Is Crawford still a bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

Is Crawford still a bust?

Are people finally going to give him a chance to shine?I think he is showing he is a very good player.He has a hurt shoulder and is still producing.All i say is forget the size of the contract and root him on.my dad says Gonzalez is actually hitting for power with 13 homeruns and almost 40 doubles.Give them a break.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Is Crawford still a bust?

I mostly just think we need him to play as well as he can.  I didn't like the signing, but that doesn't really matter.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

He's not going anywhere, unless the Sox pony up big time, somewhere around 12 mil per year to the team he is traded to. That is a lot better than the figure would have been 2 months ago. He's here, to stay hopefully he continues to show some of his former prowess. Is he a bust? without a doubt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

LOL ...a very good player, for only $20 million per year. Imagine how much they'd be paying him if he was great. Makes JD Drew look like bargain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Have any of you HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY Crawford lovers watched him play LF?
    He stinks! Can't go back on balls hit over his head. Can't cut balls off hit down the line. Can't throw.
    How the hell did this guy ever win a Gold Glove?
    Wish they'd trade him for Jason Werth. At least Werth has a cannon, and can play all OF positions. He's over .300 on a first place team.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Yes, you can throw up watching Carl Crawford play LF.
    Does anyone with a brain really think this guy is worth 20 million a year?
    He IS a bust, without question.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

other than the fact  his salary goes toward the payroll, I don't care how much he makes, if he produces. He'll never live up to the amount of the contract or live down the performance, in relation to it. If he plays to his capability and contributes to the overall good of the team, I can live with the signing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We can just hope that he stays healthy, plays well and helps the team win. The contract was a huge blunder, but there is no sense to continue crying about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Not a bust...yet.  It's only year 2 of 7.  Give the guy a little time.  He's not going anywhere so we better get used to it.  Lately he's been stinging the ball at the plate.  I gotta agree though, his defense leaves something to be desired.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Of course.  He can never live up to the contract.  And being MIA for multi years makes it that much harder to even come close. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

Yes. Playing well for a few games does not make-up for last year or prior to these last few weeks.
    As far as giving him time in his 7 year contract, usually a players abilities will decline over the years. These are suppose to be the better years of his contract. He as a bust as soon as the Sox agreed to overpay him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

he's CRAWSOME! i love his tude, to me a guy being marred by unavoidable injuries can never be a bust. i'll save that for a jd drew or dice k! the man clearly wants to play, not living off his laurels... last year was just one out of 7.. too early.. clearly he's getting measured in.. cc will be in the league mvo discussions in 2014! he's a keeper, a good guy to build around. leads by example. loved that steal last night.. just CRAWSOME!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

He will NEVER live up to that contract.

But I blame Theo for that....It's good to see him playing well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

31 year old and a speed guy, with a 7 year contract.
    CRAWFUL!
    Thanks for nothing, Theo!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I do wish we could just move on from this tedious subject.  I do not believe I am on any shaky ground when I say that 100% of everyone here, regulars or non-regulars, agree that Crawford will never live up to his contract.  So, can we just call it a GIVEN that he is a 'bust' in this regard?  

Then we can move on to actually analyzing/critiquing/appreciating/denegrating his actual performance, which is more interesting than re-stating what we already know and no one disputes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Is Crawford still a bust?:
    [QUOTE]I do wish we could just move on from this tedious subject.  I do not believe I am on any shaky ground when I say that 100% of everyone here, regulars or non-regulars, agree that Crawford will never live up to his contract.  So, can we just call it a GIVEN that he is a 'bust' in this regard?   Then we can move on to actually analyzing/critiquing/appreciating/denegrating his actual performance, which is more interesting than re-stating what we already know and no one disputes.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Fine by me but only after everyone on here admits in writing that he's a bust.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

With Melky Cabrera being suspended for 50 games. and the Giants in the pennant race, and needing a bat. I wonder if the Giants might be interested in Crawford. That could be a solution.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Since it is unrealistic of the Red Sox to make the playoffs this year, Crawford should just get surgery now and get ready for 2013. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

The Giants are definitely interested in Elsbury, moving either Crawford or Els would be a good move. Els because they are going to lose him anyway, that could change however if they move Crawford. I think they could sign Els if they dump Crawford. The problem is of course at what cost. BC should be on the phone to the Giants and see if there is a possibility, the Giants would have to be the team with the greatest need, at the moment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Is Crawford still a bust?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Crawford still a bust? : Fine by me but only after everyone on here admits in writing that he's a bust.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Herewith, the undersigned doth give full admission to the little disputed notion that one Carl Crawford is, and ever shall be, a bust (here defined as one who doth not perform up to the level defined by the amount designated in the player in question's contract), thereby affirming one Andrewmitch's redundant and already unanimously agree-with assertion

Spaceman Eephus
    Et Al (heretofore defined as the rest of the BDC board)

Now, can we get on with it?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts