Is Crawford still a bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Re: Is Crawford still a bust?

In Response to Re: Is Crawford still a bust?:
    [QUOTE]LOL ...a very good player, for only $20 million per year. Imagine how much they'd be paying him if he was great. Makes JD Drew look like bargain.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

What the RS are paying him isn't really the point any longer.

Crawford is a very good player but not a great player.  He's a 12-14 million a year caliber player.  If one is a GM and thinks he has to have Crawford because he's the last piece to make a team a WS team then maybe 15 million a year.  The problem is Epstein offered 20 mil a year.  And to date the only thing that he's done wrong is accept it, . and try too hard to earn it.  

He clearly was pressing last year which was likely the cause for his off season.  And, it seems he got hurt this off season by going too hard too early.  He compounded that by trying to come back too soon.  If you read between the lines the guy wants to play hard and earn his keep which is commendable.  Keep in mind that there are another 5 years on this contract and he could, and I think will in time, revert to the old Crawford.  But regardless the RS overpaid for him so accept him for the player he is, .. not the player Epstein thought he'd evolve into.  In the end Crawford is still a very good player.  It's not like he went all "Chone Figgins" and just went off the cliff.

The ironic thing is that the Nation is up in arms because of the perceived notion that the team has too many high priced players that don't care.  Clearly, to me anyway, Crawford isn't one of them.  I think Crawford is as frustrated as the Nation.  If I were a card carrying member of the Nation I would reserve judgement on Crawford because I think he'll bounce back.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Crawford still a bust? : Herewith, the undersigned doth give full admission to the little disputed notion that one Carl Crawford is, and ever shall be, a bust (here defined as one who doth not perform up to the level defined by the amount designated in the player in question's contract), thereby affirming one Andrewmitch's redundant and already unanimously agree-with assertion Spaceman Eephus Et Al (heretofore defined as the rest of the BDC board) Now, can we get on with it?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

go back and read what I wrote...i said EVERYONE ON THE BOARD, not just you....but that's a nice start....let me know when you've collected all of the signatures.......until then, let the bashing continue......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Crawford still a bust? : go back and read what I wrote...i said EVERYONE ON THE BOARD, not just you....but that's a nice start....let me know when you've collected all of the signatures.......until then, let the bashing continue......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]Like it would stop then. You started in on Crawford as soon as your other favorite whipping boy retired.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Crawford still a bust? : Like it would stop then. You started in on Crawford as soon as your other favorite whipping boy retired.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I started well before that....but get the signatures and I'll hold up my end of the deal. (You know have my word in writing).......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Crawford still a bust? : go back and read what I wrote...i said EVERYONE ON THE BOARD, not just you....but that's a nice start....let me know when you've collected all of the signatures.......until then, let the bashing continue......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I thought you would accept my et al as a sort of class action sign off.  Sorry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

His contract will surely be a bust if they don't go ahead and get his surgery done. If they wait until October, then he won't be ready until May, at best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Crawford still a bust? : I thought you would accept my et al as a sort of class action sign off.  Sorry.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

naw, I appreciate the effort but do you think the other posters will agree to something they didn't sign off on?  you know these boards better than that....