Is anyone honestly worried about this team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Is anyone honestly worried about this team?

One of the most knowledgeable and well-respected voices of this forum is chiming in on his views of this Red Sox team.

This team is finally starting to turn the corner due to the starting pitching and a few bats coming alive.  Gotta love it.

2007 Beckett is back and Lester has done what Lester has done for the past few seasons.  Buchholz will get back on track as his stuff is there.  Lackey and Dice-K remain major question marks but I don't think it's out of the question that they at least position the Sox to win most of their starts.  Overall, the 1-3 should be right up there as one of the best in baseball... and when I say one of the best I mean the only team on their level is the Phillies.

Ellsbury is producing but not in the way the Sox expected him to.  I fully expect him to revert back to his "on base" over "out of the park" attitude.  Crawford has been a major disappointment so far, but I still think this guy has too much pure talent to not figure this thing out.  Either way, the fact that these two combined are hitting like .160 along with the loss of speed on the bases this has led to pretty much sums up why the Sox are 8-11 and not 15-4.  Gonzalez hasn't even come close to hitting full potential yet... In total that's 3 of their top 6 hitters that are yet to hit full potential.

The bullpen has had its ups and downs.  For the most part, it seems to be okay.  There are some question marks in the middle but with the depth (Hill, Miller, Atchinson, Duckworth) that the Sox loaded up on in AAA, I'm comfortable placing my bet in that one or two of those guys will pan out and be a contributor at the Major League level.  The major story is that Papelbon appears to be back and Bard (despite a few struggles) has held down the fort in the 8th.

Lets see the Sox make this a 4-1 West Coast trip and continue chipping away at what will soon bee a division lead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Is anyone honestly worried about this team?

I stopped reading after the first line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Actually Harness, what he wrote was good and true..I agree that the first line is a deterrent, but his analysis is spot on and fair.
    SPC; I think they will still win 95+ games. when they start running on all cylinders, this team has the very real potential to dominate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone honestly worried about this team?:
    I stopped reading after the first line.
    Posted by harness

not me i thought it was going to be a five katz or 791 post

will RSN be celebrating being 500

I mean

will RSN be celebrating being 500 out loud where we can

all see it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone honestly worried about this team? : not me i thought it was going to be a five katz or 791 post will RSN be celebrating being 500 I mean will RSN be celebrating being 500 out loud where we can all see it
    Posted by pinstripezac32

I will  be because you have to get to .500 firdt and go from there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I am not worried about this team.  This team is going to get even better than they are now.  Wait till Youkilis and Crawford start hitting again. 

The only thing I am worried about is the potholes in Mass.  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

NOT ME!

(Re: Is anyone honestly worried about this team?)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I was never worried about this team, but then I don't worry about anything except having a good time.Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was never worried.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Actually Harness, what he wrote was good and true..I agree that the first line is a deterrent, but his analysis is spot on and fair. SPC; I think they will still win 95+ games. when they start running on all cylinders, this team has the very real potential to dominate.
    Posted by southpaw777

Thanks southpaw!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

i dont worry about anything

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts