Is Bailey getting called up today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Is Bailey getting called up today

What exactly are the Sox waiting for? 

How many rehab appearances does this guy need?  He pitches an inning at a time.  Can't Bobby V figure that out?  He could have just as easily pitched the 7th inning with the big club yesterday, instead of the 1.1 innings he pitched in Pawtucket.

The management has absolutely no sense of urgency at all. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Is Bailey getting called up today

Hope it's soooooooon !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's had set-backs.

He'll be up when ready.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Scumpeter feels as if he has a better understanding of when Bailey is ready from 2000 miles away.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Is Bailey getting called up today:
    [QUOTE]What exactly are the Sox waiting for?  How many rehab appearances does this guy need?  He pitches an inning at a time.  Can't Bobby V figure that out?  He could have just as easily pitched the 7th inning with the big club yesterday, instead of the 1.1 innings he pitched in Pawtucket. The management has absolutely no sense of urgency at all. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

It's not Valentine's call.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Is Bailey getting called up today:
    [QUOTE]He's had set-backs. He'll be up when ready.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

He hasn't had set backs since he started rehabbing.
    6IP 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10K

I'm guessing he's up for the Baltimore series.
    The bigger question I have is if the bullpen is toast, why not get an extra arm and just put Doubront on the DL. They are going with a short bullpen again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]He's had set-backs. He'll be up when ready.

That is right.  But who get to go if he is call up?  That is the problem!!!  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Andrew Bailey crossed another item off his rehab checklist, pitching 1 1/3 innings and retiring all four batters he faced, one on a strikeout. In three appearances in Triple-A, he’s allowed just one baserunner (on an opposite-field single) and no runs while striking out four. In six total rehab appearances, he’s given up one run in 6 1/3 innings with 10 strikeouts, one walk and six hits allowed. Barring a setback, the Red Sox expect to activate him from the DL on Tuesday in Baltimore.

By Alex Speier

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

There is no rush to call him up....better he is completely healthy and is here for good when he is called up. I think the Sox need to start thinking about calling back up Bard and calling up Prior also. Bard, so he can get his confidence back vs Major League hitters and Prior to see if he has anything left at the ML level....I agree Doubront ought to be shut down....he seems spent and the only bad things can happen when that occurs. To be able to make good offseason moves, we need to know what we possess in house.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He hasn't had set backs since he started rehabbing.
    6IP 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10K

I'm guessing he's up for the Baltimore series.
    The bigger question I have is if the bullpen is toast, why not get an extra arm and just put Doubront on the DL. They are going with a short bullpen again.

I could be wrong, but I thought he started rehab, shut it down for abit, then started up again. Maybe I confused him with one of our other hundred players on and off the DL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]He hasn't had set backs since he started rehabbing. 6IP 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10K I'm guessing he's up for the Baltimore series. The bigger question I have is if the bullpen is toast, why not get an extra arm and just put Doubront on the DL. They are going with a short bullpen again. I could be wrong, but I thought he started rehab, shut it down for abit, then started up again. Maybe I confused him with one of our other hundred players on and off the DL.

No you are right.  He did shut it down.  But he has not shut it down since he actually started pitching in games. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bailey's anticipated start of a Sox career...August

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Instread of rehabbing the thumb, he better have spent plenty of time running drills and practicing the fundamentals of the proper way for a pitcher to cover first base....you'd think they knew that you run parallel with the line and the runner and not directly across the bag and through the path of the runner.....the root cause of the problem needs to be addressed otherwise he is sure to hurt himself again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Instread of rehabbing the thumb, he better have spent plenty of time running drills and practicing the fundamentals of the proper way for a pitcher to cover first base....you'd think they knew that you run parallel with the line and the runner and not directly across the bag and through the path of the runner.....the root cause of the problem needs to be addressed otherwise he is sure to hurt himself again.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

You think?

The guy has been pitching since little league I am sure and it has never happened before.  I would hate to be trapped inside of your mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Bailey's anticipated start of a Sox career...August
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Better late than never. Curious to see how he does

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Certainly there is no urgency in calling him up on an off day.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Apparently so, ghost. Just received the bleacher report, via email.

Sox to activate Andrew Bailey from DL tomorrow. He will be available to pitch out of the bullpen

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Name Aceves 7th starter today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In other news, Red Sox Management including John Henry, Tom Werner, Larry Luchino and Ben Cherrington spent the entire weekend formalizing a strategy to make the playoffs.  I read it and it even gets my approval! The only problem is that it is an 8 week plan and they won't be ready to launch it until August 15th.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Does it really matter if Baily is called up at this point ? Who really cares ? I thought Ellsbury was fragile, this guy is ridiculous. Oakland robbed the Sox on that trade. Reddick is having a career year & the Sox get stuck with damaged goods.

Sections
Shortcuts