Is Ciriaco Injured?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Re: Is Ciriaco Injured?

In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured?:
    In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured? : I'm sorry, what about Lackey?
    Posted by andrewmitch

Beckett, Lester, and Crawford in your opinion do not live up to your expectations and aren't worth their salary. What about Lackey? Has he met your expectations with his performance per his lucrative contract?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured? : I have never understood the "man crush" on Kalish. He's shown some decent promise, but many here saw him as our starting RF'er this year if he was healthy day 1. I don't get it. Remember, softy was all over this guy much in the way many were all over Jake early in his career. Now, silence of the clown front.
    Posted by moonslav59

The man crush is based on scouting reports and his productivity in the minors and how well he did with boston in 2010.

Even this year at AAA he is hitting 307 with a 922 OPS.  He is 24 years old and missed a season and a half with injury.  

I think you will understand the man crush in due time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured? : Beckett, Lester, and Crawford in your opinion do not live up to your expectations and aren't worth their salary. What about Lackey? Has he met your expectations with his performance per his lucrative contract?
    Posted by Fenwayjimy

Beckett hasn't lived up to his contract but he has lived up to my expectations because I didn't except anything from him at this point (ie I never would have extended him).  Having said that, his contract now isn't a completely disaster (just 2 years and 2 months left) and I do like to hoard pitching.

Lester's contract is fair but he is pitching way below expectations. 

Lackey's contract - I was in favor of it...I wouldn't have paid quite that much...We have him for 3 years years at like 35 million so it's not outrageous (thanks to the injury clause; without the injury clause this contract would be a bust).  I still have some hope for him.  And I never expected him to be an Ace.  I thought he'd be behind Buck, Lester, and Beckett (in that order).....

The wild card w/ these guys is their attitutudes.

Crawford can never live up to the contract - the jury is already back on that one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured? : Can Pedro play Right Field?
    Posted by andrewmitch

No, but Ross does and Ciriaco can DH correct?

It's been:
    Ross DH
    Kalish RF
    Aviles SS

It can be:
    Ross RF
    Ciriaco DH
    Aviles SS

Correct?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured? : I have never understood the "man crush" on Kalish. He's shown some decent promise, but many here saw him as our starting RF'er this year if he was healthy day 1. I don't get it. Remember, softy was all over this guy much in the way many were all over Jake early in his career. Now, silence of the clown front.
    Posted by moonslav59

moon - From what I've seen so far, he looks to be a AAAA player. That may be a function of his injury, but toughness and grittyness only goes so far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i'd rather it be--Ciriaco,SS; Aviles,3b when Middlebrooks is struggling; Ciriaco,SS, Aviles,DH when Aviles is hitting; Ross, RF, never DH. That means no Kalish.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

At this point does it really matter?

Pedrioa is your #3 hitter.  Even in a good year he isn't a 3 hole hitter.  And this year?  Well, on a good team he'd be batting 7-8-9th.....and this your #3 hitter...How many more HUGE RED FLAGS do you need to see??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Ben proabably pulled a Billy Beane and told BV to put Aviles back at SS

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ciriaco kinda looks like Edgar Renteria.  
    Posted by Ice-Cream

Merton Hanks of the 49'ers

or Willie McGee........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, Aviles cheerleaders are running away like rats.
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Dude, try and keep up. Ciriaco should have been playing instead of Punto...

NOT AVILES!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by TrotterNixon

Iggy cheerleaders don't exist anymore and now pretend they were for Ciriaco all along.

Funny stuff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ciriaco Injured?:
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Iggy cheerleaders don't exist anymore and now pretend they were for Ciriaco all along.

Funny stuff.

What's even funnier is that softy thinks Ciriaco's 119 career PAs spread over 3 ML seasons is enough to think this guy can hit. (He has 2 BBs in 119 career MLB PAs.)

Forget the 1,080 AAA PAs with a .265 BA and .281 OBP.
      (Remember, he called Aviles a AAA player because he has a .285 OBP in MLB, does that make Ciriaco a AA player for having a .281 OBP in AAA?)

Forget that Ciriaco has played in parts of 8 seasons in professional ball. Yes, over 3,500 PAs (about 7 seasons of 500 PAs each). These are his minor league numbers:

,272/.299/.357/.656

Now, I'm fine with a great fielding SS, who may not hit well. I was for Iggy this spring, before I realized Aviles was a much better fielder than advertized, but let's not kid ourselves. We should be riding Ciriaco's hot streak for all it's worth. He should have played instead of Punto last night. But, he will come down to earth someday, and all the posters who claimed Iggy shouldn't play because he can't hit, will be jumping of Pedro's bandwagon as quick as they jumped off Mike's or Iggy's.

Sections
Shortcuts