Is Cherington going to pull the trigger on anything?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Is Cherington going to pull the trigger on anything?

I don't think the issue is an unwillingness to part with prospects or trade chips.  The issue is finding a good deal that actually improves the club.  They could bolster the rotation if they brought Masterson back, but there aren't many viable, on-the-market starting pitching options that would be much of an upgrade over what the Sox have right now.  And, offensively, the needs are not as great.  Yes, if they could get Pence, I would be all for it.  But beyond Hunter Pence, again, who is out there that is worth parting with good prospects for?  Who is a tangible upgrade from present roster members?

I am all for making moves.  But, not just for the sake of making them.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Agreed Space, which is why I think the Sox wait until the off season to make any significant changes.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I predict NO big moves today.  Now that's based off of all the blog/twitter whispers etc etc.  In reality we don't know how this Sox F.O. may operate.  If I recall the Adrian Gonzalez and Crawford trade/signing came out of nowhere.  

A lot of the "lack of information" may be from the Sox deciding on being sellers or buyers.  

I won't be surprised to see Shoppach go....if the Sox feel that Lavarnway is at least strong enough to play "back up" then his time may be now.  Especially considering Shoppach is drawing interest.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Aviles traded and plugging up short with Ciarco/Iglesias

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Is Cherington going to pull the trigger on anything?:
    Hunter Pence is a bum. There is a reason why he's in the Philly dumpster.
    Posted by TrotterNixon

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/28687/hunter-pence   

Not.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: Is Cherington going to pull the trigger on anything?:
    The Red Sox have so many players of atleast some potential value, that I would be disappointed if Cherington does nothing. There are trades to be made that could help this team right now, in the future, or both, and would do little to hurt the MLB roster or the minor league system. Whether Cherington is buying or selling, I feel there are deals to be made either way.
    Posted by soxforlife22

great question..... What if the trade was made for a player who could help sox. But that player does nothing? Who do you blame??? Theo ???..Nobody on this board has a clue.....SO EASY ON THIS SIDE.........

Sections
Shortcuts