. I'm not saying the Sox couldn't afford these guys, but if you're going to stay somewhere near the Luxury Tax, your GM is really going to have to go through some serious contortions to field a competitive team while carrying these kinds of contracts. Third, I really like the Red Sox minor league talent and will be very excited to see some of these kids play. Then again, I tend to look at the positive side of everything but politics.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    I understand where you are coming from carnie, but I do not think this ownership gives a rat's glass about the future of the franchise...If they did, they would not have given away Youk for nothing and these players today for peanuts...If I was a Red Sox fan I would flip...If they had gotten a number of bona fide pitching prospects, it would be one thing...But Rubby De la Rosa is the haul?...That is insane...I do hate it carnie because I think JH beleives Red Sox nation will put up with 3 or 4 years of not being a contender...I doubt he is worried that a lot of decent potential FA's (like Moon's fave James Shields) just might not want to come to Toxic Town with its impatient fan base and all the fishbowl media scrutiny involved with Boston...How long will RSN accept fighting to stay out of 4th place and pass the Orioles...? Simply put, I think the way Larry L. and company have handled this as hatchet  men for JH is a disgrace for a once-great franchise...I mentioned already that this all reminds me of the movie Margin Call, with the sequel about John Henry and his Liverpool-related (a once proud EPL football franchise sinking fast) financial woes to be entitled, "Bad Call" ...See the movie, monsieur....I am sorry I am so so negative about this, but I do believe that so many of the fans here (except for a significant number like Since Yaz, slomag etc.) are in a state of denial, living in a baseball fantasy trade world where all this freed up dinero will be used to brilliantly rebuild the franchise...This group of John Henry stooges could not get James Shield in a trade if they offered Middlebrooks, Ciriaco, Lavarnway and Bucholz...They would have to throw in Salty for good measure...And then the Rays would toss them back a AA utility player hitting .250 to make it all fair and balanced...Just like the "miracles" Ben C. has pulled off so far...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]and of course Bill and his little buddy 2004 are happier
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]Your GOSH Darn right !!!!    Dad & Bill-806 are thrilled !!!!!