Is Bailey back in pawtucket?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Is Bailey back in pawtucket?

Seriously - is this china doll EVER going to pitch? 

He has 3 appearances.  1/3, 2/3, 1/3 innings pitched for a grand total of 2 innings.

I thought he was "nasty"??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Is Bailey back in pawtucket?

In Response to Re: Is Bailey back in pawtucket?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Bailey back in pawtucket? : Let's have an arcane sabrmetric debate.   Never mind that China Doll is not so nasty and Reddick has 25 HRs.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Bailey is not the Sox biggest problem, and Reddick is not the solution.  Probably not even part of it.

Yes, he has 25HRs.  But his peripherals are weak, he strikes out a lot, and has never been much for plate discipline.  On the other hand, he is hitting for power in Oakland, and has one ofthe best arms in the OF in all of MLB (Maybe top ten?)

I liked Reddick, and was one ofthe few standing by him when others wanted him gone and called him "Hillbilly Josh" (which I thought was you, but maybe it was that other Ghost name.)  But the reality is, he is not irreplaceable, and the Sox really needed pitching badly after last September, and Bard has proved to be more problem than solution himself (in a move I HATED).

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE] called him "Hillbilly Josh" (which I thought was you, but maybe it was that other Ghost name.)   It was snakeoil, who hates stupid hillbillies.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]As far as I know, the only person who hates hillbillies here is you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Have you stopped capping on Johnny Pesky yet?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Bailey back in pawtucket? : Let's have an arcane sabrmetric debate.   Never mind that China Doll is not so nasty and Reddick has 25 HRs.

Right, baseball economics without standards is better.

In Boston, Reddick would be a smaller chunk of offense and payroll.  Would he be a bettrer player?  Or a wrose one?  Or the same?

In Philly, he's be a bigger chunk of offense and a small fraction of payroll.  Would that make him a better or worse player?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]As far as I know, the only person who hates hillbillies here is you Since I'm the hillbilly that evoked his hatred towards hillbillies, that makes you an idiot. I love hillbillies, who are a lot smarter than the resident corpseman.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]Excuse me, I'm the hillbilly here. And I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you love hank.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Bailey back in pawtucket? : Right, baseball economics without standards is better. In Boston, Reddick would be a smaller chunk of offense and payroll.  Would he be a bettrer player?  Or a wrose one?  Or the same? In Philly, he's be a bigger chunk of offense and a small fraction of payroll.  Would that make him a better or worse player?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Reddick is 25.  TWENTY FIVE.

He has more upside.  Dumping a min salary guy who hits 25 HRs for Sweeney (horrible - no upside) and the China Doll?  Yes - the money is part of it.

For some reason people think Reddick is done improving at 25 (at 180 lbs).  They also thought he was done improving at 24 (at 170 lbs).

I hope you aren't among that group. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Bailey was ELECTRIC tonight.  He is nasty!!  I am forgetting all about Reddick's 25 HRs. Bailey was nearly unhittable. Very exciting.

You are really starting to seem unhinged.  The Reddick Bailey trade has nothing to do with what happened this season.

Bailey is an excellent relief pitcher.  You're starting to seem ignorant and not worth discussing things with.  Reddick accounts for 20 percent of Oakland's offense?  Bailey gives up a run and you mock his abilities even though he has always been excellent?  You really didn't know anything about him before this year did you?

why are you so angry?

Calm down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Bailey back in pawtucket? : Thank god he's signed. With those #'s he would double his pay thru the MLB arbitration system.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAH +2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Bump.

Was this thread really from just three days ago? 

Oh wow.  Bailey is good and is now the closer.

Who would have guessed?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

did i just hear that josh reddick i second in assists????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]did i just hear that josh reddick i second in assists????
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Reddick is good.  This thread isn't about Reddick.  It is about a guy 3 days ago freaking out about how Bailey was a china doll and couldn't pitch in games and wasn't playing on purpose.

The Red Sox have their closer for next year and he is cheap and affordable.

Oh how horrible.  Boo Hoo.

Sections
Shortcuts