Is Ciriaco Injured?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Is Ciriaco Injured?

I just want to know if anyone knows.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Is Ciriaco Injured?

I'm perplexed as you, softy. I just don't get BV.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Didn't Ciriaco show he can handle SS? Didn't he have 3 games in which he's delivered either the game-winning hit or the lead?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Do you get NESN pregame out there in LA?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i do at home, but I'm at work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NO, just playing behind Avilies...........   What a mess !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bill, me and softy...this is like my Dinner with Andre the Giant and Hannibal Lechter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Well including tonight, Aviles is batting almost .500 (6-for-13) with a four-game hitting streak and has played solid defense.

He has earned the job with solid steady play all season. Yes, he's had some blips defensively as all shortstops have, but so has Ciraco.

Aviles should get more respect. He's not an overpaid veteran, he plays hard and he has had clutch hits and has played above average defense on the whole.

He's the exact opposite of the overpaid entitled player that everyone complains about yet he still gets no respect.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Avilles is having a fine game tonight. Put aside your forum identity and ego and just enjoy the game.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured?:
    [QUOTE]Bobby is under orders from bean counter Cherry to get Aviles ready for the waiver or winter wire trade market. The focus is on bean counting, with winning baseball games as a secondary factor.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Right.  Gotta move that lofty $1.3mill, and get the payroll down to a much more respectable $176.7mill.  That's the goal.  $176.7mill.

Aviles is a utility infielder, same as Ciriaco.  These guys are as much non-tender candidates as they are trade candidates...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured? : Right.  Gotta move that lofty $1.3mill, and get the payroll down to a much more respectable $176.7mill.  That's the goal.  $176.7mill. Aviles is a utility infielder, same as Ciriaco.  These guys are as much non-tender candidates as they are trade candidates...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

...and just like softy was trying to blame 2011 on our 6th starter and back-up catcher, now he's setting up an offseason obsessive rant about the vast differential between Ciriaco and Aviles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The spark is what I like in Ciriaco. Aviles has done well under the circumstances and offensively for the team overall.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured? : ...and just like softy was trying to blame 2011 on our 6th starter and back-up catcher, now he's setting up an offseason obsessive rant about the vast differential between Ciriaco and Aviles.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Well, I look at it this way.  It's nice of him to switch his targets around every now and then.  Otherwise fans might forget all about Wakefield and Varitek if he wasn't the only person on Earth still talking about them.  And what with the likelihood of Ellsbury being dealt this winter, he needs to line up next season's whipping boys already...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I especially was touched by Softy's apology to Tim Wakefield. It is supposed to make up for the some 5,000 posts he used just ridiculing him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's almost getting to the point where I'd rather see Pedro in there over Pedey altough after last night Pedey gets a stay of execution.......But if you have Pedey batting 3rd, you simply can not be a good offensive team......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

PS - Same thing for Tazawa over Beckett or Lester - who would have thought that Morales and Tazawa have better stuff???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The argument should be having Ciriaco play and sit Kalish.  Kalish hasn't done anything to play over Ciriaco.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Mitch, why did you think of John Lackey?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]The argument should be having Ciriaco play and sit Kalish.  Kalish hasn't done anything to play over Ciriaco.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Can Pedro play Right Field?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Mitch, why did you think of John Lackey?
    Posted by Fenwayjimy[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, what about Lackey?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]The argument should be having Ciriaco play and sit Kalish.  Kalish hasn't done anything to play over Ciriaco.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I have never understood the "man crush" on Kalish. He's shown some decent promise, but many here saw him as our starting RF'er this year if he was healthy day 1. I don't get it.

Remember, softy was all over this guy much in the way many were all over Jake early in his career. Now, silence of the clown front.