Is De La Rosa as good as he looks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Is De La Rosa as good as he looks?

I have to say I am very impressed. Last year I was thinking his ceiling was a middle reliever, now he looks like a top of the rotation guy.

I am not one of those that wants this team to try and do something to compete. If anything I wish they would bring up Renaudo and Webster. this team has no bats, but it has young arms. I can't remember this many good young pitchers being around. Next year the rotation could be Lester Renaudo, De La Rosa, Workman, and Webster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Is De La Rosa as good as he looks?

Yes, he reminds me a of a better version of Livan Hernandez. Sky's the limit...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Go young baby!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

His numbers are good, but I like his stuff better--hard fastball and a variety of breaking balls, all of which he is willing to throw.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

He is a good looking prospect that the front office will now demoralize by sending him back to AAA just to appease Buchholz.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

yes but if he wants to be a starter he needs a better 3rd pitch (ie his curveball)

right now, i see middle relief with a strikeout fastball and a change up to keep the hitters honest/off balance

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Is Douby as bad as he looks? YES to both questions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is a good looking prospect that the front office will now demoralize by sending him back to AAA just to appease Buchholz.

[/QUOTE]

If the FO sends Rubby down with a bum like Doubront still up, than that would confirm what a bunch of idiots they really are. I mean they're already idiots; this would just make them bigger idiots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, he reminds me a of a better version of Livan Hernandez. Sky's the limit...

[/QUOTE]

A big Yes, count on him in the 2016 win it all race

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya he has looked for the most part, had 2 games that were not so good, but has bounced back. He should remain in the rotation over doubront without question. Doubront has stunk it up all year and looked no better his last start. (not to mention his velocity was noticeably down) I would even go as far as to say rubby should stay over workman for 1 big reason, he actually pitches deep into games. In 3 of his 5 starts he has pitched 7 innings. Workman through 5 starts has maxed out at 6.2 innings pitched and in 3 of his 5 starts he’s pitched 5.1 innings or less. Thats not acceptable for a starter. Everytime he starts he puts a lot of pressure on the pen, not what you want out of a starter. I would put workman in the pen and DL mujica. (let him sort out his struggles) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

And is Workman as good as HE looks! I've watched both for every inning they have pitched and the improvement is quite dramatic!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The A's might be an excellent trade partner for the Sox.

Lackey has been amazing this season and he is very strong in Oakland. With his contract and withe number of Sox players BB has obtained it may be time the Sox get something back from the A's. Not sure what we could get for him but it would be more than we could get for just about anyone on our team. Donaldson might be more than we could expectl but he would be a great target. It might take Coyle/ WMB/ or Cecch in addition to Lackey.

BB is too shrewd to accept Felix or Buch as the centerpiece for Donaldson. If not Donaldson some other power hitting player to extend our order.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lackey has been amazing this season and he is very strong in Oakland. With his contract and withe number of Sox players BB has obtained it may be time the Sox get something back from the A's. Not sure what we could get for him but it would be more than we could get for just about anyone on our team. Donaldson might be more than we could expectl but he would be a great target. It might take Coyle/ WMB/ or Cecch in addition to Lackey.

BB is too shrewd to accept Felix or Buch as the centerpiece for Donaldson. If not Donaldson some other power hitting player to extend our order.

[/QUOTE]

Why would the SOX trade their best starting pitcher? Also, the words Felix and centerpiece should never be used in the same sentence. Doubront has no trade value, period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why would the SOX trade their best starting pitcher? Also, the words Felix and centerpiece should never be used in the same sentence. Doubront has no trade value, period.

[/QUOTE]

Bogie one thing about Baseball pitching and more so LH Starters are in demand. Now there is a guy by the name of Mills that was picked up by the A's last Wed. and he started against the Sox held them to 3 runs Thurs.

Felix may not be much in your eyes but to a guy like Billy Beane he may look at talent a little differently especially if he can get a player like Cecch and another prospect for a guy that may cost him some big money soon. It probably won't happen but Donaldson would be a strategic pick for the Sox. BB may not be even willing to trade  Donaldson for Lackey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bogie one thing about Baseball pitching and more so LH Starters are in demand. Now there is a guy by the name of Mills that was picked up by the A's last Wed. and he started against the Sox held them to 3 runs Thurs.

Felix may not be much in your eyes but to a guy like Billy Beane he may look at talent a little differently especially if he can get a player like Cecch and another prospect for a guy that may cost him some big money soon. It probably won't happen but Donaldson would be a strategic pick for the Sox. BB may not be even willing to trade  Donaldson for Lackey.

[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right about Doubront, because there is no one on the SOX I want to see gone more than that guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right about Doubront, because there is no one on the SOX I want to see gone more than that guy.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, we've noticed, believe it or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Rubby's biggest problems where his control, and a consistent 3rd pitch.  His slider can be a plus pitch but he hasn't been consistent with it.  His fastball/changeup combo is so good he could be an effective starter without one, but he has been throwing his slider with much more consistency this year and his changeup is just devastating.

As far as I'm concerned the only worry I'd have with RDLR, is how someone with his structure would hold up as a starter over the long haul. 

But yes, Rubby is as good as he looks.  It's not like the F.O. and scouts didn't know that talent was there, he just got injured and recovering from injury can take some time, especially when that time is cut into your developmental time. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, we've noticed, believe it or not.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for noticing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rubby's biggest problems where his control, and a consistent 3rd pitch.  His slider can be a plus pitch but he hasn't been consistent with it.  His fastball/changeup combo is so good he could be an effective starter without one, but he has been throwing his slider with much more consistency this year and his changeup is just devastating.

As far as I'm concerned the only worry I'd have with RDLR, is how someone with his structure would hold up as a starter over the long haul. 

But yes, Rubby is as good as he looks.  It's not like the F.O. and scouts didn't know that talent was there, he just got injured and recovering from injury can take some time, especially when that time is cut into your developmental time. 

[/QUOTE]
    Good observation ctredsox.
    Re: his structure--we only need to look at the "rotund" Bartolo Colon. He had somewhat of an interesting career. "El Tiante", close to home and "El Guape" had similar body configurations with height differentials. It would be nice if RDLR stayed trim and remained healthy his whole career. He will develop other pitches in time. Other than the one game where they picked up his signs he has been outstanding.